Search results

1. Passenger side exterior "rustling" sound only in 2nd gear

Audio Bump: https://clyp.it/hbdq5ue5 Ok, managed to I think get a pretty good representation of the sound here in this clip, i have other sound clips if needed (finally managed to find my studio mic with anti wind mod), the mic is pretty poorly placed hence why you can still hear wind noise but...
  2. Passenger side exterior "rustling" sound only in 2nd gear

Bump. No one have a clue? Have contacted dealer about it but not heard back yet..
  3. Passenger side exterior "rustling" sound only in 2nd gear

So this is a curious one for me, sound clip at bottom. Started happening about a few days ago. I have been hearing this sound coming from the far front left side of the car which almost sounds like a rustling shuffling sound is the best i could describe is, almost like the sound if you could...
  4. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

I'll take that into consideration for the future if this fresh insert plays up, thanks :). I'll go for 100nm again then, seems about right for the bolt to be flush. So what do you have your tyres set to now? Mine seems incredibly high for a factory suggestion I've never had a tyre set to such...
  5. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

I am confused. Are we still talking about the yellow lower engine mount (large) insert for 34.74 on powerflexes website? Or something additional? There are so many different bits i get a bit lost. Are you saying that the full "ENGINE MOUNT HYBRID BUSH (LARGE)" is serving you better than just the...
  6. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

I loved the insert for ages, it was brilliant. But after a few months it simply returned to stock wheel hop levels which was incredibly surprising. Tyres were and still are Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 2 s, 17 inch and 225/45/91Y rated. They are superb in dry, bit less so under load in wet but with...
  7. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Oh neat, so you have actually got for a shorter width of tyre and noticed even less of a tendency so that's interesting as I always figured wider tyres would help but I suppose with a FWD car as you said, almost any small factor of change can have a noticable effect, very interesitng :).
  8. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Appreciate your update :), I too have fallen on and off the radar a bit the last few months, life happens though eh...but wanted to also check in with more feedback. I actually found on my 180 fr petrol that the 034 had quite significantly bent, and was an absolute bitch to remove. I had my...
  9. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

No chance! No offence, lovely cars, great power but just dull and boring to look at, i adore my Leon I do but the issue should not be so severe :). Oh shut up you :P. I must admit however, it was doing it prior to the map. It is not exactly like you described though, dry grip is excellent...
  10. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Well. 6 weeks on, I have been getting "like stock" levels of wheel hop tramping in the wet and it's absolutely aweful. I am actually rather annoyed, now more than ever with stage 1 I need that connection in the wet and my god it's not there, half throttle it's tramping at, even doing in DAMP...
  11. Clutch double "cocking" noise after gear changes

Haha absolutely not, definitely coming from the clutch lol. I've got something booked for tomorrow so i'll be doing that...they agree that it doesn't quite sound right. The thing is i don't wanna be under pressure when test driving it and make a **** up haha, plus, **** weather is forecast as...
  12. Clutch double "cocking" noise after gear changes

Fair point! Have you not looked into a clutch upgrade to help with the slip? I wouldn't know where to start nor would I know how much to spend let alone whether it's just the clutch that would need an upgrade. I know its a crap sound quality but what do you reckon it could be from hearing the...
  13. Clutch double "cocking" noise after gear changes

Ok...this is the best I could do with my camera audio, i've tried to boost the treble a bit, but here is the sound: https://clyp.it/hv4s11ia It's at the 4 second ish mark, shortly followed by me mimicing the sound of the "chic chic" by...well making the sound LOL. Not sure how clear it will...
  14. Clutch double "cocking" noise after gear changes

After only a year?! Surely not. If I'm being 100% honest from month 1 of having the car I've heard the sound kinda when I've made a crappy shift or shifted to low down or too quickly but...surely during the service they'd of picked that up especially when I mentioned about it, although not...
  15. Clutch double "cocking" noise after gear changes

You see, this is the thing. I'm not 100% sure it is a problem haha. Like, I think it's just a quirk as when you're on it it truly is faultless. I think perhaps this is just kinda how more powerful cars are. I've never driven anything near 180hp before let alone 238 now! Ahh well, in my honest...
  16. Clutch double "cocking" noise after gear changes

I'm really having trouble picking the sound up on my phone, think i'll need to use my proper microphone and have it fastened under the passenger footwell or better yet, just besides the open window. It happens SO MUCH MORE when it's hot, but less when in Eco throttle mode (which makes sense in...
  17. Clutch double "cocking" noise after gear changes

I mentioned it at service, mentioned about the gear linkages too about how sometimes it crunches/grinds into reverse when starting up (hot or cold) or when it sometimes, when coming to a halt from speed, putting into 1st gear ready to go again also causes a light crunch too, my foot ofc is all...
  18. Clutch double "cocking" noise after gear changes

I am getting what can only be described as a double cocking noise when changing gear and letting off the clutch. Basically, what i mean is, there is a "chick, chick" sound coming from the clutch when i shift up (rarely down) at low/medium revs, which is much more prevelant on a quick gear...
  19. Cupra wheels, tyres, wheel hop, etc.

Interesting and good to hear :). What size wheels do you have? I am tempted by the PS4S but i don't think they do them in 17".
  20. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

I actually had a feel of the yellow one, it felt to me way too soft so that's why I went with the purple one, hence also my surprise. It's not a question of the best one for the job it seems in my case, as the 034 for me just has a completely different vibe to it, almost literally lol. It terms...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.