Search results

1. Gearbox issue

Is anyone interested in the old box? It's an FMH with what appears to be the 1st/2nd selector fork issue. It was in perfect working order prior to the issue. A winter project for someone? Or does anyone know who buys them to re-condition in Lancashire?
  2. Gearbox issue

# off # messer
  3. Gearbox issue

I know, bought a box of eBay yesterday! £200 and it's allegedly done 76k in an 06 Bora, bloke has 99.4% on there so don't think he's a lesser. Did speak to him yesterday and said it needed to be bang on and ad said excellent working order so fingers crossed ;-) There was absolutely no suggestion...
  4. Gearbox issue

Help!! Last night I lost reverse, 1st, 2nd & 5th!!!! Is this going to be the 1/2 fork selector or a linkage issue. Is there a link to a how to regards linkage check? Thanks in advance Chris
  5. what have you done to your car today ?

What you driving? I'm East Lancs, will keep my eyes peeled ;) I'm in a met. blue TDi SE
  6. what have you done to your car today ?

It's still on the road, sold it my neighbour's son for £200 Cat D, it was written off due to paintwork scrape all the way down the near side, nothing structural or mechanically wrong with it. It was a nice and tidy car for the year
  7. what have you done to your car today ?

Having my 1.6s Leon written off was a blessing in disguise, get in :rofl:
  8. what have you done to your car today ?

Yep, I wasn't bothered but caught him looking across and then he revved it, big mistake!!! The gauntlet had been thrown down, I can resist everything but temptation :D He followed me into Harwood but hung back :) Must admit I'm loving this car, far better than the Mk4 Golf 20vt I had :thumbup...
  9. what have you done to your car today ?

Took it for a 260mile run to the Lake District and back!! :D Still got half a tank of due left and also had the pleasure of putting some pup in a Corsa SXi in his place at Whalley lights ;) :p I think he was trying to impress his lady, ooops :) TDi 1 - 0 SXi
  10. what have you done to your car today ?

Ordered an air con fan for it :blink: This is the last job to be done, I've done a search but can't find a guide soooo can I ask a bit of advice? Do I remove the old one by unscrewing the three screws on the frame or the three nuts on the motor? Thanks in advance Chris
  11. Changing rear brake pads guide

Fair comment but I'm not sure I'd put brake fluid in there as it's corrosive and the boot's only a dust cover. I've done the WD40 trick on my Mk2 Golf GTi, my Mk4 20vt and the ex-wife's MG ZR with no issues but you may have a point.
  12. what have you done to your car today ?

Replaced the rear discs and pads, that's all the major work done ;)
  13. Changing rear brake pads guide

Just been doing my rear discs and pads, did the fronts last week :D I looked in on this thread just to check there were no differences to how I did my Mk4 Golf's last year, can I just say that if your rear pistons are difficult to wind back using your fingers pull the rubber boot on the piston...
  14. how many miles has everybody done??

My 53 plate 1.9TDi has 133k on the clock, having checked the MOT history before buying it appears to be genuine so it's only just run in and probably good for the same again ;):D
  15. My 'NEW' Leon

Thanks, it's a pretty straight car but I have got some Color Magic polish for it as there's a few faint scratches which hopefully the polish will disguise ;)
  16. My 'NEW' Leon

So after reaching 15 posts I can now post some pics of my new arrival. Had it since Monday and already done a couple of things to it already, new rear discs and pads going on it tomorrow :D 2004 (53 plate) 1.9TDi (130bhp) and goes like a stabbed rat!!!!! :rofl:
  17. what have you done to your car today ?

Took some pics of it, this is my 15th post so posting the pics up shortly
  18. VAG fan getting 2nd Leon

Post #14, pics going up shortly ;)
  19. what have you done to your car today ?

Took it to the jet wash and will get the Auto Glym bumper & trim gel out after a sausage and bacon butty :D
  20. what have you done to your car today ?

Hiya Matt, got them from carmats-uk, ordered them Thursday night and they arrived yesterday. Very good fit and had them personalised as well, when I get to 15 posts I'll post some pics Chris
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.