Search results

1. SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

Unfortuantely I do have a problem. Every now and then the time showing up on the dash is +1 h ahead of the actual time. I've seen on one occasion that it was +15 minutes ahead. Has the tendency to scare the sh***t out of me. Only a reboot of the infotainment helps.
  2. SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

thanks @Tell What is the most recent 3xx version?
  3. SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

Hi Gentlemen, I see this thread has grown a lot the past 2 years. Is there anyone who's done an upgrade of MIB2 0351 (MY 2016) to a very recent version? Is there a version limit I should not exceed when upgrading? Which version would you recommend me to go for? Thanks!
  4. Best time to sell a Cupra? What to buy?

The i30N is a nice car. I like the interior, the seats, materials seem like a step-up. Also like the 18" factory fitted tyres :) Slightly stronger engine, a dual-clutch gearbox, no wheel-hop (if there's any) + an estate variant and I take it for a test-ride.
  5. Best time to sell a Cupra? What to buy?

I think they look more than good enough. Are those original alloy wheels?
  6. Best time to sell a Cupra? What to buy?

I bought it, so it's mine to keep for ages - as long as the frame (I do hear some squeaks here and there), constructions, materials and wear will allow it.
  7. Best time to sell a Cupra? What to buy?

At least the BMW 5 series rolls 19" 2xx/40 tyres instead of /35. That is a measurable difference of 15.75mm in sidewall height (235/35 vs 245/40). Cost is in a different league though. If all (most of) the performance estates are rocking 19" 2xx/35 tyres, I wonder what am I doing wrong? Am I the...
  8. Best time to sell a Cupra? What to buy?

> why change Probably only because of the tyres: wheel hop + dreadful sound when hitting even the smallest potholes destroying both the tyres as well the alloy discs. It's very exhausting driving as if I were on eggshells avoiding every small bump on the road.
  9. SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

Indeed, "GRID" menu is there. (strange that I haven't spotted this setting for so many years). But I have realized it also means I can't use the right knob to navigate (which I find so essential).
  10. Best time to sell a Cupra? What to buy?

My beloved Cupra 290 ST is now 4 years old. I am considering selling it but can't make up my mind. Is it a good 'age' to sell it (warranty expires in 10months)? If I sold it, what would I buy to replace it? What would you recommend to consider? Newer cupras seem *much* more expensive. Far from...
  11. SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

I have H30 351. So if I read this right, the max I can go to is 368. Will that give me the tiles menu? What other benefits will I get by applying it (having already AA, Sports view,etc., as I own a cupra)?
  12. 18" Wheels on Cupra 280

By the way, in a retrospective, the PS4 seems to be more resilient and durable than my original (factory fitted) Pirelli P Zeros. I had to trow away and replace 3 of them because: two got punctured and cut by the rim when hitting a deep pothole one got a long crack on the sidewall - a...
  13. 18" Wheels on Cupra 280

I have the PS4s. Go for them. No issue with comfort. The only issue are the potholes.
  14. 18" Wheels on Cupra 280

My thinking was RUNFLAT = more absorbtion, opposed to more transfer. But yeah, that really depends on the compound and internal structure of the tyre. Seems like a gamble.
  15. 18" Wheels on Cupra 280

Do you think a 225/45/R18 would still fit my Cupra? And has anyone tried RUNFLAT tyres? They are supposed to have much stronger sidewalls - should be more resilient to potholes as well as protect better the wheel, would they not?
  16. 18" Wheels on Cupra 280

I am absolutely furious because of the 235/35 tyres. Here (SK) the government does a very lousy job of maintaining the roads. Potholes as deep as 5-8cm are not uncommon in cities. No surprise then that no matter how carefully i have driven, in 3 years, I had to throw away 2 tyres and replace 3x...
  17. Replacing front seats for Audi S3/S4 seats on a Cupra 5F

Thanks for the advice. I have now found some general upholstery services for cars. They mostly do 'repairs'. I wonder if they can convert the seats to more ergonomic and comfortable. Will have to find out.
  18. Replacing front seats for Audi S3/S4 seats on a Cupra 5F

Strange I could not find any. I live in Slovakia, for that matter. The only thing I could find on the internet were bucket seats in all colors.
  19. SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

So where would I find the most recent SW for MIB2, STD, 6.5", HW: 30, SW: 0351? I only see links to 0330 and 0346. The randomly occurring incorrect time (1 hour less or more, depending on the actual Daylight saving change) is driving me nuts. The new TILE panel would be fine (if ever released...
  20. Replacing front seats for Audi S3/S4 seats on a Cupra 5F

Alternatively, are there any services offering to upholster the current seats with more comfortable materials?