Search results

1. Boot lock

Hi all, Having issues with the boot lock and once removed noticed that there are 3 pins in the connector. The wires going into the connector are brown, brown/black and blue/green. Can anybody shed some light on which is which. Thanks Ed
  2. Replacing convenience module

Hi all, I've finally decided on a replacement module, second hand as it's discontinued unfortunately. My question is am I able to just fit this part without any worries as I have been in contact with seat and jkm for programming and seat have warned me that I could have the ecu "lock"...
  3. Replacement hoses

Afternoon all, I've located a vacuum leak on my cupra (180 auq), it's one of the breather pipes under the inlet. It's a short pipe, 130mm, it's got a id of 10mm and steps up to a id of 15mm for the last 25mm and on the pipe is the following number: 06A 103 221 AF. Next to the rocker cover is a...
  4. Alarm issues

Hi all, I'm having issues with my car alarm going off when driving and it's now doing it after locking the car as well. I've noticed that at times when locking the car that the indicators don't flash and the red light on drivers door don't flash after locking the car, this is a random thing...
  5. Coolant loss

Hi, I'm having issues with coolant leaking. My cupra was idling high and read that it could be the coolant temp sensor, I replaced the sensor last weekend and the idling was still high but not as high as before. Tonight I had the light on the temp gauge come on and when I got home saw that I...
  6. Oil usage

Hi all, I'm a bit worried about the oil usage of my car, 1.8t auq. The car has done 115k and seems to be using about a litre of oil every 1-2k miles, I haven't noticed any smoke from the exhaust and don't see any oil on the drive. I'm pretty sure that it is running the original turbo. Should...
  7. More money than sense.......

Hi all, Just seen the most stupid thing ever and had to share it on here as it made me chuckle/ left me gobsmacked. I'm driving about in Southampton to run an errand and saw a ford mustang that looked a bit "furry", if this is common then please forgive me but it looked as if the bloke had...
  8. Dash lights

Hi all, I've noticed that the dash lights stay on when locking the car, at times when I take the keys out of the ignition the temp warning light will come on really dim and then all the lights will come on. Sometimes the lights are quite dim and other times bright. I don't think the lights stay...
  9. Clutch master cylinder

Hi, The clutch pedal decided to go bang today. I've had the pedal welded up and the plastic clip is whole but..... The pushrod seems to be sitting quite far out and I tried offering the pedal up to it and it does look that it needs pushing in and here is where the issue arises. How are you...
  10. Touch up paint

Hi, I've been told to try Halfords for touch up paint. Problem is I'm not keen on halfords at all ( had a few issues with them in the past). Do anyone know of a reliable company for touch up paint, how would they match the paint? Thanks.
  11. Car maintenance

Hi all, I drive a lc which as far as I know is not modified and would like to service the car but have a few questions. Which oil to use ( brand of oil, semi/ full synthetic and viscosity, car has done 108k) , I have always flushed previous motors when changing oil but have no idea if the...
  12. Steering problem

Hi all, I bought a Leon cupra last week and a worrying problem has just surfaced. The missus picks me up from work and when doing a u turn she said it felt like the wheel locked and she was fighting it to straighten the wheels. I had the same happen to me 10 minutes later and I only made a...
  13. Hi from midlife_crisis

Hi all, Been meaning to for a while and have finally bought a cupra. Loving the car but as with most things it's not perfect. Plans for the car is to not go overboard, just to try and improve it a bit and too ultimately enjoy it.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.