Search results

1. Water ingress under the bonnet? Help!

First seen I think they guy was definitely being liberal with the truth Unless of course he has just started working there
  2. Water ingress under the bonnet? Help!

Where does it say in my info that the carpet and insulation isnt one piece ??? I said it sits directly on the floor in a passat B5.5 theres no Void under the mats/foam like a B6,B7 and Exeo please read my comments before making un educated replys And please even better than that try...
  3. Water ingress under the bonnet? Help!

Ah great a diy hobbler that thinks he is an expert who suffered 3 floods on 2 cars , didnt experience tell you anything ? B5.5 have different floor pans too B6 and B7s , the water as ive already said runs in the pollen filter and down the bulkhead steel work , it in turn goes directly to the...
  4. Seat exeo temperature

Nice quote from google and by the way (thats sarcasm) , you will be quoting wikipedia next :rofl: Cold weather it says and for long periods of time , 1. this country doesnt know what cold weather is . 2. whats a long period of time in relation to the cold weather ? The oil doesnt...
  5. Seat exeo temperature

Owners manual when written is for All european countries I have one exeo and 3 B7 A4s in my possesion right now all diesels and non of them are fitted with aux diesel heaters , which by the way when very rarely fitted are under the bonnet and not in the air ducts... Answer me this , How many...
  6. Water ingress under the bonnet? Help!

Have you ever stripped an a4 / exeo out If you had you would know the carpets and insulation dont get wet at all before the comfort control module gets soaked I give up here ive only been working on cars for a living for 30yrs and into audis etc for 20yrs So crack on as im done trying too...
  7. Seat exeo temperature

Rubbish the seal is on a shaft , rotating it or not wont make it leak unless its not used for that long it rusts But if that happens you will have other problems on the car of more concern than your ac as already said i agree it needs using but thats not the reason Its more important too get...
  8. LED trailer lights not working properly

You will proberly find its because of the leds They do cause problems with a lot of trailer electrics The car is looking for the correct loads caused by a normal bulb but when leds are fitted and can cause lots of strange thing too happen Have you plugged in a standard trailer board too...
  9. Water ingress under the bonnet? Help!

The only way you will check for water is lift the carpets You won't get far enough down with a finger too reach the comfort control module Only thing is you have too remove the seat and sill plates etc too lift the carpet which isn't a five minute job mores the pity.
  10. Anyone had their emissions "fixed"?

I'm with you on this The software botch is just that Because if they could have got the nox levels down in the first place with the engine being how it was designed too run they would have Instead there now implementing a quick fix.
  11. Seat exeo temperature

I don't mean too be one of those people but who the hell told you that the gas will escape if not used Don't get me wrong it should be used but it's certainly not going too dump out gas because you don't
  12. Near side front wheel getting hot

Cracking job
  13. Bose sound system

Ive had 3 different rnse unit 2x mk1s and the current mk2 one had bose the others didnt but non of them have a loudness function in sound settings There is a hidden engineering menu which is accesible if you google rnse engineering mode and theres a loudness control in there but i dont know if...
  14. Water ingress under the bonnet? Help!

Nasty :( You wont see the water on the carpet thou as it goes underneath the carpet from under the dash The insulation and carpet is about 30-40mm thick the comfort control module is underneath that again Hopefully you only had a dampness on the filter and no ingress or quantity of water .
  15. Seat exeo temperature

Your right on some points but , They dont have electric duct heaters of any kind all the air con button does is shuts the air con compressor down Luke warm air is caused by the engine obviously not being up too temperature or if the cars up to temp its the climate control doing its job as you...
  16. Bose sound system

You will probably find the exeo doesnt have a rear sub The exeo does have an updated nav unit with relation too a hd screen led back lit and 32gb card slots There is no sub section on any of the cars ive had with factory rns-e unit , old or new version.
  17. Water ingress under the bonnet? Help!

This has been an issue since 1997 when the b5 a4 came out I have owned many variants of this set up and with all of them ive pulled the bung out under the battery as a precautionary measure and in over a decade have never had any smell or fumes in the car , how much fumes do people think comes...
  18. Is there a second Fuse box on exeo st

Glad its sorted :thumbup:
  19. Is there a second Fuse box on exeo st

Off the top of my head there isn't a separate fuse for the number plate lights there generally linked with either side light fuses or instrumentation fuses if everything else is working in your car I would suggest you have a wiring issue Obviously without seeing your car and looking I cant...
  20. Water ingress under the bonnet? Help!

Loads of makes and models of cars get blocked up air chambers and scuttles from leaves and debris its part of a service that they should be cleaned out problem is so many don't do it so you cant blame the car because it hasn't been serviced properly , The fix for these cars like others under...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.