Search results

1. Maria

FOR SALE Leon mk1 2002 wheels

Set of four very tatty but functional original Leon mk1 alloys With low mile mid-range tyres, still have 7-8mm tread and are sound all round Plus a set of lockers and key See pictures - it's not mud it's flaking! Perfect for a refurb or use while your own wheels are done up
  2. Maria

Seat Leon mk1 TDi SUMP

Ordered the wrong one and it seems a faff to spend half the refund on postage back to Germany so ... Bought for 2002 TDi 110 please note this is the one WITHOUT bore for oil level sensor (that's why it's the wrong one and up for sale) Ridex oil sump brand new, part number 59200002 for engine...
  3. Maria

Gearbox and power steering - coincidence or what's the link?

Really really weird thing just happened with BOTH my Leons. Both getting difficult to change gear for different reasons, the diesel just needed adjusting and the petrol had a new clutch. The petrol was originally bought for spares but had to be put on the road, long story, had been stood since...
  4. Maria

Air con ideas please

Air con has never worked in the 4 years I've had the car, but now I need it fixed. Had a man come out who checked it for gas and said the level is fine, so it does not need re-gassing. The control panel unit has been changed (for unrelated reasons) and it didn't work before and doesn't work...
  5. Maria

Clutch problems

My petrol 1.6 is currently in hospital for a new clutch, but the doctor left a message I don't quite understand. Says something about the slave cylinder arrangement being odd with a rod through that presses the bearing forward which presses the clutch and something has gone meaning that the...
  6. Maria

Who looks after your car

Just out of interest as I just found that unicorn of the car maintenance and repair world, a little independent garage run by a 75 year old guy with 2 mechanics tucked away in a back street for the last 49 years, who doesn't do card payments, charges reasonable rates, doesn't like to quote until...
  7. Maria

Locked out of my car!

Morning all, looking for help getting into my car. It would seem the battery's gone flat, the remote won't work at all but I believe this is the car battery not the remote battery - and the key just turns in the lock and does nothing. It's very strange if the battery's gone flat anyway as it's...
  8. Maria

One wheel wanted

So the steel spare can't go on because the studs are too long, and I'm hoping to complete my set of 5. Does anyone have one of these? In Bristol but will travel within reason.
  9. Maria

Gearbox trouble

For various complicated reasons I've left this issue longer than I should, mostly because of pets bankrupting me just when I've had to take a massive pay cut, but we are where we are. 2002 Leon TDi SE - first reverse became tricky, then first, then third - second isn't too bad but yesterday I...
  10. Maria

Cabin fan or vent pipes off

Hi folks, I'm back with my stupid questions after a long while. Mk1 TDi SE -cabin fan started making a blowing noise but nothing coming out of the vents. With all this rain I ended up stranded tonight barely a mile from home for an hour just because I could not get it to demist at all, until a...
  11. Maria

Ignition barrel switch rod ...

Hi all, Looking to ID a part so I can make sure I'm looking for the right thing! What's snapped is the rod from the ignition barrel to the ignition switch. Please tell me I don't have to replace the whole barrel just for a silly little metal bar? What exactly is the part I need? Many...
  12. Maria

Gearbox spring?

Hi all, my 5 speed TDi SE seems to have lost the spring in the gearstick. This morning I thought 3rd was a bit fiddly to get into then realised when I take it out of gear (any gear) the stick doesn't spring back to the middle of neutral (directly down from 3rd) but stays slightly to one side...
  13. Maria

What else is affected by a dying battery?

Hi peeps, Really weird question: The battery I bought the car with was getting a bit tired once the colder weather set in, not surprising as MOT records suggest the car was standing for 18 months or so before I bought it last June. I got a new battery last week and obviously that's that...
  14. Maria

What oil?

Hi folks, What grade oil would you recommend for a 90,000 mile 1.9TDi ? The recommended 5W30 seems a bit thin to me so any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  15. Maria

Toe angle setting

Greetings all, another daft question from a new Leon owner. Toe setting According to my tyre place (which is an independent old-school establishment, the sort where your wheel nuts get done up by hand to the correct torque setting) the toe angle for a Leon is zero. Is this correct? I've...
  16. Maria

MPG - a piece of string

Hi all, Happy new owner of a SE TDi 110 with a question on MPG. I know the true answer is how long's a piece of string but here goes. I bought the car 2 weeks ago with a brand new MOT and two advisories - slight exhaust leak, and misting from the front shocks. As I've learned the hard...
  17. Maria

Hello at last!

Hello everyone, At last I'm the proud and very happy owner of a 2002 Leon TDi, not the FR I always dreamed of but the more sensible SE, and my first car made this century! It's a mid-life crisis at my level :D We've already done over 1000 miles in the first 10 days, and other than the...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.