Search results

1. Seat Leon mk3 st Thule set up

Is this still available? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Best tyres

Seems like a cracking deal. Thinking of pulling the trigger on a set of Michelin PSS for my 290 ST. Does anyone know of an alternative method of contacting Ben Patey than via Facebook?
  3. Cupra 280 Neuspeed Bush Insert review

Thanks for the link. Some interesting options on offer. Thinking hybrid too, as long as the installation process isn't too difficult for a novice like myself. Really keen to reduce the wheel-hop which is driving me potty. Look forward to hearing how you get on.
  4. Cupra 280 Neuspeed Bush Insert review

Couldn't find it on the official Powerflex website but found it here. There is also a black version I believe. http://www.nvmotorsport.com/shop/#!/MK7-MQB-Lower-Engine-Mount-Insert-Large-PFF85-83X/p/74104150/category=17753007
  5. Cupra 280 Neuspeed Bush Insert review

Unable to post any links [emoji53]
  6. Key mod

My previous keys had the silver cap on & tbh I never really took much notice of them. On collection day for my Cupra 290 I immediately noticed how bland the keys looked. Think I'll be doing the mod sooner rather than later.
  7. Cupra 280 Neuspeed Bush Insert review

Held back from purchasing the Neuspeed insert as I heard Powerflex were releasing an insert. However there are several variants & I don't have a clue which one to opt for. Anybody pulled the trigger on any of the Powerflex versions?
  8. Remap (I KNOW) Cupra 290

You won't regret it. Hopefully the roads will stay nice & dry so you can have a good run out.
  9. For those unsure on the ST 290 exhaust

I also had a look & there is definitely a silencer sitting just in front of the back box.
  10. Remap (I KNOW) Cupra 290

Currently running the preloaded Map 1 on 4.8 boost setting I believe. Yet to connect the data cable. Hopefully as a few more of us 280/290 owners begin experimenting & tweaking with Map 6 perhaps we can start posting what settings we're running. Hoping to pop over to NV Motorsports in a few...
  11. Remap (I KNOW) Cupra 290

My apologies, you are correct. What I meant to say was the guys at NV Motorsports have put their own custom Map 6 for the 280/290 on the JB1 rev1.
  12. Remap (I KNOW) Cupra 290

Doubt I'll be getting it on the dyno anytime soon. I did mash the peddle this evening on my way home. Roads were a little greasy, had the wheels spinning in first, second & a little in third. Wow, for a hearse this thing really gets going once you get the power down. Pleasantly surprised. Hoping...
  13. Remap (I KNOW) Cupra 290

installed the JB1 few days ago on my 290 ST having collected the car just over a week ago. I'm on a whopping 397 miles. Yet to really hammer it but will be intrigued to see what the car's capable of. Initial impressions based on normal mode is a little more go in lower revs & slightly sharper...
  14. For those unsure on the ST 290 exhaust

Sorry to say but 500 miles in (coming from a Golf R7 DSG & into a 290 ST DSG) the sound is not great. Not really getting any DSG farts on the upshifts or anything on the overrun. Guessing this is purely something that occurs on the 3 & 5 door variants that has their exhausts revised.
  15. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Thinking of doing the same thing on my 290 ST. Any clips?
  16. Remap (I KNOW) Cupra 290

If it's a JB1 shouldn't be any issues. As for the DTUK it would depend which box it is. The more recent boxes should be fine. Perhaps a software update with cupra 290 specific maps would be ideal. As for the old box (jumpers instead of push buttons) apparently only map3 would be suitable. I may...
  17. Cupra 280 Neuspeed Bush Insert review

Thank you both for your input. I'm thinking Neuspeed, but don't want to dismiss the 034 motorsport mount. Guess it is simply a matter of taste. Only one way to find out. At least it's not an expensive mod. Will hopefully pick one up via Vagtuner this weekend.
  18. Cupra 280 Neuspeed Bush Insert review

Recently received my 290 ST having previously had a Golf R7. I honestly enjoy the ride in the 290 better than on the R7. However, under acceleration the bang/wheel hop is ridiculous. Will eventually purchase some sticky tyres, but that won't be until the summer. In the meantime I want to...
  19. Josh's Leon ST Cupra 290

Hi Saw this thread prior to heading off to the dealership to have a nose around. Only gone & ordered one Was going for the hatchback 5 door, but pulled the trigger on the estate, hope I have made the right choice. Exhaust...how does it sound? Was torn as the hatchback had its exhaust...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise