Search results

1. Avant4me

Leon diesel fr turbo on ibiza

Not with out a new manifold i wouldn't have thought. New engine is 16v old is 8v so manifolds are going to be completely different shapes meaning it is highly unlikely that the exhaust routing is exactly the same. Would be cheaper to go Hybrid on the old turbo
  2. Avant4me

Trying to reduce Cfs LCR - APR Stage1

They are not massively high on 0 timing, but still more than i ever had. Weird how its just one cylinder. I used to get very high CF on my LC after fitting my turbo back exhaust, but it was across the board. After a custom map i got to down to below 2 even at spool up point which is the worst...
  3. Avant4me

What changes on a remap.

Its the later piggy back ecu type ones from DTUK that i was looking at, just wanted to know what could be adjusted on a diesel
  4. Avant4me

What changes on a remap.

I know the title sounds a little dumb but bear with me. I have had remaps on petrol cars before and been very pleased with the results. I am now on a 130 PD diesel engine and mulling over the options. I know there are various remaps available and would probably use performance Torque as...
  5. Avant4me

Turbo Noise

Be grateful you don't have an audi then, they have managed to insulate the turbo noise so well, you cant hear it at all!
  6. Avant4me

Fitted a DTUK chip on my ibiza cupra tdi

Anyone put one of these on a RR yet to compare the maps? I gather there are 4 maps with varying degrees of fierceness. How much power adjustment is there? Not really worried about the whole wheel spin issue, as i have been blessed with quattro, although the clutch wear could be an issue for...
  7. Avant4me

400 miles

Got 400 miles on a run from Bristol to Sheffield and back, was so pleased, had to take a pic of the speedo just to prove it to myself. Never got anything like that again though!!
  8. Avant4me

Pipe Identifcation Help

Can anyone actually state which part goes into the right hand side of 13A. The dealers think it is part 9A, but that appears to connect into 14. I was thinking that it was part 10. Its the pipe circled in red at the top of this post. Ta Matt
  9. Avant4me

Check this if you have oily deposits on the underside of your Intake manifold!!!

That is the exact pipe which is gone on mine, Seat gave me a diagram which shows this as part 9A, but no specific part no. Did you get a replacement, if so how much and do you have the part number from the paperwork. Ta Matt
  10. Avant4me

RR graph is it running "LEAN* - YES! - now with logs

Thought when power was in bhp and torque in lb/ft, that the two graphs were supposed to cross at 5250 rpm. Your appear to cross at 4500 making the runs unbelievable.
  11. Avant4me

Battery acid?

Most batteries have been sealed since before the Leon was put into production.
  12. Avant4me

Check this if you have oily deposits on the underside of your Intake manifold!!!

You got the actual part number for the hose you bought, i have replaced the bigger y shaped one, and found that the one underneath is split just like yours. Dealers are struggling to identify it. Ta Matt
  13. Avant4me

What LCR mods are considered stage 1 and stage 2?

Stage 1 is generally the initial generic remap. Most tuners say an air filter, sports cat and system are essential for a stage 2 or custom map. I don't think there is a massive difference in the actual map levels, they just allow things to be pushed a little further with the increased flow of...
  14. Avant4me

Air Con warm, and yes it's been recharged!

A lot of places will just simply recharge the system up to the same pressure. If the coolant has become contaminated though, it still will not work properly. I had to have mine vacuum filled. In short they suck all the gas out the system to create a full vacuum before filling it back up...
  15. Avant4me

Pipe Identifcation Help

This is the updated part number, just ordered mine from Bristol SEAT £29 inc VAT. Went checking as i was getting a smell of fumes in the car as soon as i was stopped.
  16. Avant4me

Removing back box

Yes. he is talking about removing all the boxes and just having a straight pipe from the cat out the exhaust!!!! You may as well go the whole hog and get a decat as well, cus it aint going to get through an MOT without a silencer of some description. How loud is loud enough? The Piper...
  17. Avant4me

where do i find dog bone engine mounts??

So the forge one is only the bushes??? Didin't realise that, are they difficult to fit into the holder?
  18. Avant4me

Removing back box

Would be loud enough to make your ears bleed!!!. Would have thought it would make the car run like a dog when off boost, as it will lose all back pressure. Just out of interest how loud do you want it? Without a back system, it will even be too loud for most tracks. Would you not feel daft...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.