Search results

1. What does this pipe do?

Brilliant Rich, thanks I wonder if that is a hole or just where the connector fits Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. What does this pipe do?

Right hand side of a Cupra R. BAM engine, looks like a previous repair but what does it do and can I get a new one? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. Blacksmoke UK

Brilliant, no rush Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. Blacksmoke UK

I don’t suppose you have the standard map for the PD150 ARL do you? In a 1M Leon from 2005. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. Blacksmoke UK

Shame, the remapped ECU I bought for my 1M PD150 has been great. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. Blacksmoke UK

Bought an ECU from them couple of years back but can’t find them on the web anymore, have they stopped trading/changed? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  7. Roug idle at 1.100rpm

Glad your sorted out, can take a drive after throttle body alignment to get the ecu learning again. I’d still have a go at that busted stud if I were you! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  8. Roug idle at 1.100rpm

Sorry, sounds like I’m repeating, hadn’t loaded the whole thread [emoji38] Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. Roug idle at 1.100rpm

I haven’t had a 1.6 like yours, can you deal with the egr first? I think you have to tackle the broken stud/bolt. It will never seal otherwise. If you have a picture it will be easier to understand what snapped and where, might be able to suggest a proper fix, I’ve had plenty to deal with over...
  10. Roug idle at 1.100rpm

Same as Rich T be interested to know what it ran like before cleaning the throttle body and snapping a nut on the egr. It can take some mileage before it settles after a re alignment and even though it looks sealed it won’t be and the ecu is having trouble working e right mixture Sent from my...
  11. Roug idle at 1.100rpm

If you’ve only removed it for cleaning, Sounds like you need to perform throttle body alignment via VCDS or similar so that it can learn the positions again. Google VCDS throttle body alignment and have a look on the Ross tech info page. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  12. Pd130 stutter at 3k

Well it was a choice of fix it or scrap it, PD150 FR+ in platinum, too good to scrap so had not a lot to loose really. I’m a pretty good home mechanic, I only needed to get the camshaft locking kit but had everything else. Camshaft with bearings and followers Kit and other parts, gasket...
  13. Pd130 stutter at 3k

Had you thought about camshaft? I had similar rev issues which, after doing all the other good suggestions above, it turned our to be some holed followers and a couple of cam lobes 2mm less than they should be. I have to say mine was making odd wheezing noises through the air box. Good luck...
  14. Vagcom/vcds

Most people go for a VCDS clone cable and software. It is usually a much older version than the current Ross tech offering with no chance of it working if upgraded. If you are happy to take the chance on the eBay route with it working then it is a tool worth having. Older version for older car...
  15. Rear calliper BAM 2004 R Lucas

Glad you managed to get it, mostly, sorted. I’ve got plenty of pedal and bite, just not 100% happy with the sponge at the top. I’m waiting for the better weather then a full bleed of the entire system. VCDS has solved quite a few problems over the years, invaluable on these cars now given...
  16. What would you do?

It’s a classic in the making, best looking 5 door hatch ever imho Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  17. What would you do?

You’ve done a lot of the problem jobs so Sounds like you’re fine with the spannering, garage labour costs are likely the death of these cars so keep it and do it up over time. What’s the alternative, another one with 12 months mot on it? Could be worse than yours. Hopefully you can lay it up...
  18. Rear calliper BAM 2004 R Lucas

One thing I did invest in last year was a Sealey pressure bleeding tool, one man /woman job now and your sure there no up/down mis communication. Doing the MC was easier than I thought, had read it was a nightmare access to nipples but removing the charge pipe it was easy. I bought a VCDS...
  19. Rear calliper BAM 2004 R Lucas

I had bleed the master cylinder and the front callipers, it wasn’t until I ran through the abs pump bleed routine that I got any pedal firmness back. So if you have some pedal then it might be a normal bleed you need or maybe a fluid change? I can feel the abs releasing the brakes on the damp...
  20. Rear calliper BAM 2004 R Lucas

Good weather today, 2 degrees but no wind! Bleed the FR and FL together, 4 bleed nipples, and ran the abs bleed in VCDS. Plenty of old fluid and bubbles through the bleed tubes. Pedal feel is way better, still a tad spongey at the top? Maybe, or is it me used to sharp MK3 Cupra ST brakes...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise