Search results

1. Tyres

Got these on all 4 corners of my cupra. More than happy with them! :coolthumb
  2. Alert sounding but no corresponding light

Possible door lock module breaking down, thinks door open? Just a thought. :shrug:
  3. Alert sounding but no corresponding light

Exactly what I was going to follow up with. ;)
  4. Alert sounding but no corresponding light

Would it be something to do with the cold weather? Black ice warning, perhaps?
  5. Air con compressor not working

Yea, not very helpful when you're trying to demist the windscreen! :(
  6. Air con compressor not working

A re-gas would be my first guess. Thats usually the first thing to stop the compressor working. I had a dodgy fuse on my old mk4 golf. It was in the fuse holder on top of the battery. Can't remember if the cupra has one of these though! Lol.
  7. Pull door handle Help!

Think you only have to pull twice if the doors lock themselves when you drive away. (Anti hijack feature). The first pull unlocks the door, the second pull opens it. I've had mine deactivated.
  8. Leon MK!

I'd never of guessed that there were so few mk1's left. I see loads of them now I've got one!!
  9. Number plate lights blowing fuse??

Oh right, very strange. Does the fuse only control number plate lights or multiple things? I can't remember! May be something to do with the switch or possibly a relay. Common faults are corroded earth wires. Have you done any electrical work on the car prior to the fuse problem?
  10. Number plate lights blowing fuse??

I had led bulbs in my car when I bought it. They were ok for a bit but then the fuse blew. Changed fuse a couple of times as it kept blowing so I put standard bulbs in and it's been fine ever since! Led bulbs can be a bit of a pain apparently. :(
  11. what have you done to your car today ?

Two new tyres fitted to the rear today. Matching set now. Air con regassed aswell.
  12. what have you done to your car today ?

Hi, did you fit the rear seat aswell? I thought my cupra seats were ok. Never thought to do a swap. Might have to rob them out of the wife's mk4! Lol
  13. what have you done to your car today ?

I've had this a few times in the past. Advertised the car for sale, go for a drive and suddenly the car drives great and think to myself, why am I selling it! I'm really pleased with my cupra. It needs a few jobs doing but I don't mind tinkering. Just wish I had the funds to have bought an R!
  14. what have you done to your car today ?

Replaced my electric mirror switch today as the bit where the plug connects was broken and had been bodged with super glue! Also managed to get the door pin alarm led working.
  15. what have you done to your car today ?

I braved the hot weather and fitted a new rear wiper motor this afternoon. Simple enough job. Probably took me longer to get the tailgate plastic trim off and back on again! I had to repair a couple of clip mounts as they cracked when I pulled trim off last week when I realised the motor was...
  16. what have you done to your car today ?

I've just sold my 328 coupe after 3 years of ownership. Was a nice drive out on a run, not so great around town tho. Never had any trouble with it. Loving my cupra now tho. So light and nippy and still nice and smooth on a run. Good luck with it big John. Its a totally different animal! Lol
  17. what have you done to your car today ?

Right rear door lock replaced this morning and resealed the window reg carrier. Door now locks and unlocks as it should. Nice when things work properly. Now I've just noticed my rear wiper is leaking water into the boot! :( Oh well, that's a job for another day.
  18. what have you done to your car today ?

Drove to the coast today. Car didn't miss a beat. The furthest I've driven it since I've owned it. (Only had it 8 weeks). Drove better than I thought it would and returned 39mpg!
  19. what have you done to your car today ?

Both front doors been resealed. Passenger side done yesterday, no water on the sill! Drivers side done today. Not checked it yet but I'm sure it'll be fine.
  20. 1.8T sounds like a Dyson when starting from cold? A Secondary Air Pump repair guide

Does the pump need to be resealed before putting the new bolts on?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.