Search results

1. Mk1 Cupra R Track car.....build thread.....with Photos!

Hi Again been a while. Starting the oil cooler fitting this weekend if I have time. Going to order my seats too next week. Also been looking and doing some research on PB Brakes https://pbbrakes.com/seat-leon-mk1-1m-98-06-front-big-brake-kit.html Can get 8 pots with rotors and lines for...
  2. Forge Turbo Hard Pipe Cupra R AMK

Hi I had the same and sold it to a fried with a TT. He doesnt have any problems but his is standard boost.
  3. Mk1 Cupra R Track car.....build thread.....with Photos!

Hi all Not posted for a while. Anyway got my car sorted. My EGT sensor cable was not clipped up when we changed the down pipe and it fell onto the exhaust manifold and melted together. AFM was faulty so swapped and now working great. Next trackday booked for Oulton in July for the Public...
  4. Has my turbo went pop

Has my turbo went pop. I dunno but I have spoken proper england since me was a children.....sorry couldn't resist!
  5. My £900 Seat Leon MK1 260BHP pictures

You paid 900 mate You get what you pay for. I paid 900 for mine and now ot stands me in at 3500.00. And they bodywork still needs doing. Cars are moneypits. Especially ones which are modded, old and cheap.
  6. Mk1 Cupra R Track car.....build thread.....with Photos!

Thanks Jay. Didnt think about that. I thought about a bad earth somewhere as one fault mentioned it. Job for sunday......maybe!!
  7. Mk1 Cupra R Track car.....build thread.....with Photos!

Hi I am going to replace MAF, EGT and N80 when I have funds. Got married at weekend so have no spare money. I used to have to clean the MAF in my old car but will just replace. Wonder how much EOM is.
  8. EML and ESP light on after trackday

Cheers Andrew. Just priced up a new AFM and EGT and there goes my 2 new tyres :cry: The joys!
  9. EML and ESP light on after trackday

Hi all Completed a track day today which was going really well. Tested new suspension and flat shift and car was motoring. Stopped for a short bathroom break and when I got back in my car the EML light stayed on as did the ESP/TRC light. Checked fault codes and the following came up...
  10. Mk1 Cupra R Track car.....build thread.....with Photos!

Hi all Completed another track day today and the suspension setup does need a little tweaking but has made a huge difference in the performance. I can exit corners amd enter them quicker than before the coilover and arbs went on. Anyway, got about 3 hours of track time and my EML and ESP...
  11. what have you done to your car today ?

Yes....and like I found out have a crappy flash map put on and then when properly mapped you realise how lucky you were not to do any serious damage!!!!
  12. Revo Stage 2 vs Custom Map - Outcome

Can I just say the Revo Stage 2 was put on about a year ago at a totally difference company. Revo stage 2 was put on by Unit 20....260BHP with 320 ft lbs The custom map was put on 2 weeks ago at Unicorn in Stockport. He solely maps VAG cars. 280BHP 300 ft lbs
  13. Revo Stage 2 vs Custom Map - Outcome

Hi all Its not often I have to hold my hands up and say I was wrong but on this extremely rare occasion I was! :D When I bought the car it had a Miltek Rear and a stage 1 Revo 245/265 graph. Car was quick and but not quick enough. I carried out supporting mods to take it to stage 2. I...
  14. Mk1 Cupra R Track car.....build thread.....with Photos!

I got the pipe from ebay. Its used but quality seems ok. Unsure of brand but I dont thinknits Forge.
  15. Mk1 Cupra R Track car.....build thread.....with Photos!

Put on my debaffled chrome charge pipe. Also got my 4bar FPR. Didnt take it out though, will try tomorrow.
  16. what have you done to your car today ?

Put on my de baffled charge pipe and 4 bar FPR.
  17. Urgent Help Required

If the battery light shows and then it dies its low voltage. If its random I would say loose cable / terminal or bad earth. If it was battery or alternator it would happen all the time.
  18. Urgent Help Required

Alternator? Bad earth? Low battery?
  19. Mk1 Cupra R Track car.....build thread.....with Photos!

I dont get involved in those kind of things. Photobucket wamts to charge me and I dont do facebook, twitter or anything like that. Erm. I will try and do it with dots. :D
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members