Search results

1. GFB DV+ Cupra 280 Problem

You can boxes of varying sizes of o-ring from any good tool place or eBay if there's nowhere local. You will almost definitely get one that fits in any of those boxes.
  2. 290 black edition seat covers

Not entirely helpful. But back when i was a young thing I used to go surfing. At the time i had an EP3 Civic type R. The seats were a very similar shape to those in the Cupra and i picked up a seat cover from magicseaweed.com Its not entirely helpful because i can't remember the make. It was...
  3. Why doesn't James May rate the Leon Cupra 280?

I just watches that episode at the weekend as well. Ages ago on the old Top Gear he did a review of a couple of hot hatches, one of which was a bright green Corsa VXR which boasted it had been developed on the Nurburgring and had the typical little ring map sticker on it. Typically, being a...
  4. Black ED 290 Seats

Nope.
  5. Cupra 280 Depreciation

If you are on finance then surely the GFV was stated before you signed the agreement? How have you been shafted? GFV can't be altered on your agreement once the contract is signed.
  6. Cupra 280 Depreciation

The market must be very different in Sweden (i note that's where you're from). In the UK your options are 1. lease a brand new cupra for around £6500 for 2 years 2. finance a brand new cupra paying roughly £15000 over 4 years and if you're very very lucky there might be £1000 equity at the...
  7. Cupra 280 Depreciation

I presume it's on PCP so it could be that there's no equity in the car at the end of the finance term. In which case it would probably have been better to lease as it a 2 year lease costs less than the OPs initial £7k deposit. OP, I was in a similar position with a BMW once. Can't remember the...
  8. DSG Paddle Extensions

So are the Cupra paddles different from the mk7 golf paddles? There was a guy selling some decent ones which were stuck and held with grub screws over on the VWR forum. I'd really like to do something about the paddles. They feel like they're made from cut up plastic cups. Absolute rubbish.
  9. Test drove an RS3

The 0-60 times of these haldex based 4wd cars is misleading with regards to their rolling performance. You do still get better traction than a fwd car accelerating from say 30mph but there's is increased weight and additional transmission loss. I would be willing to bet that the 300 St 4x4 will...
  10. 2017 Leon!!!

When running insurance quotes today I noticed that there was a cupra 300 4drive 3 door option as well as the previously discussed estate version. No 5dr listed.
  11. WTF it has an economic mode

I like to try it ever once in a while just to see what people who drive normal low powered cars have to suffer.
  12. For those unsure on the ST 290 exhaust

I wonder if it suffers the same setting glitch as the R then. In the R if you have the engine running and you select R mode the exhaust valves open. If you then turn the car off, next time you start it, it will still be in R mode but the valves will be shut. You have to reselect R to open...
  13. For those unsure on the ST 290 exhaust

I wonder if it suffers the same setting glitch as the R then. In the R if you have the engine running and you select R mode the exhaust valves open. If you then turn the car off, next time you start it, it will still be in R mode but the valves will be shut. You have to reselect R to open them...
  14. Black Edition wheels

The BE wheels make me glad that i got over my obsessive car cleaning habits. I now think of the dirt as a sort of protective layer.
  15. Any issues with car after delivery

Definitely agree they should be standard fit on the cupra. I wish theyd saved a few £ by having 18s instead of 19s as standard and spent the saved £s on sticking some skirts on the car.
  16. Any issues with car after delivery

Should have kicked his door in to give you enough space to open your door.
  17. Any issues with car after delivery

Lots of sporty cars have side skirts that hide it but just look at the sills of any cars you see parked up today and you'll notice the textured stonechip on most if not all without skirts. Check photos of mk2 mx5s. They had it half way up the rear wing. Despite this they still rotted inside out.
  18. Any issues with car after delivery

That's stone chip. It's a thick rubberised paint that gives that texture and you'll find it on the sills and underside of most cars. Without it the paint in this area will chip and pretty soon the sills would rot out. I think you'd struggle with a case of rejecting the car on the grounds of this.
  19. Any issues with car after delivery

Sills look normal to me. It's what sills look like when not covered with big plastic skirts. Wouldn't be happy with the seat back. Is there a polythene cover on them that's not been removed at PDI? I'd be contacting VWFS/dealer/lease co to make them aware.
  20. Build week for new Cupra 290's

The thing with the dsg and it's fart noise is that you have the choice. Set it in one of the non farting modes and you're fine. 2 years in a practically mute manual I relish having that choice.