Search results

1. Chris D

FR TDI fumes on tick over?

Hi guys, I'm having some smoke trouble but it's coming from my engine rather than out the exhaust. It appears to be smoking near the turbo, the same area where JHunter_83 shows in the picture posted. Any ideas what this could be? Thanks!
  2. Chris D

Seat Leon FR mk2 TDI 170 Abs problem!

It does actually feel like it's something that's snagging like a cable. I'll take it in tomorrow and mention what you've said, Luckily it's under warranty so any repairs, if needed won't break the bank! Thanks alot for your help I really appreciate it mate. Seat Leon MK2 FR170 TDI
  3. Chris D

If it can be viewed that's a video of the problem, Cheers!http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/59db808f870bf/20171009_120430.mp4 Seat Leon MK2 FR170 TDI
  4. Chris D

It's mainly close to full lock turning left it happens generally. I do notice some restriction and my brake pedal sort of grinds like the abs is kicking in, I've noticed as well there's like a clunk in the steering wheel when I actually do full lock it parking up etc.. I've only noticed it...
  5. Chris D

Leon MK2 FR170 TDI ABS Issues!

Thanks bud I'll give it a look, is it a cheap enough fix? [emoji4] Seat Leon MK2 FR170 TDI
  6. Chris D

Leon MK2 FR170 TDI ABS Issues!

Hi guys I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out what's wrong with my car. The issue I have is when I turn left (only left) mainly out of junctions, my abs and traction control warning lights come on but after say 30 seconds they disappear once on a straight road. Could this be a simple...
  7. Chris D

Hi guys I'm just wondering if anyone could help me out.. The problem I have is when I turn left my abs and traction control warning lights come on but after say a minute they disappear? Is it possible it could be a sensor problem? Any help is appreciated!
  8. Chris D

Fuel leak?

Not done the soapy spray yet but the smoke comes from directly under the engine cover if that helps! Just had a quick look under the bonnet when I got to work.
  9. Chris D

Fuel leak?

Ok mate thanks for your help I'll try that and get back to you
  10. Chris D

Fuel leak?

Sorry mate, where about is this y pipe located? If you tell me possible places where fumes could be leaking from I could have a look when it smokes to see if it comes from anywhere you think
  11. Chris D

Fuel leak?

No problems will replace that thankyou, and mine is a non turbo but it is underneath slightly to the right of the engine head can't properly locate it as its very faint.
  12. Chris D

Fuel leak?

I have recently topped it up yeah, just smelt it and its a sweet kind of smell which I've read implies it is coolant! It is an on and off leak which is odd? Okay so where do you think the problem could lie if fumes are escaping somewhere? Could it simply be a seal needing replacing? The smell...
  13. Chris D

Fuel leak?

The leak seems to come and go as well, I might have two issues then a coolant leak and something along the lines of my petrol fumes escaping somewhere?
  14. Chris D

Fuel leak?

I assumed as I can smell it in the car, and I can smell it evaporating when I open the bonnet unless it could be fumes could be leaking out somewhere is thats possible?
  15. Chris D

Fuel leak?

I only notice small puddles once its been left standing overnight to be honest, never notice leaks it when the engine is on
  16. Chris D

Fuel leak?

The front of the car
  17. Chris D

Fuel leak?

I've recently noticed a strong smell of petrol in the car which gets worse when the heaters are on, I looked under the car and saw a small puddle on the floor first thing today, I think I have a fuel leak, if so how expensive and easy is it to locate? It also struggles when I turn the engine on...
  18. Chris D

what have you done to your car today ?

Had a look under under bonnet and the car itself after noticing a strong petrol smell in the car and worse through heaters. How expensive and easy is it to locate and repair a fuel leak? Its definitely around the engine area!
  19. Chris D

Running rough - coilpack?

Struggles to start Hi guys, every time I try to start my car it really struggles to fire up. I have to pump the accelerator abit to get it started, but once its started it idles perfectly and drives spot on. I have changed my CTS, I've had it plugged in and no fault codes appear, could it be a...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.