Search results

1. dangel

Oh my god its dead

Ah bollocks mate - sorry to hear about this one. I'll have to pop over and nick parts of it now ;) Main thing is you're alright and you've got three other cars to play with (lol). Hey, I could sell you my car? :) It's not like i'm using it haha
  2. dangel

What are the better seats, Cupra R cloth or Cupra full leather??

Another vote for full leather - mine are heated for the winter and the climate takes care of them in the summer. I find them very comfortable (I suffer with a bad back so good support is vital) and I do like that leather smell.. mmm.. ;)
  3. dangel

New cupra in Auto express

Perhaps i'm just too old for schoolyard spats - and why on earth bother doing that? :shrug: Pathetic. Perhaps it's just that I spend too much time driving in my "sensible" car and not enough hooning around in the Leon lol.
  4. dangel

Well - personally - I bought mine because it was cracking good value for money at the time and driven against it's rivals it was the better choice for me. Is there any other way to choose one car over another? The Golf was a bit dull in MKIV mode by comparison and quite a few K more than the...
  5. dangel

Well, Mark, if you look back through my (exhaustive? lol I'm hardly on here these days..) posts you'll note i've never said anything to the contrary - and as much could be infered from your own posts on the subject. Chill.
  6. dangel

I quite agree and i'm sure journos are far from impartial quite a bit of the time. As I said, i'll be driving it and making up my own mind but really my point was that at the projected price (just shy of 20k) it's got some stiff competition - some people don't want to hear that :whistle:
  7. dangel

:lol: Still wearing them then: Still everyone's entitled to their opinion, along as it agrees with your own, right?
  8. dangel

" And, yes, although we’re sure the marketing bods could tell us it’s n per cent better value than most of them, the bottom line is that it’s nineteen-and-a-half grand. That’ll buy a Focus, Megane or Astra, and is only about £800 less than the starting price of a Golf. Is the Golf worth that...
  9. dangel

Whats your MPG like in any LC or LCR???

38 max, 32-34 typical tho.
  10. dangel

Cupra/FR Visuals (again)

Their new (I think) design director has basically acknowledged their mistake in styling too many cars alike this time round. I guess it's not _just_ a SEAT thing - VW do it with the polo and golf and you could argue it's all about corporate 'image' etc but the sheer proliferation of the same...
  11. dangel

Cupra/FR Visuals (again)

I see where you're coming from - but remember the Cupra is a replacement for the LCR this time round - so whilst the FR can get away with looking much like the rest of the range (which fits with your analogy) the Cupra can't (and shouldn't) especially with a rather hefty pricetag expected. SEAT...
  12. dangel

New Leon Cupra , I changed my mind now i've seen it for real

I'm drawn to things that 'look a bit different' but i get what you're saying - I think the big success of the LCR was down to how in balanced sporty with staid looks-wise but then again, the interior didn't strike me as particularly subtle. The civic certainly couldn't be considered dull this...
  13. dangel

Beats paella for building Leons (well, so long as it's not summer cos they all feck off for 3 months leaving your car on the production line - i'm not bitter, honest) and i'll warrant they're built a darn sight better too. As for the new Cupra I wish they'd spent some cash on the interior...
  14. dangel

Well let's hope they're not as drastic as SEAT's accountants then..
  15. dangel

Cupra to Cupra R

Mines quite the opposite - it's a very smooth map (although you will get a 'jerk' on liftoff with any turbo car if it's pushing full boost at the time) and certainly quicker than a non-mapped R. I guess your old cupra was pulling about 210 being pre facelift then? KO3s cupras push 230+...
  16. dangel

Is my LCR 210 as fast as it should be?

A chipped cupra can be quite a bit more than 210bhp (230 is typical) and they weigh slightly less too - so yes, they should be quicker (bar the top end). Stock LCRs feel pretty sluggish to me, but it's worth remembering that the 20VT engine never really shines until it's chipped on either car...
  17. dangel

Cupra to Cupra R

What map were you running on your old car? It really ought not to of been on/off switch as you say!
  18. dangel

Very disapointed

The 03 Cupra/FR had a new bodykit versus the year before and this was before the LCR came out..
  19. dangel

LCR Tyres - Recommendation?

A nod for dunlop from me... Always been very happy on mine.
  20. dangel

Performance of leon cupra 03

Remapped Cupra versus stock cupra R - hands down the cupra wins - more power, less weight (been there done that). Remapped R destroys it (at the top end in particular) no shocker. Both cars suffer from heatsoak due to side intercoolers - R has an extra one on the other side but it's all...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.