Search results

1. Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

H&R and about 25mm
  2. Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

Summer’s on again so let the season begin then. In on my 4th year with this thing.
  3. Cupra R and wheel hop ?

Yes, those
  4. Cupra R and wheel hop ?

Don’t do the insert, it will wear out too quickly. Change out the whole lower engine/tranny mount. Transforms the car. You may still get wheel hop, but much much less than stock.
  5. Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

Mine is a Cupra 280 and wheels are TD pro1.2.
  6. Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

mine from earlier this summer, driving through europe.
  7. Xpo's Cupra 280 from the north

So...another track day done. Car drove great, no overheating the brakes and tires sort of kept up. Had some interesting talks with a guy there with a highly modified Golf gti mk6(400hp, 245/35-tires and water cooled brakes for example). He also ran 4sec faster lap times than me. So part from my...
  8. Xpo's Cupra 280 from the north

And back from vacation and some.... over 5000km around germany, austria, italy and of course the Nürburgring lol. It did well all the time, except for the laps on the ring this time. All kinds of fault codes and beeps on every lap, never had it before, or after during the later trips we had. Got...
  9. Xpo's Cupra 280 from the north

Finally got the new wheels and tires. TD 1.2 and conti 6 in 225/40-18”. Time will tell if I’ll eventually need 235/40...
  10. Xpo's Cupra 280 from the north

Not much happening, as i’m still waiting for new wheels and tires. Had to put the old summers on for the time being. Also finally got around mounting the rs3 air guides. Hoping for a bit cooler brakes during track days. And a quick pic when out with a friend with the badly worn out tires, soon...
  11. Chester's MkIII Leon SC FR 1.4 TSI ACT

It will become deeper and just slightly louder. But it’s all down to personal taste. Try and find videos with same engine on VW with changed exhaust for reverence also.
  12. Chester's MkIII Leon SC FR 1.4 TSI ACT

Straight pipe it all the way to the back box if you want it a little louder and rawer, but without being obnoxious and no drone.
  13. Xpo's Cupra 280 from the north

So, got the car back today after mount and some other stuff was done with it. Impressions? Really transformed the car, feels stiffer, more connected, engine sounds sort of rawer. A bit more nvh, but mostly at idle. Still on winters 205/50-17”, so can’t really tell yet if wheel hop is “all” gone...
  14. Xpo's Cupra 280 from the north

Time for some upgrades as i’ve been tired of wheel hop. Ordered these from awesome gti. Expensive but hopefully getting rid of the hopping together with new tires in the spring. Last set barely lasted two summers.
  15. Hurdy's 470bhp Cupra MK3

Oh my...that is the exact same brake upgrade I’ve been kicking myself around in doing! Stock calipers are so silly heavy!
  16. What mods do you have

H&R lowering H&R rear sway bar(the biggest one) Racingline r600 intake Tune with around 340hp and a smooth and strong curve, instead of going all out max hp. Mk1 front lip Custom exhaust with full flow dampers(very loud) Some 18” vw-wheels for better feel on both road and track. 225/40- Conti...
  17. New MK3 Leon CUPRA R Confirmed

So this is just some added aero, contrasting copper, regular p-pack, Golf gti end tips and maybe the same hubs from the clubsport s/ttrs? I think i will just hold on to my 280 and get around on upgrade the engine mounts and change to kw ddc and call it a day. I was really hoping for something...
  18. Cupra wheels, tyres, wheel hop, etc.

I believe i've seen OZ ultraleggera 18" on those brembo's on an rs3, but with like a hair between.
  19. Trackday tips n tricks

Drove my 280 on the ring for a few days last week, it held up pretty well. Wasn't chasing any times, just having fun and the brakes where a non issue. Conti5's on the other hand where just on the limit lol Gonna take it to a track day here in Sweden in a few weeks. I'll report back how well or...
  20. Xpo's Cupra 280 from the north

It felt just fine and no wet laps. Suspension and brakes did well, but i never went 2 laps in a row. Out for a quick cool down drive and back in after checking tire pressure. Some bad crashes but nothing I was involved in.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.