Search results

1. Turbo actuator

I'm about to be staring down the same barrel I believe, I've had an intermittent turbo actuator fault for a little while. Have you had any further joy with finding out if it's a repairable part rather than a full replacement?
  2. 2014 Leon FR 1.4 - EDC light, reduction in power + start/stop error

I haven't ,something to look at trying when I get the car back later this morning though. I was expecting them to have diagnosed the actual problem by this point!
  3. 2014 Leon FR 1.4 - EDC light, reduction in power + start/stop error

Yeah, I was a bit miffed that the £90 diagnostic I paid for basically told me the same as what my OBD11 adapter did. I need to go and collect the car in the morning anyway so I'll speak to them then and find out what they actually have and haven't done, because it doesn't sound like the...
  4. 2014 Leon FR 1.4 - EDC light, reduction in power + start/stop error

Hi again all, apologies for going silent, wasn't able to get this dealt with at the time but it's been in for a service and diagnostic at SEAT (Arnold Clark) today. They've found essentially the same thing I did with my OBD11, a fault code showing for the Charge pressure actuator. They're...
  5. Body Styling for an FR

Even worse when one of the super-Eco models from a few years back got the same rear spoiler as the Cupra. :blink:
  6. The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

More likely just a cost-saving move, plenty of other new cars (even from the VAG brands) have reverse LEDs. Easy enough to replace yourself anyway.
  7. 2014 Leon FR 1.4 - EDC light, reduction in power + start/stop error

Thanks, useful thread there. A five-figure bill would not be ideal right now, here's hoping it's just the actuator. Got it booked in for Wednesday so will found out more then.
  8. 2014 Leon FR 1.4 - EDC light, reduction in power + start/stop error

Hi all, 2014 Leon FR 1.4 TFSI owner here, looking for some knowledge/advice. A few weeks ago I had the "Error: Start/stop system" message appear along with the EDC light (and the orange engine symbol). The car still performed the same as it usually does, only wouldn't start/stop at idle. It did...
  9. The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

No problem! I've had that one for about a year and it's been great, much better than the bulb I bought off eBay before it which eventually failed. Very, there's a small flap on the inside of the boot hatch door, and then you just have to release a few clips to get the bulb holder unit out...
  10. The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

I use this one: https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/382-twenty20-cree-led-12v-p21w-canbus-bayonet-bulb.html
  11. The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

No such issues with mine, they turn completely off and fade up and down consistently the way they should. :)
  12. Windscreen frozen on the inside..

Happens on mine too. Getting some moisture absorption packs from Amazon, eBay etc can help, just remember to take them indoors with you from time to time otherwise the moisture will just stay in the car. I just chuck them on top of the dash and they do reduce the amount condensation/ice that...
  13. Key battery prompt

Mine has been telling me to replace the battery for at least a year, yet still works fine from long distances so it obviously isn't as low as it thinks!
  14. The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

I bought the following when I changed mine over in April 2017: 3x pairs, so 6 units in total - https://www.horizonleds.co.uk/t10-501-w5w-canbus-5-led 1x pair - https://www.horizonleds.co.uk/festoon-canbus-36mm-led?search=FESTOON-36MM-CB The T10s fit the two overhead map lights, the footwell...
  15. Front led indicator

Wrong. 2014 FR here with LED headlights, and it has LED front indicators. There are no models with LED headlights but halogen indicator bulbs.
  16. Reversing bulb option please.

I bought mine from AutoBulbsDirect: https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/382-twenty20-cree-led-12v-p21w-canbus-bayonet-bulb.html On offer for £12.75 at the moment too, which is a decent price. I paid similar for one off eBay the first time round and it failed within a year. The ABD one is much...
  17. Avoid Horizon LEDs if you want to receive anything ordered

I bought a load of interior LEDs for my Leon in May last year and had no problems, it's a shame they seem to have declined since then though, their product range was pretty good.
  18. What LED bulbs are fitted to 2018 leon ?

I got my LED reverse bulb from AutoBulbsDirect, they're not cheap but it's very bright and produces a nice clean, white light. Far better than the eBay one I had before which started flickering after a while. Realistically as long as you get a decent one, one bulb is enough.
  19. 2018 rear light's retrofit

Cheaper and easier to replace the rear fog, reverse and indicators with decent LED bulbs if that's what you're after.
  20. Rear DRL

Nah, don't like that, flashing rear reds are for emergency vehicles. At least with some decent LED indicator bulbs you get the more modern look whilst staying on the right side of the law and not confusing other road users.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.