Search results

1. Leon 170 BNM DPF issues

Hi, I’m having a bit of trouble getting hold of someone with vcds who knows about dpf. I’ve been told that there’s a local garage close by who has vcds, so my plan is to try them for a detailed dpf scan in the week. I’ve checked my air filter, seems OK but I’ve not tested the entire intake for...
  2. Leon 170 BNM DPF issues

Hi all, I'm having a bit of a nightmare with the DPF in my Leon. Recently it started a regeneration more and more frequently and some of the times the light would come on. Last few times it did it, it went into limp mode (flashing coil) but I managed to get it going again by carrying on...
  3. Misting car

Hi cupra_aaah, I've not really had an issue with it up until this morning. I put it down to the fact I'd not used the car in a few days. I've not had the aircon regassed - it's working fine whenever I test it (over 5c). I did dry out the boot carpet, perhaps that had something to do...
  4. Misting car

I hope not. I had it re-gassed on 24/12/2016.
  5. Misting car

I usually stick the controls on auto with AC on constantly. Some times it will stay clear but yesterday and today it has misted up and I've had to put the blowers on the windscreen to clear it. Perhaps I need to check the wiring behind the controls.
  6. Misting car

All my carpets are bone dry and I recently changed my pollen filter with a genuine VW one. Maybe it's something as simple as a defective filter?
  7. Misting car

I've got a pre-facelift MK2 FR which this year has caused me a lot of grief with all windows misting up. It doesn't matter what I put on them (rainX, autoglym polish, nothing) they still mist up by the end of the day and first thing in the morning (I've even got a dehumidifier thing in there)...
  8. Facelift climate control on a Pre-Facelift

Fixed it. Block A - Remove Pin 20 and tape it up - Put Pin 16 in Pin 20's place. Block B - Remove Pin 7 and tape it up. - Put Pin 6 into Pin 7's place. Block C - Remove Pins 9 and 10 and tape them up. - Put Pin 7 into Pin 10's place and Pin 8 into Pin 9's place. Then turn ignition on and...
  9. Facelift climate control on a Pre-Facelift

https://youtu.be/nR1SmlTocD0
  10. Facelift climate control on a Pre-Facelift

I read somewhere that if the air recirculation button doesn't work I need to change the pins around on blocks C and B. Now my air recirculation kills all fans.
  11. Facelift climate control on a Pre-Facelift

I've made a video which I'll link as soon as it has uploaded... work wifi :sigh:
  12. Facelift climate control on a Pre-Facelift

hi rusty. Changing the fan speeds doesn't change anything. If I switch AC off I get instant air and if I switch it back on I get air at that speed for about 20-30 seconds and then it slowly stops. I can just hear the motor going but no air.
  13. Facelift climate control on a Pre-Facelift

Hi, I've just put a facelift climate control in my 2006 FR. I removed pin 20 from Block A and put pin 16 in it's place as stated on another post. It works, blows air etc but as soon as I put AC on it blows air for about 30 seconds and then it slowly dips off until nothing is coming out the...
  14. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Oh, and activated boot pop. Octavia struts and sirocco boot mounts on the way :)
  15. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Replaced and bled the clutch/brake fluid. Gave her a nice wash and polish in my lunch hour! :)
  16. Alarm going off - help!

I had a problem on my FR where the alarm kept going off. It started becoming more frequent so I stood next to the car to see what was happening. I noticed that on the MFD it was displaying the passenger door opening & the interior light was coming on; checked the door and it was actually...
  17. Clutch advise

Hello everybody Looking at replacing the clutch in my PD170 (manual). I've found a kit on eBay which states "FR" - it states it fits the 140 and 170 models but I've also found a kit specifically for the 170 model on darkside. Could anyone confirm whether there are actually any differences...
  18. RH speakers stopped working

Thanks for the reply. Turns out my aux cable wasn't fully in (doh!)
  19. RH speakers stopped working

Hi all, Got into my car this morning & turned on the radio... thought I'd gone deaf in my right ear! No sound coming out the front or rear speaker on one side. Likely to be a fuse? Is the fuse on the radio or elsewhere? Thanks in advance
  20. Alarm going nuts - passenger door open?

Looks like I've found the culprit: Body/convenience system Part #: 1K0959433BT Coding: 188000005283CC7F0006050560085F87107C00 (hex) Component: KSG PQ35 G2 Fault codes: 01135 Interior Monitoring Sensors I can easily source one (if it's the right bit) but can anyone tell me where it's located?