Search results

1. Delivery mileage

I had 210 miles on mine as it's from a dealer other side of the country!
  2. Stop start system

I can't imagine it does too much to save any £££
  3. Should i be ashamed or impressed by myself? ;)

Lol....I think the first couple of thousand miles the mpg was pretty low but that's to be expected! I live in the hills and so I tend to average 27 to 28 in comfort mode. Very similar to my previous car, so it isn't a shock to me.
  4. Should i be ashamed or impressed by myself? ;)

I am pleased when i hit 29mpg on normal light footed driving!
  5. Stop start system

Find it can add to a little hesitation when you want to pull away from a junction etc. I always find myself turning it off when I come to a hill or junction etc. I guess like all cars it's just a characteristic that you live with.
  6. Stop start system

Yeah I have the dsg box, which I am guessing is part of the sentivie issue. I lease the car, so I'm not going to start tinkering with anything but learn to turn it off now and then!
  7. Stop start system

I have a month old cupra 290 and like all these things you start to get used to things you like and don't like. These may be minor but bug me a little....the first thing is the over active stop start system, which seems to turn the engine off before you come to a complete stand still thus making...
  8. Best products/kits for keeping your cars looking fresh!

It's about finding something that works best for you and to your budget.....the car will be dirty tomorrow but normal muck I don't mind but wanted to see what was tar and what may have been motorways chips lo
  9. Best products/kits for keeping your cars looking fresh!

I spent the afternoon with the clay bar out getting off all tar that was splattered all over the Nevada white after doing a couple of motorway runs last week....looks like new again!
  10. Auto dimming lights and wing mirror dipping in reverse

Maybe if I give the car a wash, it will be happy and decide to activate its mirrors!!
  11. 2017 Leon!!!

I agree, I have been driving my cupra 290 with dsg box and the biggest issue is getting the power on to the tarmac. This will hopefully improve in the warmer weather when the tarmac heats up. But how mucher faster would this be if you could actually get the power on to the ground without wheels...
  12. Auto dimming lights and wing mirror dipping in reverse

I am pretty sure the wing mirror is very temperamental when it comes to deciding whether or not it wants to dip in reverse!
  13. New 2016 Lima Green FR

I do like that colour...car looks smart; it's a shame I couldn't get my Leon in that colour.
  14. Auto dimming lights and wing mirror dipping in reverse

sorry was being stupid...i assume this is the sensitivity for the auto lights!
  15. Auto dimming lights and wing mirror dipping in reverse

Lol not very well thought out then! Yes about the light part too...was playing around with it but not really sure what that's for!
  16. Auto dimming lights and wing mirror dipping in reverse

Thanks for the quick response, I never ordered the option of high beam assist but looking through the settings it gives options for the sensitivity for the light assist. With regards to the wing mirrors, I noticed it did it once before but didn't realise I had to leave it to the L setting but I...
  17. 290 black - running in? fuel?

Mine was delivered with 400 on the clock as I purchased from a dealer I'm the other end of the country and gave it a boot from then on. With regards to fuel I am still not convinced '99 offers me anything over '95 but am still fairly new to the car. Maybe psychologically It feels better with...
  18. Auto dimming lights and wing mirror dipping in reverse

I have a cupra 290 Black ed....a couple of questions if I may, are the headlamps meant to dip from fall beam automatically? And the second question is, are the wing mirrors meant to dip when reversing even with the rear camera installed? Thanks in advance!
  19. How do I turn off the internal alarm sensors?

I have a new cupra 290 5 door and would like to know how I turn off he interior alarm sensors? The manual refers to a button on the A pillar but unless It's camouflaged, I can't see one! Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks in advance
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.