Search results

1. What oil to use in my car???

Latest spec for VAG oil for Seat Ibiza Mk 5 is VW 504 00 / 507 00. Quantum Longlife III 5w30 bought from well known auction site £22.99 for full 5 litres. You can't go wrong. http://www.oilspecifications.org/volkswagen.php
  2. battery recommendations

Ibiza Battery Exide Premium battery EA640 (027TE) measures 246mm l x 190mm h x 175mm w. 64Ah and 640CCA. 4 Year warranty. If you need more amps use the EA770 (096TE) size it is 278mm L and has 77Ah with 760 CCA. It will fill the battery tray! Visit Exide.com and use their web catalog to...
  3. Warped Discs - Anyone else having same problem?

Use any of the premium brands. You will get a good deal from many of the online parts suppliers or auction sites. Make sure that you thoroughly clean the hub face with a wire brush so that the new discs sit flush with no 'run out'. Always fit new pads with new discs. Use ceratec or similar on...
  4. Coolant questions

Yes they are connected and there may be air in the system. The cooling system is designed to be a closed circuit which significantly raises the boiling point of the coolant. If you have a leak from the radiator then the pressure will be lowered as will the boiling point so the fan will run...
  5. Rear brake pads & discs, Altea/Leon Mk2

Nice 'how to' guide. Visit brakeboom.com or use the Mintes on-line catalogue for details of brake components. I bought the Mintex brake box set MDK0037 (rear axle set of 2 x discs & 4 x pads) for my Ibiza - £33 delivered.
  6. Changing rear brake pads guide

Nice simple 'how to' guide. I recommend using the bleed nipple method when winding back pistons otherwise there is a risk that the seals in the master cylinder may become unseated or the lip reversed. When the job is complete, depress the brake pedal firmly several times to properly seat the...
  7. *Guide* Filter Replacement Part Numbers

I only use Mann or Wix filters. You can get all relevant part numbers from their on-line catalogues.
  8. Fan Washer Jets - "How To" Guide

Just fitted 5M0 955 985 C9B9 (non heated version) to my 2012 facelifted Ibiza FR. Very easy (2 mins) to install just pull towards the front of the bonnet and downwards - if you do need to lever, use a plastic tool to prevent damage to the paint. Mine use a T10 torx to adjust. The spray pattern...
  9. Installing Fan washers

Just fitted 5M0 955 985 C9B9 (non heated version) to my 2012 facelifted Ibiza FR. Very easy (2 mins) to install & adjust (T10 torx). Much better spray pattern which covers a wide section of the windscreen, not the roof! Can't understand why these are not fitted as standard.
  10. Fitting air filter after the airbox

Replace the standard paper air filter element with a Pipercross one. They're made of a special oiled foam and last forever, just need an annual wipe off of leaves, flies, etc. You keep the standard airbox which protects the filter and retains the cars originality.
  11. Warped Discs - Anyone else having same problem?

VAG tend to fit Ate (Part of the Continental Tyres group) I can also recommend Juratek, Mintex, Pagid and Brembo, I've used them all. Juratek brakes are made in England to very high standard. Properly fitted and maintained brakes should not warp. Brakes generate high temperatures so running...
  12. New bulbs.

If you mant more light use the best bulbs, Philips X-Treme Vision (130%) or Osram Night Breaker Unlimited (110%). Came 1st and 2nd respectively in Autoexpress tests. I use the Osram which are usually a few quid cheaper. Both offer a much brighter, whiter light with more range and are rated for...
  13. Shock absorvers, how long do they last?

Should generally last 40 - 60,000 miles. Try the 'bounce' test. Push each corner firmly down, the vehicle should bounce up once and settle. If it bounces several times then the dampers (correct term for shock absorber) are worn. Check for obvious signs of weeping oil at the seal. I have a rear...
  14. Best cleaning/protecting products for the Leon?

Try Autosmart they make a wide range of products and are available on ebay. Autosmart is cheaper than Autoglym but just as good and you get more for your money. Their G101 is a great all round cleaner, use it for interior & exterior, try tardis for tar removal it really works. I also use...
  15. Coolant questions

Coolant level will rise as the liquid expands when hot. I run with mine at the min level.
  16. Head unit model number

I think it's 6J0 035 156. Hope this helps.
  17. Fuel disconnect plier for diesel fuel filter

Today I replaced the fuel filter on my Ibiza FR tdi for the first time (done several on my dprevious Polo tdi) and used a pair of blunt nosed pliers. Remember to prime the filter, I pour out the diesel from the old filter from the engine side outlet into a clean jar and use a syringe to fill the...
  18. Drop link spline size?

Delphi drop links on my Polo 6R use a 5mm allen key. Removal is easy if you 'pop' the ball joint off and hold the exposed ball with vice grips or similar. Try Meyle heavy duty, they're made from thick stainless and come with a 4 year guarantee. Hope this helps.
  19. Hello from Seat newbie

Hi to everyone on the forum. Just moved to Seat Ibiza FR tdi 105 from VW Polo SE tdi 75 - same platform. different body. Hope to be able to help with my experience with tdi Polo. Already found some interesting and useful info on this site. Cheers. The Captain.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.