Search results

1. Degudodger

Temp Sensor + sticky throttle.

If you can wait till tomorrow morning I will take a photo and post it on here for you.
  2. Degudodger

Temp Sensor + sticky throttle.

Hiya, It is So So easy to do.:D Disconnect sensor Remove mental C clip which holds sensor in place Jiggle and gently twist the sensor until it becomes free Pull the sensor out and remove the rubber O ring (the faster you do this the less coolant you will lose). Insert new sensor with...
  3. Degudodger

1.80 20V Temp gauge issues but not related to temp sender unit.

Glad it's not just me then! I know my aircon works ok and the fan works ok - i.e comes on when it should.
  4. Degudodger

1.80 20V Temp gauge issues but not related to temp sender unit.

I have a long running issue with the temp gauge on my 1999 1.8 20v which needs resolving some time soon. Basically, at speeds of 70mph+ the temp gauge hovers between 65-70dgs but at lower speeds, for instance if I am driving round town, reports a temperature of between 80-90dgs. If I leave the...
  5. Degudodger

Glove box replacement?

To be honest, your best bet would be to get a replacement glovebox from a brakers yard, not sure what the cost will be but i do know it will be a HELL of a lot less than a stealership.
  6. Degudodger

In need of a new CAT

DAM IT!! My Toledo must have got wind that it's going to be sold in the next couple of weeks as the Cat has decided to brake up!! I've been quoted £250 Inc fitting for a replacement but before I commit, can anybody recommend a garage In the Winchester/Southampton area apart from...
  7. Degudodger

Swirl removal on a budget

Well the time has come for me to sell the Toledo, but before I do I would like to clean the paintwork up a bit to try and get the best possible price for it. The paintwork is apart from a couple of stone chips, and scratches in good condition but there are loads of swirls!! Is there anyway...
  8. Degudodger

New tyres needed....

Excellent. Next do I get 17" or 18" wheels :think:
  9. Degudodger

New tyres needed....

So, how have you guys found the FK-452's, any good. I'm going to be replacing my alloys at the end of the month and i'm thinking about getting some FK-452's as well.
  10. Degudodger

v5 tolly or mondeo 2.0?

Have you considered looking at a 1.8 20V SE Toledo. Admittedly the standard lump is only 125bhp, however from personal experience they are a fantastic car to drive - well worth the money (£1500-£2000). :D
  11. Degudodger

Leon compressing brake piston -Help!!!

blowing a seal, that takes me back :lol:
  12. Degudodger

Leon compressing brake piston -Help!!!

Sorry to ask a dumb question. When winding the piston back, do you need to open the brake fluid reservoir or bleed the system afterwards. :think:
  13. Degudodger

e-bay vag-com cable

Just paid for mine. £12 fantastic! :D
  14. Degudodger

Mk1 Tolly heater control unit

Your best bet would be to use something like http://www.247spares.co.uk/ or http://www.1stchoice.co.uk/ BTW, Welcome :wave:
  15. Degudodger

The washer jet upgrade part2!

Not yet just having a look in ETOS, which should have the part numbers
  16. Degudodger

The washer jet upgrade part2!

Boz , What the @%$ing hell have you done. After reading your other post I've spent the best part of the day trying to snaffel some washer jest, and with out any luck. Thank god the otherhalf is understanding!! So now thats another mod I NEED!!! :cry:
  17. Degudodger

Battery Replacement

Sam, Do you have a GSF near you, if so give them a call as a replacement battery will only set you back £30. I had the same problem see post http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108138 :cry:
  18. Degudodger

Noisy Exhaust

Expanding foam (Homebase is your friend) will sort it once and for all, just make sure they can't pin it on you. :clap:
  19. Degudodger

New Toledo Owner

Another Toledo owner, welcome to the fold :D
  20. Degudodger

Ss

Ok really stupid question, is there one available for a 1.8 20v non turbo. :whistle:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members