Search results

1. paddy6789

Formentor VZ2 for review

Afternoon All, We've got the new Formentor VZ2 310 4Drive DSG with us for a review, if you'd like to drop any questions you may have or pictures you'd like more detail on we can hopefully sort then out for you.
  2. paddy6789

Leon Cupra Mk3/3.5 Stock Intercooler

Stock Intercooler off a 2018 Leon Cupra R. Upgraded from this and just have this laying around taking up space.
  3. paddy6789

Progressive Parts Event - Rolling Road Sunday 17th November

Progressive Parts are hosting a rolling road event on 17th November. Here is the main thread with all of the information: https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/progressive-parts-rolling-road-day-sunday-17th-november.456484/#post-4882583
  4. paddy6789

Updating Maps on SSD

Howdy! I’ve got the nav high unit in my Cupra, and the maps are stored on the SSD. Does anyone know how to update them? I knew how to update the maps on mib 2 SD card, but no idea about the SSD. I can obtain the map files, but not sure how to apply them or what I’d need to do (if anything)...
  5. paddy6789

15% Off Revo, Wagner & Airtec Intercoolers

Hello all, as the warm weather is upon us you may not be able to stop yourself or the dog overheating, but you can definitely help the car! Until Sunday we are offering a massive 15% DISCOUNT on some of the very best intercoolers available on the market, in fact, we've picked our favourite...
  6. paddy6789

New Tyre Time

So it's new tyre time...I've currently got Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2 tyres all round, and I've previously used Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres on my previous Cupra 290. Has anyone looked at (or even used) any of the new Goodyear SuperSport tyres?
  7. paddy6789

Green Engineering Menu

What does this actually do? I can see it as an option to enable in OBDEleven and I've seen a few posts where people have enabled it - but what can you do through this menu? I'm not looking to do anything in particular, it's just something I've never really understood :)
  8. paddy6789

Racingline OEM+ Map

So I've had Racingline OEM+ on my car for a bit now, so thought I'd write up a bit of a review which will hopefully help some people unsure whether or not to take the jump and invest. I previously had a 2016 Cupra 290 that was entirely Racingline too; OEM+ Stage 2, TCU Map, Oil Management...
  9. paddy6789

Autowatch Ghost Installed

Just been to VAG Manchester to get the Autowatch Ghost Immobilizer installed. £399 supply and fit, same as everywhere else, but I got a £40 Progressive Parts voucher too...so decided to get some Racingline Lowering springs too :) With all the car thefts going on, I was too paranoid about my car...
  10. paddy6789

Snow Foam Lance

What snow foam lances have people opted for? I have a Karcher one, which just does seem to provide enough 'snoweyness' for my liking.
  11. paddy6789

2018 Leon Cupra R

Howdy! I picked up my new Cupra R a few days ago and I want to keep a build thread for myself but for others also to see what their views are and any recommendations/improvements :) Here she is: Completed a few coding mods so far: Enabled Alarm Chirp with Lock/Unlock Auto folding...
  12. paddy6789

Local Meets - North West - let’s get them arranged :)

Howdy all! Following the national SCN meet this year at VAG Tuner, everyone was saying that we should get more local meets arranged, and then perhaps a few more national meets. I appreciate that meets aren’t for everyone, and some people are put off because they haven’t modified their car or...
  13. paddy6789

Volume speed increase/decrease

Hello all! I dont suppose anyone knows how to stop the media system from turning the volume up or down when driving at different speeds? It's only a small thing, but it's slowly driving me mad!
  14. paddy6789

Starting / gearing issues

I'm wondering and hoping someone has had the same issues that I'm having at the moment... When starting the car from cold, it struggles to get past 500 revs or so, and then splutters down to about 100 revs. If I leave it, the car cuts out. But if I rev it before it gets as low as 100 revs, the...
  15. paddy6789

Front Bumper/Bonnet Protection

What are you good people doing to protect your front bumpers/bonnets from all the crap on the roads? I was looking at the front end of my car this weekend and it is not in a good way. So many stone chips, scratches, embedded flies, tar. I frequently clean the car, it gets polished and waxed, but...
  16. paddy6789

Cupra Oil Temperature

Howdy! What are people usually seeing as their average oil temps? I have no idea if mine is running a bit too toasty, but it has increased (as you'd expect) with each performance upgrade: Stock: 85 - 95 degrees Stage 1: 95-100 degrees Stage 2: 100-110 degrees It actually reached a record high...
  17. paddy6789

Removal of battery

I need to remove the battery to replace the top gearbox mount but I’ve heard mixed reviews from friends who have pretty much scared me from even touching the battery in the promise the world will end and my car will never work again! Bearing in mind, none of these ‘friends’ are Cupra or even...
  18. paddy6789

Coolant warning

So I was completing an overtake yesterday on the M6, middle lane to the outside lane - put my foot down a bit and then all of a sudden a load of beeping happened, warning lights on the dash and a ‘Check Engine Coolant’ message displayed. Then the dash displayed these lights: Pulled over...
  19. paddy6789

Leon Mk3 Official Seat Workshop Manuals Link

Guide now located in the new resources section of the site https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/resources/leon-mk3-official-seat-workshop-manuals-link.24/
  20. paddy6789

Cupra 290 Coolant Capacity

Howdy! Does anyone know the Coolant capacity for a 2106 Leon Cupra 290? I'm looking at switching to the Evans Power Cool 180 waterless coolant, and trying to work out how much I need to buy. I can't find anything in the manual and Seat just say that I need to take it to them to change :argue:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.