Search results

1. EML and ESP light on after trackday

Hi all Completed a track day today which was going really well. Tested new suspension and flat shift and car was motoring. Stopped for a short bathroom break and when I got back in my car the EML light stayed on as did the ESP/TRC light. Checked fault codes and the following came up...
  2. Revo Stage 2 vs Custom Map - Outcome

Hi all Its not often I have to hold my hands up and say I was wrong but on this extremely rare occasion I was! :D When I bought the car it had a Miltek Rear and a stage 1 Revo 245/265 graph. Car was quick and but not quick enough. I carried out supporting mods to take it to stage 2. I...
  3. Clutch drag... shim remedy.

Hi all Since fitting my paddle clutch and SMF occasionally I was experiencing clutch drag. This is when you are travelling to a stop and drop down into 1st gear. Even though the clutch is fully pressed the car still inches foward; a bit like an auto when in drive and you take foot off...
  4. First Track Day

Managed to get my first track sessions with the Cupra R under my belt. Plus points. Car is very quick in straights - Friends 350HP Megane struggled to overtake and he does Oulton on sub 2 mins Brakes are good but would need better fluid next time. Tyres are awesome - Yoko AD08r Negatives...
  5. Lcr

Recent photo
  6. I broke this. What is it?

Hi all Tickering with car today and I broke a breather valve which comes from above the oil filter. Anyone know what it is called so I can get a new one.
  7. Aluminium Skid Plate/undertray MK1 Cupra R

Hi My under tray is knackered and ripped in places. Does anyone make an ally one? I have searched on google but couldn't really find anything. Thanks
  8. 1st proper test run 2005 LCR

OK Have had the car roughly 2 months now and not been out in it really. When I bought it the alternator had failed so I managed to limp it home 200 miles from Swansea on one battery.....did well. Anyway after replacing the following I thought it time to give it a boot. - alternator - oil...
  9. Mk1 Cupra R Track car.....build thread.....with Photos!

Had the Leon Cupra R for a week now and yesterday was first time I could get my hands on it. Parts bought: -Lucas oil 5/30 fully synth (great for track) -Lucas oil additive -Sump plug -Lucas alternator -Second hand nearside front door -Second hand offside sill cover So started with...
  10. New Owner intending to build rapid track car

Hello all Just bought my first Cupra R. Going to be a track car to compete with my friends R26 F1 which will have 340bhp ish. Car is pretty much standard apary from very quiet Milltek. First on list. New alternator Oil and filter Brake discs and pads New door (dented beyond...