Search results

1. Maria

FOR SALE Leon mk1 2002 wheels

Set of four very tatty but functional original Leon mk1 alloys With low mile mid-range tyres, still have 7-8mm tread and are sound all round Plus a set of lockers and key See pictures - it's not mud it's flaking! Perfect for a refurb or use while your own wheels are done up
  2. Maria

What do you think of this?

Ok I don't know about the Cupras I have a TDi 110 since June 2016, poor girl has been neglected abused and spent long periods of time off the road for whatever reason, and was on around 80k when I got hold of her - paid 1700 and basically forced the garage to throw in a cam belt and water pump...
  3. Maria

1.9TDI FR 150 Emissions Test MoT Fail Advice

Without looking, just talking about it and with your comments, I'm hopeful that's the problem. Thanks! I will check when I can.
  4. Maria

He's an independent old school guy who still uses a paper diary and charges to the nearest tenner and can't give you a price on anything until he's seen the car, not the type to have listed jobs that don't exist. He would rather spend an hour getting your horn or indicators working than throw...
  5. Maria

Interesting thought. The oil was changed when we lost it all on the road back in April thanks to a log and a fail-to-stop, so I was just going to change the filter, but that's an idea maybe. The rattle sounds for all the world like an exhaust heat shield come loose, or exhaust brackets, and...
  6. Maria

Yes Mk1 02 plate TDi SE 110 Work done: "Strip DPF filter and EGR valve both heavily (gave me a childish giggle with an extra C) COKED up Soak DPF in Exstream cleaner Using Exstream spray carry out induction clean through injectors Refit EGR and DPF Run and re-test emissions ok" So Rich T a...
  7. Maria

I have a question ... car failed the emissions badly, the only reason I find this odd is that she has been smoking on cold start for 2 years but passed the previous 2 MOTs with flying colours. Anyway - EGR valve and DPF cleaned up and she has her ticket, but still smokes just the same on cold...
  8. Maria

Mine is with the test centre at the moment, always always warm up and clear out any diesel before the MOT!
  9. Maria

WF04WPN Black Leon Cupra TDI

Why on earth would you want to go back to petrol? Having the 1.9TDi and the 1.6 in the family now I see the comparison direct - same insurance, tax nearly double and fuel doing barely 3/4 of the miles, and really really sluggish.
  10. Maria

what have you done to your car today ?

Went for MOT Garage man rang to ask if I was aware we had 3 months of covid extension to run Said yes but given age, recent argument with log and miles we do me no happy about 18 month MOT and would like car looked at now please 15 months Garage man said no time to do anything this week if it...
  11. Maria

What do we all do for jobs

I've made a career of career changes and am now one of the most overqualified part time warehouse cleaners you'll ever meet. From my point of view though I'm just one last promotion away from my lifetime ambition to be a housewife. Some really interesting jobs some of you guys have!
  12. Maria

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch I've never paid more than 1700 for a whole car!
  13. Maria

I wouldn't bet on it, says the voice of bitter experience a grand out of pocket!
  14. Maria

I never knew that, thank you. Well I did know they would eventually fall off because I met someone it happened to, he said as they usually did just coming off the motorway, But as he was 300 yards form home he claims he reversed, leaving the score marks in the tarmac. We drove half way to...
  15. Maria

Oh I thought they were kingpins, what's the difference? Agreed on the oil. I could drive from Bristol to Hammersmith where I had to park up, leave it for the day to cool, then fill it back up again to go home. 1300 estate in that tasteful "sandglow beige" and kept popping the head gasket...
  16. Maria

Ah everything else mentioned so far except the cross-plys. I don't remember cranking handles or pop-out indicators either. I guess you could figure out someone's age by what they remember! Manic do you mean the Citroen suspension with those spheres?
  17. Maria

Remember the Thank you :) Remember SU carbs with the dashpot? And Marinas with seized kingpins? Happy days eh
  18. Maria

Broken Clutch Pedal + Other causes of a stiff clutch pedal besides worn clutch

Is that for some titanium or gold plated clutch? The LUK in my 1.6 was 500 fitted including a load of issues with some rod being worn too short and a bearing exploded. Must admit I didn't understand a word this guy was explaining about this rod being short and it being the weirdest clutch...
  19. Maria

Feeling pleased with myself on the 1.6. Got into the door, got the trim panel and inner panel off nicely. Untangled the window cable birds nest and figured out where everything was supposed to go, worked out how to rethread the cables if need be and identified one broken plastic bracket and...
  20. Maria

BREAKING leon cupra r track car

Just messaged you thank you
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members