Search results

1. Looie

Cupra 300 ST stolen this morning

Shocking to read this - when I was driving Scooby's it was always a worry that something similar would happen, but then they all had Trackers fitted, which so far, no-one seems to have mentioned. Might be an idea to consider one on the 300's as they are obviously desirable and a target and once...
  2. Looie

Windows opened by themselves

I've had this many times when I had an Octavia VRS, the Skoda dealer coded this out somehow so it never happened again, and when I bought my Leon FR I got the salesman to sort that out before I even drove it off the forcourt - no idea what he did to do it, but so far it hasn't happened..... yet
  3. Looie

2013 Leon Mk3 Start Stop Issue

Personally I turn my stop/start off straight after I start the engine - every single time - can't stand the ruddy thing...... the 1.4ACT is so good on fuel it's a nonsense to have this on the car, but I do understand the 'political requirements' that force manufacturers to have them on engines...
  4. Looie

Windscreen and Wheelnut Cover.

Had a similar thing happen to me recently - stone, small crack which grew over the next few days. Spoke to my dealer about the safety & legal aspect who advised me that as it wasn't in the drivers direct field of vision, it was legal to drive the car, and no the screen won't shatter... so ignore...
  5. Looie

Cupra 300 Insurance

Gary is a top guy - used him for 8 yrs with my Scoob STI, but when I switched to a Octavia VRS Keith Michaels were only 'middle range' and then when I switched to my current FR they couldn't get anywhere near Direct Line so I moved my business. If I had a Cupra, Gary would be the first person I...
  6. Looie

Windows opened by themselves

Had this happen a number of times to me when I had my Octavia VRS - had to get the dealer to code out that function from the key - so when I bought my Leon FR, one of the first things I got the salesman to do was to do the same.......... he did it sat in the car playing with the switches, but no...
  7. Looie

2017 Leon dash cam using USB

Just go to your local Halfrauds and get them to do it.......... doesn't take long, not expensive, and they take all the hassle out of it for you!
  8. Looie

1.4TSI 150 economy

I achieved this over this weekend - mainly dual carriageway at 65-70mph, but there was a patch of sitting in roadworks for a good 15 mins using just 1st and 2nd gear till I cleared it, which spoilt it a bit, but still happy with this..... Leon FR 1.4 Eco TSI
  9. Looie

FR 184 post remap MPG reading.

Why not just do a full tank to full tank refill and use a calculator to work out the true MPG and compare that to the dash display - then at least you will know how accurate it is.:think:
  10. Looie

Parking sensors faulty - to sensitive??

I just hit the button that turns the sensor off............ in my FR it's next to the button that turns the stop-start off - which I also hit every trip.......... :yes:
  11. Looie

1.4 TSI ACT - Service Notification?

I had a similar thing come up on mine at the end of Nov, but I had only had the car since April and done 5½k from new (was a pre-registered car with 98 miles on the clock) so was a tad surprised to say the least......... The dealer thought it was strange as well, but we 'think' it happened...
  12. Looie

FR184 acceleration 1600 to 1800Rpm Hesitation or cough

I have this on my 1.4ACT FR - Pulling away in 1st usually, throttle pressed, rev counter goes to 1500 revs then when the clutch is brought up, it drop immediately to 1,000 revs and what acceleration I did have just goes - has caught me out quite a few times when pulling out into a busy road - am...
  13. Looie

Halfords Dash Cam Installation - Nextbase Dash Cam 312GW

I've got the 512G and had it fitted to my Leon FR a few months ago by Halfords... Was £30 fitted and it took them about 45 mins IIRC and was a job well done... no hassle. no problems.. You can save the £30 and do it yourself, but you still need to buy the Nextbase fitting kit which is £20, so...
  14. Looie

Leon Stop/Start

I turn mine off as soon as I set off....... the Leon is ruddy brilliant on fuel as it is....... don't need something to save me another pence or two on a trip - if you are worried that much about fuel consumption, stick to public transport... As soon as I have my first service in about 4-5...
  15. Looie

What month do you change over to winter tyres on your Leon?

Before I got my current Leon FR 150 ACT I had a Scoob and with that permanent 4WD I never found the need to have winter tyres, but when I changed to an Octavia VRS the FWD wheels just slipped and slid all over the shop in the winter - till I bought winter tyres, and blimey - what a difference...
  16. Looie

MPG leon 1.4 tsi 150

I have had my manual 2016 1.4 150 with ACT since 7th July and whilst I turn off the stop start thingy as soon as I start up I still get around 40-45 mpg in my daily use, none of that motorway driving, just A and B roads... If I go on a run on a motorway, I had 53mpg as my average not long...
  17. Looie

Dashcam fitting

If your drive takes you to 'safe' places where leaving it stuck on the screen isn't a problem, then great... not like that where I live - so off it comes each time... Only takes a couple of seconds to refit it anyway... :D
  18. Looie

Dashcam fitting

I have mine to the right of the mirror, half on the "dots" and half to the right of them - the Nextbase suction mount seems to be OK on the "dotty" bits, whereas when I had a Mobius, it wouldn't stick on them... I don't have any problem with the Nextabase being located there.. it's pretty much...
  19. Looie

Dashcam fitting

Or as an alternative - go to your local Halfrauds and buy their Nextabase fitting kit @ £20, and they fit it for you for another tenner........ you can then sit and have a cuppa/burger or whatever watching them do the hard work........... it's what I did on my Nextabase 512G and it saves all...
  20. Looie

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Popped down to Halfrauds on Sunday to get my Nextbase Dash Cam hard wired... bought the Dash Cam earlier last month, but wanted to see if I liked it first before going down the hard wired route - only took them 35-40 mins to do the whole thing and all for £30... bargain ! So much nicer than...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.