Search results

1. My old 290 DSG

Traded my MY16 290DSG black for a Tesla a few weeks ago and noticed it has turned up for sale here.... ACC, Pano, Seat Sound, PS4S, DSG and dif oil changed and never tracked. Would love to see it find a good home. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201911144370464
  2. Goodbye (and a good buy)

Traded my MY16 Cupra 290 Black DSG last week. It put a smile on my face every time I climbed in and I’ll miss it. If you see it come up for sale it’s a good ‘un with 50k on the clock, Full Link, ACC, pano, Seat Sound, PS4S all round and DSG and diff oil changed on schedule. Thanks for all the...
  3. IMG Warrington - more great service

It's been said before but I always get great service from IMG. Compared to Lookers where you have to speak to a call centre to book in it's a much more personal service. This time they dealt with my auxilliary water pump which sprung a leak 7 days after my warranty ended. The initial quote was a...
  4. Oil leak puzzle

Noticed a small patch of what looks like oil under the front of my Cupra a few hours after I parked up. Felt thin light and oily to the touch. Took it to a local place for a quick look on a ramp today and they say it’s from high behind the manifold. Couldn’t see from exactly where without...
  5. Anyone got Seat Extended Warranty?

My 290DSG is coming up to 3yrs old at 42k and I’m wondering about getting an extended warranty. It would have to cover the pano roof and ACC. The Seat website won’t give me a quote until the existing warranty expires (great sales technique guys), but Motoreasy suggests £900pa for an all...
  6. Lookers Seat have never heard of front diff

I've used them before and been happy enough. In fact Lookers Manchester were the supplying dealer of my MY16 290DSG. But today I tried to book for a service and asked them to also change the oil and filter in the front diff as the car is almost 3yrs old. The call centre were at first adamant...
  7. Sunroof Service £200!

I know the service schedule has a clean and grease for my pano roof at 3yrs, in 6 months time. Just got the car back from an interim service and DSG oil change and Lookers have kindly quoted for the work to be done at the next service including £200 for the roof! Really? Anyone had this done...
  8. Dealer cost of front pads

So in the past the Lookers call centre have mistakenly quoted me the non-Cupra fixed price of £129 for front pads, and the dealer has honoured it. Does anyone know what they should cost from a dealer?
  9. Blackvue 750S Dashcam Review

I’ve been running this in my Cupra for the last week and thought I’d share my thoughts. Turns out I have quite a lot to say! It’s a front and rear setup and I also have the power magic pro (PMP) hardwire kit that enables the camera to run in parking mode with the ignition off. I paid £230 for...
  10. IMG Warrington for repair work - recommendations?

Looks like I have a coolant leak. IMG Warrington would be convenient to get it fixed. Anyone used them for diagnostic and repair work and could recommend?
  11. Mk4 spy shots in Autocar

Evolution not revolution, at least on the outside? https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/next-seat-leon-due-2019-high-tech-cabin-and-plug-variant
  12. Centre caps

Can anyone point me in the direction of replacement wheel centre caps for the 290 multi-spokes please? Mine are badly corroded at the edges.
  13. Failed tailgate release

I can no longer open the boot using the badge release, I have to long press the remote. Assume this means the switch has failed and a visit to the dealers for warranty work. Should I replace my boot pop struts with the standard struts before taking it in do you think?
  14. Missing wheel bolt

Just checking how many bolt caps I’m missing (7) and realised more importantly I’m actually missing a whole bolt on one of the rears - it’s the locking one that is missing. Can anyone help with a link to a replacement? The Eurocarparts website doesn’t list one. I have the 290 Black with the...
  15. Driving in light snow

Aside from getting winter tyres and going easy on the accelerator I wondered are there any recommended settings I should be using in my 290DSG? Obviously comfort mode for the engine, but would putting front diff in Cupra mode help? Should I turn off stability control? Manual shift mode on the...
  16. Humming noise after engine off

I've just upgraded from a 184FR DSG to a Cupra 290 Black DSG. One odd thing I've noticed in the Cupra is a humming noise from behind the dash when I turn off the engine, or it stop/starts. Lasts about a minute. Sounds like an electrical cooling fan or maybe auxilliary water pump? Definately...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.