Search results

1. Brake light saga continues I NEED HELP PLEASE

I changed the bulbs first then the brake switch with genuine parts twice and then started working on the wiring before getting to the ecu being the issue. Painful job but hey ho
  2. Brake light saga continues I NEED HELP PLEASE

Hiya. Sorry for the late reply. It’s been an absolute nightmare. Spoke to seat many times about this and after sending my ecu to a friend of a friend who doesn’t normally do vag work but did his time he managed to fix it. It was a signal issue from the switch under the bonnet on the master...
  3. change PAS Pump coding?

Mine went when I picked it up after someone went into the back of me. I was driving and it just went and I couldn’t turn. Was a fun experience. When I spoke to seat they said it’s a wear and tear item
  4. change PAS Pump coding?

Hiya, Is it only a Vagcom that can change PAS pump coding. I replaced my pump and it thinks its got the G250 sensor and not the G85 sensor so its still giving me the steering error on the dash. thanks
  5. VCDS and ECU query sussex

Hi all, Been a while since i posted on here. I had a load of issues with my ibiza and now i have some time to play about and get it running again. Does anyone know if you can swap the ECU from one to another? How much needs to be recoded? Is this something that can be done with a...
  6. electrical fault linked to battery or alternator?

I was waiting for something there too. I've not had a chance to get into the seat and have a look at it as I'm away working as usual.
  7. electrical fault linked to battery or alternator?

Thanks. I'll have a look at the coding. No I didn't see it come off the car unfortunately. Changed bulbs, switch, traced wiring.
  8. electrical fault linked to battery or alternator?

Hi guys. Thanks for the replies. The original fault was that it stopped working completely when my battery went flat. I ordered the second hand pump online from a vehicle that had apparently done 28k. It was a 1.4 16v sport from 2010 exactly the same as mine and I remember matching the part...
  9. electrical fault linked to battery or alternator?

It has a warning light that says ESP. It was a mk5 pump with the same part number as what i took off.
  10. electrical fault linked to battery or alternator?

Its not possible for the steering sensor to cause the brake lights to stay on is it? Surely not.
  11. electrical fault linked to battery or alternator?

Thanks for that both of you. @RUM4MO just deleted all of the errors and it removed the ESP and MIL light but the brake lights are still on. Started the car and the ESP and MIL light stayed off and did another diagnostic and strangely its not come back with anything else? Hmmm. 01-Engine --...
  12. Lots of faults.........Any idea?

Hi all, I have a few faults i need some help with. I'll give you a little intro............ Steering pump (hybrid unit) replaced and since then steering has felt lumpy and sometimes goes a little bit hard if i try and steer very quickly but OK if steering normally. Brake lights on...
  13. electrical fault linked to battery or alternator?

Hi all, some of you may know i have been having a right mare with my 1.4 sport. Below is SOME of the diagnostic info i have. Now the strange part is it being all electrical but i cant see an issue with any wiring. The background is that my power steering pump broke (electric/hybrid...
  14. Brake light saga continues I NEED HELP PLEASE

Then ran a second after clearing the faults and no faults were logged and all the warning lights disappeared from the dash but the brake lights remained on.
  15. Brake light saga continues I NEED HELP PLEASE

had a full scan this afternoon with the VCDS (or whatever its called) software. On the first full scan i got this- Address 01: Engine Labels: 03C-906-024-BXW.lbl Part No SW: 03C 906 024 BK HW: 03C 906 024 BK Component: BXW MM4HV 4119 Revision: --H11---...
  16. Brake light saga continues I NEED HELP PLEASE

Thanks Peter, i have a pretty good multimeter thankfully. Do you know of a wiring diagram for the BCM? What wire is what? I have not looked at the BCM yet, is it behind the fuse panel? thanks
  17. Brake light saga continues I NEED HELP PLEASE

Seems to be some sort of sensor or magnet on the bottom that picks up on movement in the master cylinder. There are no moving parts. It's better it's up underneath and stays there with the bolt and the plug goes into it. There is power going TO the plug constantly with the ignition on but I'm...
  18. Brake light saga continues I NEED HELP PLEASE

So i have been on and off looking at my brake light issue. The joys of sometimes working a 7 day week! I've had the rear lights out and checked all the bulbs but they are all good. I have not changed them for wrong ones or anything silly like that. The brake lights stay on all the time. If...
  19. wiring diagram

anyone got a wiring diagram for the mk5 2010? thanks
  20. wiring diagram

anyone got a wiring diagram for the mk5 2010? thanks