Search results

1. garyhdrums

4th Gear Being A Bellend

Have ye got a link to the one you got so I can have a look. Cheers Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
  2. garyhdrums

4th Gear Being A Bellend

If you get any joy from it let me know n I'll try it also. I've been told it could be the gear stick itself. I was told that it's caused by "Rally Syndrome" where shifting fast causes something to go out of place. That's what I was told anyway, True in a way cus I was overtaking an old cow in a...
  3. garyhdrums

4th Gear Being A Bellend

As the title says I'm having issues with 4th. The only way I can describe it is to say when I slot the gear stick into 4th there's no click/satisfaction/purchase if ye get what I mean. Which results in sometimes lifiting up the clutch and getting grinding as if I'm not in 4th on the other hand...
  4. garyhdrums

Anyone Got These Alloys In Black?

Does anyone have these painfully sore on the eyes alloys and has painted them black so I can get an idea if it's worth getting them powder coated black to save me from buying new alloys? Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
  5. garyhdrums

Need Idea's

That's number 1 on the list. Did that with my mk2 improved it massively. Time to wrestle with vinyl wrap haha Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
  6. garyhdrums

Need Idea's

Thanks for the ideas! Gunna get a front lip and rear wing put on eventually. Possibly wrap the wing mirrors black and behind the regy. Should smarten it up. Unfortunately my alloys are the absolutely rank 17" 5 spokes. So new alloys will be on the agenda as well. Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
  7. garyhdrums

Need Idea's

Does anyone have a silver FR or Cupra with pictures that's done any exterior mods or anything cosmetic like wrapping or paint to the exterior to improve the looks. When I got mine back in April I went from a white FR mk2 to a silver FR mk3, I knocked back a white FR mk3 for the silver and its...
  8. garyhdrums

New Mk3 FR

Thanks mate! Car looks amazin, I was looking for a blue but settled for silver, Hopefully gunna get the front wrapped possibly the rear as well. Might get the mirrors done too. Then get the alloys powder coated black. Cheers for the link Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
  9. garyhdrums

New Mk3 FR

Had a Mk2 FR for two years and it was superb but as values go down I got an opportunity for a 15 Plate Mk3 FR 184 and its a belter for the money. As I get used to the mk3 I'm on the look for a rear spoiler and if anyone has vinyl wrapped or painted the front panel behind the regy and the bottom...
  10. garyhdrums

Suspension

True, i'll upload some later Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
  11. garyhdrums

Suspension

Just back from a drive, Round a corner earlier at 40 ish not a sharp corner and then it felt like I had a puncture so pulled over no puncture, drive home and it strange the whole way, could be in my head. Checked my suspension. Passengers side shock/spring arm goes from the hub straight up to...
  12. garyhdrums

Is no one going to mention the blue mk2 Cupra R in The Grand Tour?

It was pretty good, was hoping it would win, Driver error tho haha I'd have beat that bmw lol Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
  13. garyhdrums

Timing Belt Kit or Belt???

Thanks mate. Ive just been quoted £105 for timingbelt kit and water pump, heavily discounted. So it's just a case of finding a garage to do it. Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
  14. garyhdrums

2.0 tdi FR+ 170ps is my car. The belt I was getting was made by continental for £50 and the kit from continental for my car was £168 Although the first garage I phoned quoted £449 for belt change and waterpump. I'll be keeping the car probably another 2 years so worthwhile getting top of the...
  15. garyhdrums

Afternoon! Going to get my car a new belt fitted, However I've been told that I may only need the belt? For those of you who have had this done did you guys just get the belt changed or did the change the pully wheels as well? Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
  16. garyhdrums

Bluetooth module

Its usually under the drivers seat, However I have an RNS 510 in my 12 plate FR and the module is not there. My guess is in the head unit, most headunits have it built in these days. With mine being a 12 plate FR+ being the last update in the Mk2 Range I'd expect it to be built in. For older...
  17. garyhdrums

Timing Belt Change

Haha Arnold Shark, I'll be using that from now on. I've used them cos I've got the "free service mot package" they tried to tell me my 4 month old Uniroyal rainsports were 95% worn at the front, ye can still see the yellow and green lines that come on them brand new. Also said my exhaust...
  18. garyhdrums

Timing Belt Change

I'll have a look at them mate, May aswell get my suspension done at the same time. Used Arnold Clark for ma MOT, won't be doing that again Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
  19. garyhdrums

Timing Belt Change

Seen a few posts on here saying 60k or 4 years is when you change the timing belt, That being said I went through my manual and it says to change Timing Belt at 130k for CR TDI engines. I'm at 75ks just now Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
  20. garyhdrums

Coil Spring and Exhaust Bracket

I had asked my brother in law to do it seen as he's a mechanic and got a swift F off haha, so it must be a pain to fit. If I had the gear I'd try it myself, Gotta learn somehow Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.