Search results

1. What upgrades are worth getting?

The MOT only checks your fluid level and that you have no leaks mate, if you have no record of it being replaced, ie your service history, get it changed. It absorbs water over time which can boil under heavy braking! Easy job with 2 people, a bit of washer tube and a jam jar. Can make a hell...
  2. New owner of a Leon 1.820v

Yeah, I got it fixed. Turned out to be the Lambda sensor, fitted a new one and all was well. Now the steering rack is leaking, so got to change it. Luckily, it's an easy task!
  3. Running rich, MOT emissions failure.

Screenwash. I'll probably just bridge the wires, seems to work by passing a current through the screenwash going by the prongs on the sensor. Not like its hard to tell you've run out of screenwash, annoying dash light is overkill really...
  4. Running rich, MOT emissions failure.

So, an update for anyone with the same issue. Turns out I did have 2 issue. I replaced the stat and CTS, that fixed the temp gauge, but did absolutely nothing for the emissions. I found a local garage with VAG-COM, which talked to it first go, the main fault was the Lambda sensor. I...
  5. Running rich, MOT emissions failure.

Yeah, it works with most cars, but not mine. I know plenty about VAG-COM, I just don't own one! I have 2 snap-on units, a little eobd code reader and my laptop, none of which will talk to the car! Reluctant to spend out if it won't communicate either, £10 for a cheapo vag-lite compatible lead...
  6. No communication, high emissions. BN area

I have a '01 1.820v Leon with super high emissions, the eml is on but i can't get a connection with any snap-on scanners or my elm 327. Before I buy one myself, I'd kinda like to try and see if a Vag-com will talk to the damned thing! I'm willing to drive to you as long as its not to far...
  7. Running rich, MOT emissions failure.

Can anyone link me to one that definitely works? I'm an MOT Tester by trade, this didn't work, the readings never changed, even after 3 minutes at 4500rpm, that will get pretty much anything through. Lambda sensor was my first thought to be honest. I'll throw a CTS and stat in it tomorrow...
  8. Running rich, MOT emissions failure.

I'm in the Sussex coast area, I don't know of anyone personally. Anyone here nearby who would like to earn my eternal gratitude... I did almost change the 'stat and Coolant temp sensor as they were cheap and fairly quick and easy to change. The 90 degree read from the climate control and the...
  9. Running rich, MOT emissions failure.

So, I just picked up a very cheap Leon 1.8 20v Cupra. It had a leaking steering rack, so I replaced that no problems. The problems came when I MOT'd it. The emissions are through the roof. It drives perfectly, performance is good, fuel consumption is understandably high. The CO was...
  10. New owner of a Leon 1.820v

Hi everyone! Just picked up a very cheap '01 1.8 20VT with a few issues... Hoping that the issues it has are ones that have been seen and solved before! You'll find me in the tech section I expect...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.