Search results

1. New Born Baby Car things help

@Jimbobcook we got the buggy 2nd hand for £550, and sold it 2 years later for £350. Came with all the pointless accessories. We've had 2 buggies with tubed tyres, and 2 with solid rubber. Got maybe 2 punctures in 2 years, but you can get innertubes for peanuts (we gave 5 spares to the people we...
  2. New Born Baby Car things help

My twins just turned 3. Would recommend maxi-cosi isofix bases. We had the Pebble seats, which were good up to about 18 months. Not much room behind the drivers seat in a Leon though. Had a Bugaboo Donkey double buggy, which had an adaptor to allow the Maxi-cosi seats to fit. If these are...
  3. Aircon and heater doesn't work

Did this again recently. Turns out I was wrong, and it was the top radiator hose I pulled off. You hardly get any loss of fluid onto the ground. Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  4. Aircon and heater doesn't work

As Tom Jones would say... It's not unusual for coolant levels to drop a little after being filled from empty. You're doing the right thing. Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  5. Aircon and heater doesn't work

Same was happening with mine, where the coolant level was actually dropping on the car, as I guess a vacuum was building up somewhere in the system due to the blocked matrix. The coolant level would rush back up to where it should be when opening the lid. Not happened again since fitting the...
  6. Aircon and heater doesn't work

Here's my original mention of the smell Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  7. Aircon and heater doesn't work

Yes, that's exactly what mine was like. Kind of a burnt smell, almost like an old BBQ. I recently replaced my coolant again, as it had lost it's pink colour in under 2 years. Turned brownish. The stuff I took out originally was orangey/brown, and that must have been 3 years old. Something not...
  8. Aircon and heater doesn't work

Will be interesting to see if access is as simple on a LHD car. You will probably need to remove the kick plate above the pedals for access, but that probably only means a few bolts. Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  9. Aircon and heater doesn't work

Sure. Although it's been a long time since I did the job. Here are some pics of 'the journey' Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  10. Fuel Flap not opening

So managed to get it open after about 20 attempts of unlocking and locking again. Given it a good lubing with GT-80. Noticed mine doesn't lock when closed either. Been looking everywhere for the revised part number, but so far drawn a blank. Might try TPS, as they are only up the road. Sent...
  11. Fuel Flap not opening

Hero! Thank you. Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  12. Fuel Flap not opening

Does anyone have a photo of the actuator with the flap open please? Want to see where it is, and how it's attached. Think I'll be getting busy with a hacksaw blade! Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  13. Fuel Flap not opening

About 5 degrees here at the moment, and car defo unlocked... made that mistake on a previous car the day i picked it up. Called the guy I'd just bought it from on my way home. Felt like such a tool! :-D Should I hear a solenoid opening the fuel flap when I unlock the car? Sent from my SM-G960F...
  14. Fuel Flap not opening

The wife mentioned a few weeks ago she couldn't get it open, I thought she was having a baby brain moment (preggers!). Happened again tonight, and I've gone and checked myself. She wasn't dreaming. It really won't open. Anyone else had this? Got a few days of diesel left before this becomes a...
  15. Aircon and heater doesn't work

First attempt was before I bought the wet vac, so lots of soggy shoe action! Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  16. Aircon and heater doesn't work

Just uploaded to Youtube. Not very enlightening though. :-) Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  17. Aircon and heater doesn't work

Stuck the nozzle directly into the top of the reservoir and used some gaffer tape to make a better seal. Then I pulled the return line from the expansion tank and blocked off that hole in the expansion tank. Found a vid, but it won't let me post here because it's MP4' Sent from my SM-G960F...
  18. Aircon and heater doesn't work

Doing this pulls pretty much all the coolant out of the system by vacuum. I didn't have any issues with airlocks, etc. when refilling the coolant. Just ran the car normally, then topped up the coolant level when it had settled after a short drive. Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  19. Aircon and heater doesn't work

When using a wet vac, I sucked it directly out of the coolant reservoir, and undid a small hose at the top end of the engine. Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  20. Aircon and heater doesn't work

I ended up buying a carpet cleaner (wet vac), which was great at getting the majority of the coolant out without much mess. Also came in handy with a small baby in the house! Before I bought that, I just removed a lower radiator hose, although due to the complexity of the coolant system and...