Search results

1. cosmichamster

DIY Servicing

Hi folks, Wondered if anyone had a write up or there was a post for DIY servicing, in particular Mk2 Alhambra TDI. I know there's the manual and guides & check lists online. Our local mechanic has retired and was keen to do a service myself. My brother in law let his Mk2 Fabia sit for months...
  2. cosmichamster

Integrated booster part, clips and intake cover

No problem will do. Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  3. cosmichamster

Integrated booster part, clips and intake cover

Hi, Could I check a few items if they’re available for a 2012 Alhambra. Part of the integrated booster seat has broken off, would you have: 1J0887103 - Press button with trim. Also after: 1K0805965J - Intake cover. Finally from the picture attached, unfortunately don’t have part number, it’s...
  4. cosmichamster

Alhambra 2.0 TDI tapping sound, no start, fuel issue?

Hi folks, Have a 2012 Alhambra 2.0 TDI 170. Had a few issues when bought at the start of the year but covered by dealer, AdBlue and EGR I believe. Everything was running great and was about to book a service when the reminder popped up, then it started a tapping, maybe like a hydraulic type...
  5. cosmichamster

Tow Bar Fitting

I’m in NI and used a company called fastfitz, though they appear to be throughout uk as a franchise. They may have one near you. They can come to home/work for fitting Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  6. cosmichamster

Beep/tweet type pulse noise from boot

Hi folks, I have a 2012 Alhambra 2.0 TDI. All of a sudden today after getting home from a 30min drive I heard a low beep/tweet/pulse noise, it’s roughly every 5-6 seconds and hasn’t stopped. It’s like a beep and then fades out a bit. I think from searching it’s coming from the boot, maybe...
  7. cosmichamster

2017 Alhambra Interior light upgrade

What colour did you go for Joe? Just picked up an Alhambra after being away from SEAT for a while and would be keen to upgrade the internal lights. I have the lighter interior so thinking of sticking to white Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  8. cosmichamster

White smoke and code 16688 issue

Well to save a bit I stuck a bottle of stop smoke in and it seems to have done the trick for now. Also changed the plugs and one HT lead and running like a dream! Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
  9. cosmichamster

Sorry forgot to add about 2 weeks ago the TCS light came on the dash and the engine light also which flashed intermittently. The car seemed sluggish as if in some sort of limp mode and very jumpy or chuggy. I rescanned but no further faults and the lights went out after a day or 2 and haven't...
  10. cosmichamster

Mk3 toledo error 16688 and white smoke

Hi folks, After some advice regarding mk3 toledo issue. It's a 2005 1.6 petrol. (Big ass model!). There's a fault showing on vcds lite, 16688 - cylinder 4 - misfire. There's also a bit of white smoke if you plant it in 1st or 2nd. Initially with the smoke I checked coolant for a leak but...
  11. cosmichamster

Hi folks, After some advice regarding mk3 toledo issue. It's a 2005 1.6 petrol. (Big ass model!). There's a fault showing on vcds lite, 16688 - cylinder 4 - misfire. There's also a bit of white smoke if you plant it in 1st or 2nd. Initially with the smoke I checked coolant for a leak but...
  12. cosmichamster

Mk3 toledo possible purchase

Hi folks, Just curious if anyone has a few pointers for things to look for on a used toledo? Can't really find a what to look for guide probably because there's no that many of the cars about. It's a 05 1.6 stylance with 110,000. We used to have an altea xl 1.9tdi and the head went so being a...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members