Search results

1. MEZ44

Starting / gearing issues

Regarding the engine at cold start. Could be related to a few things, fuel pressure, coil plugs not fully 'charged' up, starter motor not providing enough power. This could be all down to power levels in the battery...? For the gearbox, if you've had a gearbox map I would suggest to have that...
  2. MEZ44

Cupra Oil Temperature

5W40? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. MEZ44

Cupra Oil Temperature

Oil is not something that is kept 'cool' All those temps are fine. Ideally you would want to be between 100-110degrees C (most engines are designed to be within that range) Max temperature would be 120 It takes a while for oil to warm up so if you are only doing a 10minutes journey it'll only...
  4. MEZ44

Mirror link in cupra st 280

I thought mirror link was more like £200 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. MEZ44

2016 Cupra 290

I'll PM you Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. MEZ44

2016 Cupra 290

I'm selling a 2016 Cupra 280 DSG if you're interested...? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. MEZ44

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

The exact same thing I did yesterday lol. Also needs a clean [emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. MEZ44

Advice on abandoned car on my drive

You are quite tolerant, 1 week, I would've done it the next day lol. The police want to chase bank robbers and drug dealers, they don't want to find someone to move their car off your drive, that's boring! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. MEZ44

Advice on abandoned car on my drive

Private property is private property, whatever you do if it goes to court you would most likely win as long as you don't scrap the car... Older cars should be easier to 'unlock' then handbrake down push out. Then I would 'disconnect' the battery, to save it from dying :P Sent from my iPhone...
  10. MEZ44

Leon Cupra R ST 335???

I believe many users have gone through IMG Warrington Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. MEZ44

Speedometer spacing

The Cupra speedo seems fairly linear to me. Although it does go to 180 using the same circumference so the spacing would be adjusted accordingly. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. MEZ44

Speedometer spacing

I think it may have to do with the accuracy of the speedo, usually the accuracy decreases with speed so having a higher resolution at high speeds is pointless. Also agree with the comment above, more likely to be at them speeds so makes sense to be more precise there Sent from my iPhone...
  13. MEZ44

Cupra 280 Stage 2 spark plugs

Pay through PayPal? What's the final price? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. MEZ44

Front Assist

I have front assist, although that hasn't happened to me i do believe it has a mind of its own sometimes. In many cases it has done its job and I'm grateful for that. But at other times it fails to pick up nearly stationary cars at traffic lights (i was pretty much testing if it still works)...
  15. MEZ44

Coolant Help

I don't see a major issue, but you can't mix all anti-freeze. If it's low, but not too low, just fill it up with water. The existing anti-freeze should be fine further diluted (depends on where you live, if it's very cold then you might need to add abit) Generally if the coolant colour is the...
  16. MEZ44

Cupra 280 Stage 2 spark plugs

I'd be interested too Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. MEZ44

Cupra Insurance

Wow. The dreaded loop hole They can really stuff things up for you. I'd choose a different insurance provider but no one is willing to insure me for a price I could afford Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. MEZ44

Cupra Insurance

My experience with admiral is nothing to complain about. Throughout the time I've been with them (2 years) ive added many cars and removed cars. The wait time on the phone can be lengthy at times but generally okay. The price is better than anyone else's offering. Saying that I've only been with...
  19. MEZ44

Cupra Insurance

Is adrian flux generally cheaper than admiral? I tried sky insurance, they couldn't give a price and were shocked I was even insured on my car last year. Apparently they don't insure 23yr olds on cupras lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. MEZ44

Cupra Insurance

For me admiral group, in particular the multicar insurance, was the cheapest for me. No other company would provide a quote, or would give ridiculous prices. I've had a Cupra since I was 22, two years now and not paid more than 800 each year. The computer works out a quote based on their...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members