Search results

1. Ronnie Bagel

Cupra 290 Lease - Servicing

Also depends if long-life service or not, which isn’t always obvious, hence me waiting for the service indicator to come on. Surely, the point of having a computer with an indicator is that you should follow that? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. Ronnie Bagel

Cupra 290 Lease - Servicing

That’s odd the computer is telling you over a month early and at 7500 miles. I got mine 30 Sept last year and the service indicator came on mid Oct and at 13500 miles. I just got it done when the service indicator told me, but in your case I’d do it bang on 12 months to make the lease deal work...
  3. Ronnie Bagel

Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

You’d have to speak to them, pal. Don’t shoot the messenger. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Ronnie Bagel

Can I suggest you call Midland VW? Took mine in for a service recently and they advised against any of the inserts, particularly the 034 one as they had a Leon in with a knackered gearbox due to the insert. They recommend a full mount replacement and they are VERY knowledgable chaps. Sent...
  5. Ronnie Bagel

Ha ha! I was trying to help him with his stress levels ;) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Ronnie Bagel

Think it's time you chopped it for a Golf R ;)
  7. Ronnie Bagel

Pcp deals

This is just lease, mate, but it's a cracking deal all the same. Not sure why you would risk a larger deposit and then, potentially, negative equity with a PCP. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Ronnie Bagel

which Leon would you choose 2.0tdi DSG 184 or 1.4tsi DSG 150

I'd nip and do a test drive mate. Think they will drive quite a bit differently and it will depend on which you prefer. The 184 will have loads more torque, but will peak earlier; the 150 will obviously be quieter, at least until you're revving the nuts off it [emoji6]....then there's the...
  9. Ronnie Bagel

motorway journeys from new

You're kraken me up now [emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Ronnie Bagel

Chill bro'...peace and love. [emoji8]. Have a nice weekend [emoji41] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Ronnie Bagel

Great to have a qualified lawyer on the forum [emoji849] Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  12. Ronnie Bagel

I just followed the handbook, boring as that might sound. Varied the revs up to 4K (still shifting in a Cupra) for, I think, the first 600 miles, then eased it up to 1,000 miles, increasing revs. Slightly more tricky varying the revs on a motorway, but don't just sit there at 4K for miles...
  13. Ronnie Bagel

Cupra DSG or Manual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Ronnie Bagel

How old are we Cupra owners?

There's one for sale on Car and Classic for £85,000.......gulp! A lot of cash for a fast Vauxhall. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. Ronnie Bagel

Lucky lad! Enjoy and stay out of trouble [emoji6] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Ronnie Bagel

New 1.8 or 3yr old cupra

I think you need to test drive the 1.8 and see if you're happy with it. Cupras are epic, but I've said before that the 1.8 would probably be perfectly quick enough for the everyday slog. A 3-year old Cupra will probably have had a hard life, too, as well as being out of manufacturer's warranty...
  17. Ronnie Bagel

51 with a mental age of a ten year old. Always loved the hot hatch. I had a brand new XR2i way back in 1990. That was a shockingly bad motor. Had some quirky motors since, as I like the less common stuff and that's why I went for the Cupra. The weirdest was a 1990 Citroen BX16v GTI. Made of...
  18. Ronnie Bagel

Sunglasses Holder

Don't you already have one under the right hand side of the steering column? Next to the light switch? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Ronnie Bagel

Finally bought a Cupra

+1 for smooth silver Hammerite. You don't need to prep much at all. You will see on the instructions that you can paint over rust, but just make sure it's as flat as possible. It's great stuff. Used it loads over the years. If you wanted the best 'factory' finish, you can get it in a spray...
  20. Ronnie Bagel

Finally bought a Cupra

That's the best and most appropriate response he's had! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.