Search results

1. Aftermarket radio compatible with steering wheel controls?

All fitted and working perfectly :)
  2. Aftermarket radio compatible with steering wheel controls?

Cool, well I've ordered the CTSST002.2 harness and the Kenwood Patch Lead (http://www.carcommunications.co.uk/car-accessories/connects2/connects2-universal-stalk-lead-for-kenwood-headunits-ctkenwoodlead2 -- although not from them). Should that be sufficient? There are two Kenwood patch lead...
  3. Aftermarket radio compatible with steering wheel controls?

So I took the plunge and bought a Kenwood HU (it's mechless, so really shallow and kinda cute :D ), with connections on the back like this: It came with this wiring harness (note the wire labelled "Steering Wheel Remote Input"): The back of the existing Alana unit looks like this...
  4. New Double Din Radio

I have a 57 plate Ibiza that I'm looking to upgrade the DIN on, so thanks for your info. Just to clarify what's required, is the first of these (the CTSST002.2), plus the relevant branded patch lead, all that's needed to connect up the steering wheel controls? And do all the controls...
  5. Aftermarket radio compatible with steering wheel controls?

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but can anyone recommend an aftermarket bluetooth HU that is guaranteed to work with minimal fuss? I was looking at the Kenwood KMM-BT302 which gets decent reviews, but I don't want to buy something only to find that I need to spend a fortune on the converter...
  6. Aftermarket radio compatible with steering wheel controls?

Thanks! That's quite a lot of money for the converter -- are there any brands/models of head unit that are compatible by default? Or that you'd recommend generally?
  7. Aftermarket radio compatible with steering wheel controls?

Hi all I'm looking to replace my Alana radio with something aftermarket with the usual goodies (usb, bluetooth etc). Are the steering wheel controls generic? Or is there something in particular I should be looking for to ensure compatibility? It's absolutely key that they work, otherwise...
  8. Stalled car and power steering stopped working

No it's brand new. Not sure what to think, although he says he's tried everything re connections and wiring to the pump, and the sensor is the only other thing it can be :shrug: To be fair he did say it was a very unusual problem, maybe when the car stalled there was some sort of surge from the...
  9. Stalled car and power steering stopped working

So the pump is fitted but the steering's now in "emergency mode" (50% power), so now the angle sensor needs replace: £120+vat on top of the pump price :banghead2
  10. Stalled car and power steering stopped working

Wow, okay, no complaints here then!
  11. Stalled car and power steering stopped working

Really, is that good? To be fair a quick google suggests it's not bad...
  12. Stalled car and power steering stopped working

He says the power steering pump has failed. £350 for a new one, fitted :headhurt:
  13. Stalled car and power steering stopped working

Cool, in that case an auto electrician is the best person to diagnose. Fingers crossed!
  14. Stalled car and power steering stopped working

As far as I know it's original (I've only had the car a few months). Hopefully not too expensive a fix (a quick Google suggests about the £40 mark, which is alright)
  15. Stalled car and power steering stopped working

I think you might be right, when I stalled I did have to turn the ignition a couple of times before it started again, a bit like a cold start. I have a charger but it looks like a lot of work to take the battery out :blink:
  16. Stalled car and power steering stopped working

I've got it booked in with a vehicle electrician on Monday, hopefully he'll do that. Wouldn't mind getting it sorted before then, but hey ho It is pretty difficult to drive at the moment -- okay on the motorway (I had to drive from Glasgow to Edinburgh last night...) but a bugger for parking...
  17. Stalled car and power steering stopped working

No joy, unfortunately. Left it disconnected for about 40 mins.
  18. radio code problem

Yes the button is scan, not pty. Can't believe the translation is so wrong, I was about to order a new radio!! (Sorry to necro this thread, but I thought I should confirm this in case it helps anyone else)
  19. Stalled car and power steering stopped working

Thanks, how long is about right? I tried about a minute before, is that not enough?
  20. Stalled car and power steering stopped working

So how do I fix it? The light is still on today, and there's still no power steering. I've checked the fuses (no problems) and disconnected the battery temporarily, but no joy.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members