Search results

1. My old 290 DSG

F fast as f**k but I miss the pops and crackles!
  2. My old 290 DSG

Traded my MY16 290DSG black for a Tesla a few weeks ago and noticed it has turned up for sale here.... ACC, Pano, Seat Sound, PS4S, DSG and dif oil changed and never tracked. Would love to see it find a good home. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201911144370464
  3. Goodbye (and a good buy)

Traded my MY16 Cupra 290 Black DSG last week. It put a smile on my face every time I climbed in and I’ll miss it. If you see it come up for sale it’s a good ‘un with 50k on the clock, Full Link, ACC, pano, Seat Sound, PS4S all round and DSG and diff oil changed on schedule. Thanks for all the...
  4. CarPlay iOS 13

I’ve had occasional issues with CarPlay not connecting (the head unit cycling between connecting/could not connect/connecting) which were always solved by rebooting the head unit. I’ve not seen it since ios13. Ditto Spotify sometimes saying it can’t connect, solved by force closing Spotify on...
  5. Blackvue 750S Dashcam Review

Can’t get the fix to work after much experimentation. It’s doubly annoying that the Dride app connects to the camera no problem, though it has its own issues in terms of actually viewing some videos.
  6. Blackvue 750S Dashcam Review

The enable location while using fix? Doesn’t work for me unfortunately. And you’re right, the camera is nicely built for imaging but everything else is shockingly bad.
  7. Blackvue 750S Dashcam Review

Quick update rant: the BlackVue iOS app can no longer connect to the camera over WiFi since iOS13. This is despite the issue being flagged up early by beta testers only to be met with shrugs. This really is the most appalling product at any price let alone a premium one. Avoid at all cost.
  8. CarPlay iOS 13

If like me you don’t like the new CarPlay Dashboard view you can delete Apple Maps and dashboard view disappears.
  9. VAQ LSD Servicing

They’re separate...DSG at 60k km, Dif at 3yrs Probably avoid the garage that said they’re the same (though at least they knew it has a dif which is more than I can say of Lookers).
  10. Dashcam

I have a BlackVue 750 2 channel hardwired by Halfords and if works fine, but was overpriced. One tip is to get a memory card big enough to keep at least a week of recordings so you can it to challenge any penalties received by post. The rear camera needs its brightness at maximum to compensate...
  11. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Can I order a MY20 with a pano roof? Or any options at all? Apologies if this has been answered recently, I couldn’t see it.
  12. Oil leak puzzle

Turned out it was coolant leak from the aux coolant pump, mixing with oily gunk from the undertray. £300 later all is good.
  13. IMG Warrington - more great service

It's been said before but I always get great service from IMG. Compared to Lookers where you have to speak to a call centre to book in it's a much more personal service. This time they dealt with my auxilliary water pump which sprung a leak 7 days after my warranty ended. The initial quote was a...
  14. Oil leak puzzle

Noticed a small patch of what looks like oil under the front of my Cupra a few hours after I parked up. Felt thin light and oily to the touch. Took it to a local place for a quick look on a ramp today and they say it’s from high behind the manifold. Couldn’t see from exactly where without...
  15. MK3 Cupra spoiler non existent

9k on a 64 is somewhat unusual too
  16. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

That’s what I hoped but no, oily water draining from the under tray or possibly transmission/diff fluid. Going on the ramp tomorrow.
  17. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

7 days out of warranty and there’s a little pool of oil on the drive, bloody typical!
  18. Car won't start - starter motor failure?

Can’t offer any advice but welcome to the Leon family and sorry your ownership hasn’t gotten off to a better start (no pun intended)
  19. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Great result then
  20. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Beware if they want to fit a non-Seat windscreen, it’ll likely have annoying distortions. I’ve had two from Autoglass like that before I insisted on an OEM.