Search results

1. Starting issues - oily plugs

So I've been having starting issues recently. Changed my plugs about 8 weeks ago then a short while after the starting issues began. Was suggested coil packs or fuel pump. Changed the coil packs today and same issue, but I noticed oil around the top of plug 3 and 4. So took them all out and...
  2. Removing climate control unit from centre console?

Got it out and replaced. But now the blower unit behind the glove box is all of a sudden noisy. All I did was put a new climate control unit in??
  3. Leon cupra r starting issues

Sounds from under the car actually so not sure thats related
  4. Removing climate control unit from centre console?

Okay so got the ashtray and most of the stereo out, how do I remove the rest as the trim is still stuck around the stereo somewhere. Pic attached.
  5. Leon cupra r starting issues

Anyone have a link to a reasonably priced fuel pump? The car is stage 2 mapped with 4 bar fpr, should it have an upgraded pump?
  6. Leon cupra r starting issues

Aye just saw a video looks simple enough. Cheers
  7. Leon cupra r starting issues

Fuel pump primes when I turn the key and when running there is no problems. Think this might be beyond my capabilites at home, just wanted to hear some ideas.
  8. Leon cupra r starting issues

Hey guys, having some issues with my car it's an 03 bam Leon cupra r and if I leave it for more than 12 hours it struggles to start. Can take from 5 to 20 attempts to get it started. If I leave it for several days it's so much worse, can take 25 to 50 goes to get started and backfires a lot at...
  9. Removing climate control unit from centre console?

Trying to replace a water damaged climate control unit from the centre console but can't seem to get any of the trim off. There appears to be two pieces either side of the unit that should pop off to reveal the screws but I've seriously tried and they won't budge. Close to denting the plastic...
  10. 2 Problems I need help with: Wet footwells, coolant smell.

No it doesn't rise under load. Just took her out there and no coolant smell, seems to be an intermittent problem... i don't know wtf to look at. Also all the water is on the passenger side, just had the bonnet open there and noticed the pollen filter/cover looks wonky (i've never touched it...
  11. 2 Problems I need help with: Wet footwells, coolant smell.

I've ordered what I need to fix the door seals, thanks. But the coolant smell - there is no red coolant anywhere that I can see. Another thing to note is if I turn my fans off when the car is idling the temp gauge raises up, have to put the hot air fans back on to bring it back down to normal...
  12. 2 Problems I need help with: Wet footwells, coolant smell.

Just checked and no it's defintely rain water. The near side rear is absolutely flooded again and we've had no rain and I dried it as best I could earlier today with a powerful dog dryer.
  13. 2 Problems I need help with: Wet footwells, coolant smell.

Hey guys, Couple issues here with my MK1 Leon Cupra R. The near side foot wells (front and rear and to very small degree the offside rear) are soaking wet. The nearside rear is like a swimming pool back there, I dry it off as best I can and 5 mins later the water has pooled up again and it's...
  14. modified car insurance

They wouldn't quote me because I haven't updated the address on my driving license. Brentacre gave me the best deal of the 8 or so companies I tried. 465 for the year on a heavily modified and mapped LCR
  15. modified car insurance

I know this is an old post of mine, but back with another cupra r soon! Any recommendations on modified car insurers? I did try chris knott but hilariously they won't cover a 210>280 bhp increase. Don't see why they advertise here as that's very much a typical bhp increase.. oh well...
  16. LCR New battery dying fast

Hey there, For a little while I've had some issues with my battery dying really quick. A month ago I put a brand new one in as the old one was dying after 3 days. I dropped the car off at the garage for mot before I went offshore and left it with them. They had it for 2.5 weeks and reported...
  17. Rear n/s footwell flooded!

I know these cars (LCR) have an issue with leaking after a while. Even seen a diy post on it somewhere. But wanted to ask. The rear n/s footwell is like a swimming pool after the recent heavy rain but only that side. Will the water be coming in through that door or can other areas lead to that...
  18. modified car insurance

yeah just found them and was about to delete this. cheers
  19. modified car insurance

Who was the chap on here that does good prices on modified car insurance? Can't seem to find him on search. Got a good price with adrian flux, but shopping around.
  20. Want a louder exhaust system, any recommendations?

Seems the cobras are quite good then. If anyone knows of anyone selling a non resonated one give me a shout! Cheers
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.