Search results

1. Blown turbo, other options? Pd130

Is the turbo hotside cast into the exhaust manifold? I have a 130pd in my sharan, but you can't see much with the the way the windscreen overhangs the engine bay. I guess you could fit the turbo (and manifold if needed) from a pd150/160 but as far as I can tell it isnt much of an upgrade...
  2. Ibiza cupra pd160 hot & cold start issues

You may also have a thermostat problem, if this is stuck open, the coolant won't warm up. Best economy is obtained via ecu settings when the coolant reaches 88 deg C. I guess other possibilities are a bad remap or tuning box fitted? Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
  3. Ibiza cupra pd160 hot & cold start issues

I would change the coolant temp sensor. Or preferably hook up vcds and see what value it is reading first. Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
  4. Seat Sport Cupra brake caliper info

A few pics confirming part numbers and prices. The seal kit contains 4 piston seals, 4 dustboots, 2 bleed nipples and 2 small o rings which I have yet to work out? Basically one side. Demon tweeks held the order back waiting for bleed nipples, that I ordered individually, neither of us...
  5. Seat Sport Cupra brake caliper info

Demon tweeks carry AP spares, had to get some ordered for me, but came through with everything I needed.
  6. Pd160 tuning options

Ok thanks, guess remap is best place to start..
  7. Electric window gremlin

Ok thanks for the confirmation and pic. I ordered a motor off ebay cheers
  8. Electric window gremlin

Thanks for the reply, I'm guessing there is some sort of pcb attached to the motor? The motor itself drives ok, it just seems to lose it's limit of travel (however that is controlled).
  9. Electric window gremlin

Can anyone tell me where the central convenience unit is located?
  10. Electric window gremlin

Thanks, will look into it. Did get vcds on it, strangely it was showing electric windows not installed?
  11. Coolant temp sender. Cupra 160tdi

Having a bit of a saga with coolant temperature, the gauge reads somewhat less than the 90 degrees I think it should. Had the same issue before with passat 130's, cured by fitting new thermostat, so ordered one along with a temp sensor, to fit at the same time. Temp sensor I ordered was the...
  12. Pd160 tuning options

I'm interested in chasing more power safely. I do not want to lose the nice low speed boost character of the 1.9 engine. I guess this means a bigger turbo is a non starter? I know vag now uses biturbo setups, I've not driven one but guess that is the way to achieve high hp with good low down...
  13. Electric window gremlin

Ok thanks, will try that.
  14. Electric window gremlin

Thanks for the reply, tried that one touch reset method, sadly did not work. Will dig out vcds and see if that can tell me anything before I delve into the motor itself. Will be next week now.
  15. Wales cupra tdi

Thanks guys, from Newport, living in Cwmbran, work in cardiff! My one issue is courtesy light not living up to it's name, can check this one out, not had the time yet. The other I started a thread in the mk 4 ibiza section, electric window issue. Not able to link it here sorry 15 post rule ho hum
  16. Electric window gremlin

Seems an odd one this, drivers window lowers ok but stops 2" up from fully lowered, it can then be lowered fully with another press of the button. Raise it and it hit's the frame and goes back down to 2 from fully lowered. If you then lower the window fully and hold the button up, the window...
  17. Wales cupra tdi

Hi all, New to me 2006 cupra tdi, well happy with it so far, though it does have a few minor issues. Replaces a 2009 ecomotive mk4 that will be sold in due course. Cheers Andrew
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members