Search results

1. cosmichamster

DIY Servicing

Hi folks, Wondered if anyone had a write up or there was a post for DIY servicing, in particular Mk2 Alhambra TDI. I know there's the manual and guides & check lists online. Our local mechanic has retired and was keen to do a service myself. My brother in law let his Mk2 Fabia sit for months...
  2. cosmichamster

Integrated booster part, clips and intake cover

Hi, Could I check a few items if they’re available for a 2012 Alhambra. Part of the integrated booster seat has broken off, would you have: 1J0887103 - Press button with trim. Also after: 1K0805965J - Intake cover. Finally from the picture attached, unfortunately don’t have part number, it’s...
  3. cosmichamster

Alhambra 2.0 TDI tapping sound, no start, fuel issue?

Hi folks, Have a 2012 Alhambra 2.0 TDI 170. Had a few issues when bought at the start of the year but covered by dealer, AdBlue and EGR I believe. Everything was running great and was about to book a service when the reminder popped up, then it started a tapping, maybe like a hydraulic type...
  4. cosmichamster

Beep/tweet type pulse noise from boot

Hi folks, I have a 2012 Alhambra 2.0 TDI. All of a sudden today after getting home from a 30min drive I heard a low beep/tweet/pulse noise, it’s roughly every 5-6 seconds and hasn’t stopped. It’s like a beep and then fades out a bit. I think from searching it’s coming from the boot, maybe...
  5. cosmichamster

Mk3 toledo error 16688 and white smoke

Hi folks, After some advice regarding mk3 toledo issue. It's a 2005 1.6 petrol. (Big ass model!). There's a fault showing on vcds lite, 16688 - cylinder 4 - misfire. There's also a bit of white smoke if you plant it in 1st or 2nd. Initially with the smoke I checked coolant for a leak but...
  6. cosmichamster

White smoke and code 16688 issue

Hi folks, After some advice regarding mk3 toledo issue. It's a 2005 1.6 petrol. (Big ass model!). There's a fault showing on vcds lite, 16688 - cylinder 4 - misfire. There's also a bit of white smoke if you plant it in 1st or 2nd. Initially with the smoke I checked coolant for a leak but...
  7. cosmichamster

Mk3 toledo possible purchase

Hi folks, Just curious if anyone has a few pointers for things to look for on a used toledo? Can't really find a what to look for guide probably because there's no that many of the cars about. It's a 05 1.6 stylance with 110,000. We used to have an altea xl 1.9tdi and the head went so being a...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members