Search results

1. mattb82

Help/Local knowledge

Guys, I'm in the south of France with the family in my Cupra 290. One of the wheel bearings is making a proper row! I don't suppose anyone has any local knowledge of the Montpellier area with regards to getting a new bearing fitted? I leave in just over a week, and have around 1000 miles or...
  2. mattb82

Satnav stupidity!

I've never been a fan of sat navs but found the google maps routing through europe to be almost faultless. Except for it sending me down a couple of miles of bike track in Switzerland it didn't seem to choose any silly routes.
  3. mattb82

Speeding in europe

After experiencing the Autostrade for the first time this year I'm sure you're more likely to be fined for driving too slowly than you are for speeding in Italy!
  4. mattb82

Speeding in europe

If I do hear anything I'm hoping the fines are too big. Bearing in mind I'll likely return in the same car it looks like I just need to pay them. Damn Cupra's are just too easy to drive fast!!
  5. mattb82

Speeding in europe

I'm pretty sure I've been flashed a couple of times in France and possibly once in Luxembourg. Have any of you had/paid speeding tickets on the continent? I'm considering copping a deaf'un if/when the NOIPs land. Is this likely to cause me grief when driving abroad in future? Cheers
  6. mattb82

Tyre deals??

Bought 2 from Camskill last week. About £144 each with the postage. Just need to get the tyre fitter at work to fit them for me now.
  7. mattb82

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Had 2 new Michelin PS4s delivered from Camskill. Only £140.70 each at the moment.
  8. mattb82

Which REVO installer

Give Midland VW in Norton Canes a shout. I've not used them for a remap (yet!), but have used them for servicing and other bits and bobs for years. They've always been really helpful, and definitely know their stuff.
  9. mattb82

Auto-dimming screen annoyance

theoldboy, it's an adaptation. Control Unit - (17) Dash board Illumination algorithm - Scale_switching_algorithm Old value - parking_light New value - lds
  10. mattb82

Auto-dimming screen annoyance

The same thing used to drive me round the twist. There's an adaptation on obdeleven that can sort it though.
  11. mattb82

Where to place Eurolites beam deflectors on full LED headlights

You don't need to use them. The beam is apparently flat enough to comply with the regs for driving on either side of the road.
  12. mattb82

Decisions!

Pick it up now!!
  13. mattb82

Roof box recommendations

Hi. I've not long come back from a family holiday in France. I bought a thule ocean 100 to go with their wing bars. It easily fits 3 decent sized holdals in it plus plenty of extra odds and sods. We had a fairly large buggy in the boot with a couple more holdals and bags etc. I found it was...
  14. mattb82

Cheers! :D
  15. mattb82

Cheers mrbugle, but which lot?
  16. mattb82

This morning I managed to scuff the nearside rear wheel on a broken bit of cobbled street. Gutted! Anyone know of somewhere in the midlands that can repair diamond cut alloys at a reasonable price?
  17. mattb82

Full link?

When using android auto you don't need to press anything, just say "ok google" followed by what you want to do (send message etc).
  18. mattb82

Which induction kit for cupra?

Does anyone know how the revo intake compares to ones already mentioned?
  19. mattb82

OBDeleven modifications

No idea then! Sorry... Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
  20. mattb82

OBDeleven modifications

Out of interest do your windows go up/down when you lock/unlock the car with a long press? If that's not working as well you may need to reset your windows which may also reset your mirrors.... It's a long shot, but you never know.