Search results

1. Clutch Pedal Snapped. GUIDE

Thanks for the guide, but I'm struggling a bit. I've managed to get the first clip off but I can't see the other clip you mention. Also you say "Now remove the clutch pedal switch by screwing it out.".... wheres that? I can't see a clutch pedal switch! Anyway, the clutch pedal is now loose...
  2. Clutch Pedal Snapped. GUIDE

Mine just gone. Luckily only 200m from home, so managed to start the car in 1st and get home.
  3. MAF part number (Just the sensor not the housing)

Sorry I should have been clearer... I've removed my MAF from the housing and cleaned it. Unfortunately as the screws had totally rusted they were basically destroyed when I removed them. So, now I have a cleaned MAF sensor and the housing but no screws. Thanks Ben
  4. MAF part number (Just the sensor not the housing)

The security screws that hold the MAF sensor into the housing have completely rusted and are unusable... does anyone know where I can get some more (They don't have to be seciroty screws, but the thread is quite unusual). I've tried Screwfix but can't see what I'm after. Thanks Ben
  5. HELP.... need an air mass meter?

£59+VAT at EuroCarParts, and thats outright (Most places charge more AND on an exchange basis too).
  6. MAF part number (Just the sensor not the housing)

Thanks for the offer anyway gezmeister
  7. MAF part number (Just the sensor not the housing)

F 00C 2G2 040 Apparently thats the Bosch part number for the MAF, whereas 06A906461D is the VAG part number. Both the same thing. Thanks Ben
  8. MAF part number (Just the sensor not the housing)

Thanks Bill Spoke to Mike earlier. He said to get a normal Ibiza MAF (Smaller housing) and to remove the sensor and put it in the bigger housing.... he also said that if there is tape over the port holes then to do the same thing on the new one. Sound sensible? Note that both GSF and...
  9. MAF part number (Just the sensor not the housing)

Hi It appears that despite taking great care when cleaning my air filter not to over oil it, I managed to over oil it and kill the MAF. :( I've searched on here for the MAF part number and found loads of threads that all seem to list the part number as 06A906461D, however thats the part...
  10. Removing the soundproofing

95% of my sound proofing came off relatively easily using a heat gun and a scraper, its just the 5% of this other stuff that you can't heat and scrape off. Thanks for your tips. I'll have a go later. Thanks Ben
  11. Removing the soundproofing

I've just finished removing the sound proofing tarmac type tiles from my Ibiza, which was a bit time consuming but not too bad. However, in places (Such as the front of the foot wells) the sound proofing tiles seem to have some kind of silicone stuff underneath, which you can't melt off...
  12. Cleaning my Air Filter

Thanks Prebs Yeah I know the oil can mess with the MAF which is why I want to know which is the correct one to use, and also I'll make sure I don't use much. But I believe that if you don't use any at all then the fine dust can get through the filter which obviously isn't good for the engine...
  13. Cleaning my Air Filter

Someone must have cleaned and reoiled their induction kit?
  14. Cleaning my Air Filter

Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but I couldn't find anywhere better. Basically, I've just cleaned my cone air filter and so I need to re-oil it. I was just wondering what oil people use (And where they get it)? Some people suggest WD40? I bought some K&N air filter...
  15. Who has the most tuned mk3 cupra??

My Jabbasport IHI'd Ibiza is about 360bhp (Dyno'd at 361bhp at Jabba and 360bhp at Storm). Very fast, but not fast enough. Looking to go up to about 425bhp, maybe next year. :) Bills Ibiza has to be the most mental.... it makes mine seem like a 1 litre Clio! :) Ben
  16. Owens development turbo project Octavia vRS.....

I'm not saying you're wrong about the IHI's power, but the thing is, I'm getting mixed messages.... One minute I'm being told that Owen Developments know what they are doing and that their power claims are accurate, but then when I point out the Owen claim the VF34 P20 is good for 370bhp I'm...
  17. Owens development turbo project Octavia vRS.....

So about the same as a standard IHI then?
  18. Owens development turbo project Octavia vRS.....

So the TD05H 18G is good and reliable for about 400bhp? Is it a straight swap or does it require a different manifold? Thanks Ben