Search results

1. Problems?

I've heard of people having rattles from the backrest release on VAG products. Apparently it's often the catch rattling around the little hoop part that stays put when you fold the seat (looks like the hoop on the door jam which the door latches onto). Apparently putting a bit of electrical tape...
  2. Swapping to steering with paddleshifters

They changed it to 'View' around the time that the virtual cockpit became available I believe. Early Ibizas here in the UK have a phone button, although the phone is on the left and voice control is on the right, based on a quick Autotrader search! I'm not sure what the 'View' button does on...
  3. Swapping to steering with paddleshifters

The Ibiza FR with the DSG gets paddles, and has the same button layout as your car. I'd get that instead.
  4. 2021 SEAT Ibiza mid-life facelift revealed with LED headlights as standard

I'm not sure about the round air vents and the huge coloured/glowing surrounds. Looks a little tacky to me. The soft touch dash though would be nice- less glare if nothing else!
  5. Looking at a used Ibiza

My Ibiza has done just under 30k now in 2 years and it's still rock solid. There are rattles- but it's the crap in the car not the car itself haha Now it's warmed up a bit I'm averaging over 50mpg- but that's lots of motorway driving.
  6. eCall fault

There have been issues with e-Call across loads of VW Group products. Apparently they have been replacing the module in a lot of cases which solves the problem.
  7. EPC light, engine management light and stop/start failure warnings with 2019 1.0 tsi 115ps Ibiza Xcelence Lux

Not at all. Your car is exactly the same as mine although I've done a lot more miles (nearly 30k now). My car's been flawless. They'll need to read the codes and go from there.
  8. Small Fuel Tank !

I'm getting similar range to my old Fabia, which had a 45 litre tank. Filled up earlier today and it was saying 415 miles. I've got 500 out of a tank once, when I had to collect my other half from Heathrow just at the beginning of the first lockdown so drove down, collected him, and drove...
  9. eCall fault

eCall uses GPS and cellular networks. However I believe it should give something other than a red warning if the system is simply out of range. I know a lot of recent VW Group products have had issues with the eCall system, the ID.3 especially, where a huge chunk of the early cars have had to...
  10. Choice of e-HYBRID or eTSI

Worth pointing out that £3-4 for a charge is a little excessive- if your electricity cost is 16.5p/kWh which is about what mine is, then it would cost you £2.15 to fill from empty. It really depends on what sort of driving you do. You won't be getting 50mpg if you're doing all your driving in...
  11. Dials of Digital cockpit

Yours is the same screens as mine, @Romainlt The rocker switch on the right side of the steering wheel moves through various different options in the centre 'zone'. You can get the map by scrolling over with that. However if you have maps going on Android Auto/Apple CarPlay then it won't work...
  12. e-Hybrid Charging

You will have to stick with the AC chargers too- not the 50kW DC chargers
  13. Ibiza 115 vs 110 Performance Difference

Mine's a manual, and an Xcellence Lux on the 17"s, but I'm very impressed with the fuel economy. It's a 2019 so I have the GPF, but it's still the older emissions regs. Averaging around 50mpg, can normally average 52-55mpg in the spring/summer. I have a fairly gentle commute and it's along the...
  14. Reat seat bench

They're not designed to fold- the base is supposed to be fixed. I'm sure there's a way to remove it safely, but I've no idea what that would be!
  15. Random ACC question

Having driven VAG cars with Front Assist since May 2016... I can't say I've ever had an issue with it. It's beeped quite a lot, but never braked when it shouldn't. It's once prevented an accident when someone pulled out in front of me, and the car was braking before I could move my foot to the...
  16. Upgrade from Front assist to Adaptive Cruise Control!

Interesting, and good to know!
  17. Upgrade from Front assist to Adaptive Cruise Control!

Does this apply to other MIB vehicles?
  18. A few issues I noticed with Leon Mk4

Re the parking lights- my first car was a 2002 Polo which was so basic it didn't even have central locking had the parking lights feature. It's been on every VAG product I've owned (and a 2007 Focus). I'm fairly sure that my dad's old Mk.3 Golf did it too, but I'm not entirely sure.
  19. Upgrading Stereo

Yeah the UK market tends to get higher spec stereos for some reason. That's not just with Seat, but across lots of car brands.
  20. Upgrading Stereo

I'm pretty sure that the only UK cars with the black-and-white 5" screen are the very basic S models, very few of which were sold. The vast majority have the 8" screen, which has Full Link. Not all of them however have it activated.