Search results

1. TheE46Dream

Intermittent starting urgent help please!

I forgot to mention I've already tried replacing the wiper relay number 377 already, still no fix!
  2. TheE46Dream

Sorry for late reply I'm off now for Christmas so time to get this sorted! So for starters I'm going to list every single problem I have with the car as of now to see if things correlate and if you can make sense of it or not. 1. Dash lights feintly lit when key is removed from car. 2. Startup...
  3. TheE46Dream

UPDATE: Jump started the car and it started, let it run for a bit and took out battery to put on charge for the night. I've been reading a thread where a guy said a bad window switch caused the dash lights to flicker etc. I recently had fogs wired in and its possible that the guy had the door...
  4. TheE46Dream

Hey guys recently my car has been acting up it first started when I was in work, had been driving fine up to this. It started no problem at small break but when big break came around it wouldn't start. I had to get 2 friends to help me. At first we thought it was the starter motor so I replaced...
  5. TheE46Dream

Sqeaky fan belt & start up noise

Also while I have a thread open I've been having an issue with my windscreen wipers, they're constantly going no matter what setting I put them on, when they're in the off position they go fast and the next 3 stages work as normal. Have checked fuse and changed wiper relay neither has solved the...
  6. TheE46Dream

Yeah it's been squealing consistently lately every time on start up. As for the cambelt I'm not sure when it was last changed I'll have to take the cover off and have a look around for a mileage when it was last done. The belt I assumed the noise is coming from is the Auxiliary belt or the...
  7. TheE46Dream

Yeah as far as I know It does it on cold and warm starts I'll have to make sure and check. Yeah I mean the auxiliary belt. This morning the sound is gone as of now, the WD40 probably had something to do with this. The car is a 1.4 mk1 leon so it doesnt have AC, at least mine doesnt.
  8. TheE46Dream

Hey guys, recently my car has developed some strange noises which are coming from the fan belt, its squeaking when driving and ever so slightly when ticking over and from what I can hear its coming from the fan belt. Sprayed some WD40 on it but only made it louder (probably sprayed too much...
  9. TheE46Dream

ABS sensor wire

Hey guys, got an abs light on my dash this morning so took off the front 2 wheels to have a look at the sensors or the connector (see picture below). Passenger side wire is torn through the wire causing my abs light to come on and it kicks in when I brake at slow speeds sometimes. What most...
  10. TheE46Dream

Fog light problem

Yeah I'm getting them wired in the way they should be next week.
  11. TheE46Dream

Fog light problem

Could you tell me how the original fogs work, do the rear fogs and front fogs come on together? Or can you control which one you want
  12. TheE46Dream

Fog light problem

So I brought it to an auto electrician and he said the job was wired badly by the looks of it and he said it would take a good bit of work to wire them in factory style and it would have to be reprogrammed for fogs? Can anybody clear this up for me, is it straight forward to wire them in the way...
  13. TheE46Dream

Fog light problem

I had the switch and everything ready to go but when I arrived to pick the car up he told me he wired it in that way which is what I wasn't expecting. I was expecting them to be done the way they would be from factory but obviously not. The switch I had got from the scrapyard was faulty so he...
  14. TheE46Dream

Fog light problem

Hey guys, I went to change my fog light bulbs earlier to LED, went to turn on fogs and they dont work. Tried switching around the bulb connections but still nothing. I then went back to install the original bulbs and only one is working now. I recently got fogs wired in and the guy who wired...
  15. TheE46Dream

Coilover rubbing

Exactly yeah. Is that what rolling the arches would flatten in?
  16. TheE46Dream

Coilover rubbing

Yeah I figured as much. So I'm kind of stuck at the minute I like where the arch sits over the wheel on the rear its a nice tuck but in order to fit my front coilovers I need to use at least a 10mm spacer to clear the tyre rubbing the spring. So if I use a 10mm on the front I'm going to have to...
  17. TheE46Dream

Coilover rubbing

I'm wondering will it be really noticeable if I use a 10mm spacer on the front and none on the back?
  18. TheE46Dream

us style drl

Yeah that is true especially for the Leon but on the golf mk5 the turn signal seems to be in a better position to run us lights. I actually seen the us lights on a Leon on google images and its much more noticable than the golf so probably more dangerous.
  19. TheE46Dream

Coilover rubbing

I do I want to space the rear out but keep the slight tuck of the arch over the wheel. If I space it out 15mm however it will probably rub the arch. I'm looking for a wide but tucked look but thats probably not possible without rolling the arches and what not.
  20. TheE46Dream

Coilover rubbing

Thanks for quick reply. I like the way the rear sits now it has a nice tuck, ideally I want to keep the tuck on the rear so will 15mm on the rear keep the tuck but rub the arch or how much room do I have to play with? 10mm on the front will be fine as long as it stops the tyre rubbing the coilover
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.