Search results

1. Leon Cupra ST 290 - Revo stage 3

Installed the R7438-9 spark plugs yesterday and it seems that it cured the misfire issue and that it pulled the timing a few degrees on cylinder 3 before. Surprisingly it seems that the engine is running smoother in general with the R7438-9 than with the R7437-9 spark plugs. I have put 5,500...
  2. Leon Cupra ST 290 - Revo stage 3

Agree the engine pricing if bought from a VAG dealer is unreasonable. I found the new VW engine at one of the suppliers in Germany at a lot less, but it was that which the faulty injectors “ate”..it was then rebuild, but apparently something went wrong so got a brand new engine for the second...
  3. Leon Cupra ST 290 - Revo stage 3

Forgot to mention the fuel consumption- on the Germany trips it improved compared to stock and stage 1. The last two trips showed between 11 and 12 L. per 100 km. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Leon Cupra ST 290 - Revo stage 3

It’s been quite awhile since my last update, but a lot happened.. On my first trip to Germany the engine ate itself again. It had nothing to do with the tuning - it turned out that one of the injectors has clamped up and melted the piston...apparently the same was the reason my engine failed...
  5. Leon Cupra ST 290 - Revo stage 3

Wondering how the fuel economy is impacted by the upgrade? So far it seems it really is not affected in the daily commute or when cruising along. The new engine has done 2,700 km now and the first 1,500 km was hardly economical with varying rpm’s, loads etc. and the remaining 1,200 km has been...
  6. Leon Cupra ST 290 - Revo stage 3

Thank you :) I am most definitely enjoying it but I am looking forward to warmer temperatures, less rain and more sticky summer tires... The car is really fun but at the same time impressively composed. The way it gathers speed is ridiculous but at the same time there is very little drama to...
  7. Leon Cupra ST 290 - Revo stage 3

Apparently the OEM piping is restrictive and creates a lot of turbulence. https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/cooling/mqb-chassis-intercooler-pipe-upgrade&engineid=282 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Leon Cupra ST 290 - Revo stage 3

As I understand it Revo provides the program and specify safe parameters to the dealers. They can then adjust some parameters slightly if needed. They have different programs depending on octane, 97, 98, 100 and 102 RON. As with all engines they perform differently. Further, Revo specify...
  9. Leon Cupra ST 290 - Revo stage 3

Not yet. The engine was brand new, so agreed with the Revo dealer that did the software, that we will dyno it when broken-in. Which it is now, so it is just a matter of me getting the time to go back to the dealer - and maybe getting the fuel pumps installed first as well (the only hardware I...
  10. Leon Cupra ST 290 - Revo stage 3

That might be the or a contributing reason as well. I had not thought about that. Have you noticed any effects to the warm-up time of the bigger oil pan in daily driving? I am really tempted by the upgrade but would assume the downside would be a prolonged warm-up period? Sent from my iPhone...
  11. Leon Cupra ST 290 - Revo stage 3

I am looking forward to see that as well. Currently it actually appears that the consumption is lower at highway speeds. I have meetings in a Germany coming up in mid April - will be interesting to see how it behaves and what the average of that trip will be (used to 14-16 l/100 km) depending on...
  12. Leon Cupra ST 290 - Revo stage 3

So 1.400 km done and started to let it stretch its legs a bit. My only comment is wow. It honestly kind of scared me a bit tonight - never tried that before! It was raining quite heavily so the esp restricted it quite a bit, but the engine mounts have managed to increase grip as well as...
  13. Leon Cupra ST 290 - Revo stage 3

What happened since last? Well first of all the turbo did not arrive as hope, so ended up in the wife’s Golf GTE for the Italy trip [emoji58] Anyway, while in Italy the turbo finally arrived and the garage assembled everything so it was ready on Wednesday. They had performed the different...
  14. Leon Cupra ST 290 - Revo stage 3

So a little bit more about it. I bought her new in the summer 2016, originally going for the Golf R variant but when I tried that I found it to be really boring. That, the fact that the Leon’s design in my opinion is so much meaner and sleeker plus a significant premium due to danish car taxes...
  15. Leon Cupra ST 290 - Revo stage 3

A little bit about my ride and the ongoing Revo stage 3 build and a new engine :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Leon Cupra Stage 3, anyone?

Thanks, that’s an interesting read! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Leon Cupra Stage 3, anyone?

Hi, I bought my Cupra ST new in July 2016 and have been running Revo software since January 2017. Two weeks ago, at 67k KM I unfortunately had a catastrophic engine failure, as the piston in cylinder 2 cracked. One of my friends own a large garage and commented that everything else looked as...
  18. Leon ST Cupra 300 DSG - REVO Stage 1

I have had the Revo stage 1 map on for a year and 30 t.km with no issues what so ever. I change the engine oil for every 10 t.km, dsg oil for every 30 t.km and spark plugs for every 40 t.km.. I do not have a dsg map on it. I can only testify that it is worth it - it transform the car.. In...
  19. Resonator delete for Cupra 280 ST (estate)

There is no difference between 280/290/300 ST exhaust systems. There is a difference between 280 SC/5-door and 290/300 SC/5-door systems. At least that is what I could find spending hours and hours reading and looking at schematics when considering a new exhaust system. Sent from my iPhone...
  20. Leon Cupra 100-200 time?

Finally got around to check the boost - the infotainment system says 2.4 bar, hence it is topping out on a boost of a bit more than 1.4 bar. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.