Search results

1. mik

Will 16" wheels fit over std FR brakes?

Hey m0rkus. [B)] Scratch this question - he's just ordered some 17" snow tyres..... so now to see if there are any cheap 17"'s going. I know many of the Audi 17" rims are 5x112 aren't they?
  2. mik

Will 16" wheels fit over std FR brakes?

Hello all - long time no-post. :) I have tried searching, but no luck. Trying to look for winter tyre options for my dad for his 57-plate FR. He doesn't fancy swapping tyres around every season on the same rims, so is considering another set of wheels - which obviously opens up the options...
  3. mik

Wiper annoyance

Sounds like a great idea to me. Wifey always switches off engine without switching off wipers, so in winter you regularly start up the car only to realise the wiper motor is busy burning out it's windings. Easy solution is the one I tell my wife - TURN OFF THE ****ING WIPERS BEFORE YOU...
  4. mik

Greetins from a new old member!

Will you be fitting some RE040's to retain the inability to move in a straight line in the wet? ;)
  5. mik

Brakes too sharp (and non-linear)

As per Bill - I think the MkII Leon brakes (TDI170) are nastily over-servoed. It's not a question of their stopping ability, it makes them very hard to modulate, although I guess you would get used to them over time.
  6. mik

Any1 put 20s on the new leon yet??

Eww. "Twennies" look daft IMHO. :blink: What choo want is Twennyates man.
  7. mik

David Leslie RIP

Ex hard-charging BTCC racer David Leslie & Team Principal named as victims of the Kent private jet crash. :( Story Here
  8. mik

quickest gear?

Momentum allows you to maintain speed once you remove power - it doesn't help you to accelerate. FR makes peak power at 4200rpm. Torque at this speed is 212lbs.ft I haven't seen a dyno trace, but If you rev to 5000rpm, then (by definition) you can't be making more than 170bhp, which means...
  9. mik

Choosing Tyres

All I know is that the FK452 is their "flagship" performance tyre, despite the ZE912 being a bit newer.
  10. mik

Cheap tyres,brand snobbery ?

You've just asked a question that is too open. It's like asking whether you should buy a BMW, or would one of the cheaper brands be just as good.... and the answer is.... it depends which cheaper brands (and more specifically the tyre type) you are looking at. As already noted within this...
  11. mik

not much movement in gearstick

Have you tried generously spraying WD40 around the vicinity of the linkage? Ideally whilst someone is moving the gearstick around. Your description sounds like a bush with crap in it - causing the lever to be stiff in one axis. (?) Make sure you don't find a hole and spray WD onto your...
  12. mik

Turbo Cutting In/Out Tdi 150

As mentioned by Muddyboots - VNT mechanism sticking? See it in action HERE. I think the TDI150 uses a larger (VNT17?) version. Also worth reading post #12 on THIS THREAD
  13. mik

remap 110 against octavia vrs

Nothing wrong with that - but you should recognise that if you beat them it's a combination of a capable car and a better technique.... and you should therefore be chuffed with yourself as well as your car. Just don't believe your own hype :D (and FFS remove that number from your...
  14. mik

Yup - the Cupra225 driver I was following at a meet one time said the same to me after a run when I was stuck to his back bumper during an overtake. Truth is I anticipated the traffic slightly better and got a slight run on him, and it was a blast past where he prob accelerated to only...
  15. mik

Now I can see the graph! :D Well the scale ties in with your statements etc, but.... that is one spikey torque curve :blink: Peak torque of 400Nm at approx 2300 rpm, yet it's dropped to 350Nm barely 300rpm later. These are obviously corrected traces, and it's a shame you can't see the...
  16. mik

Can't comment 'til I see the graphs (blimmin company firewall.... ) AFAIK the Leon 5-speed box is rated at 214lbs.ft, and the 6-speed box (used in the PD engined cars) is 300lbs.ft. Factor in approx 20% designed safety margin takes you to a sensible safe limit of 260 lbs.ft for the 5-speed...
  17. mik

how to get more power out my 110 tdi

I can't view certain images at work due to firewall :( ~ will have a look when I get home :) So what rpm is your whopping peak torque figure at then?
  18. mik

how to get more power out my 110 tdi

The 130PD has far higher torque as std than a 110. :confused:
  19. mik

I was thinking that too JonJay..... I reckon my remapped 110TDI was pushing 140+ bhp but more like 230lbs.ft torque. In fact, I requested a little lower boost at low rpm to avoid the flywheel oscillation that troubles the 110TDI when you get over 230 torquey units, so mine was probably only...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise