Search results

1. Jamesenty

1.4tsi thermostat help

i have had an issue with my 1.4tsi cupra for a while now, not a massive issue hence why i havent dealt with it yet. when the colder months arrive the car struggles to get up to temperature, and if it ever does get to temperature it drops as soon as i pick up some speed. so my diagnosis is that...
  2. Jamesenty

Rotary noise from front wheels-wheel bearing?

I wanted to do it myself but didn’t have the equipment for it as the bearing has got to be pressed into the hub so I had a garage do it for me Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Jamesenty

Just to let everyone know it was a wheel bearing as I suspected, all sorted now, surprising how quiet my car seems now with that noise gone! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Jamesenty

Almost 4 years old, 48k miles Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Jamesenty

It’s not a clicking noise, it’s definitely a humming that occurs with each rotation of the front wheels, I know that my tracking was out and it’s just been sorting so my front tyres are a bit unevenly worn, could that cause the noise? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Jamesenty

2013 Ibiza cupra decat

Yeah that is true, it shouldn’t cause an issue a lot of people do run decats with out remap but they always end up getting it properly mapped in, I’ve heard it can cause your engine to run a little bit more rich and can cause oil seals in the turbo to go Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Jamesenty

Got a noise coming from the front wheels in the best way I can describe is like a helicopter! The noise get faster and louder with speed and is more dominant when I’m turning a corner (turning onto motorway slips roads are the worst as I’m at speed and turning). There is no vibration just the...
  8. Jamesenty

2013 Ibiza cupra decat

If you want more noise and aren’t bothered about tuning it yet I’d not bother with a decat, just get the centre silencers cut out and a decent cat back system, I went for a 2.75” milltek catback but have now got a full turbo back milltek with sports cat as I have gone stage 2 Sent from my...
  9. Jamesenty

2014 Ibiza cupra headlight washers not working

I could do with finding out which fuse it is I don’t know the fuse layout! Yes I’ve tried it with the headlights on and I thought it says in the manual after 5 seconds of holding back the yoke to use the windscreen washers they will start?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Jamesenty

Yeah let me know if you find anything, I’m upgrading my brakes soon so il be more inclined to stripping things off it then while it’s already jacked up! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Jamesenty

I think trying to find it would be a front bumper off job which I can’t be assed doing yet[emoji23] I’d rather test the fuse first if anybody knows which fuse it is and then look for the pump, start with the basics Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Jamesenty

Headlight washers aren’t working and don’t really know if they have worked since I’ve owned the car, are they fed from their own pump or do they just rely on the pressure of the windscreen washers being turned on? I have taken them out and apart and fluid is free flowing to them but just doesn’t...
  13. Jamesenty

Wishbone tightening torques

Perfect thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Jamesenty

Wishbone tightening torques

Anyone got any info on the tightening torques of all the fixings for the front left wishbone/support arm? Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Jamesenty

Milltek Exhaust Options- 2.5" or 2.76"

230-240bhp depending on where you get your map Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Jamesenty

Milltek Exhaust Options- 2.5" or 2.76"

When I first got my milltek catback I was in the same boat I never intended on doing anything more to my cupra than just making it a bit noisier, but as time went on I decided I do want to take things further with performance and it's a good job I did go with the 2.76" or I wouldn't of been able...
  17. Jamesenty

Smurf's Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.4TSI Thread

Can I first ask what year your cupra is? If it the first version (pre facelift) then you will have the cave engine most likely which unfortunately suffered bad engine oil consumption and misfiring which can be helped by updated cool packs and spark plugs. Other wise the new cthe engine code was...
  18. Jamesenty

Race chip

Very easy, two connectors that piggy back onto the turbo boost pressure sensor and the manifold absolute pressure sensor, they provide instructions which shows the 1.2tsi engine so it's easy to follow on there but if your struggling I've got some detailed pics. And yes definitely a big change in...
  19. Jamesenty

Race chip

I had a racechip one on my 1.2tsi and I thought it was brilliant! Recommended it to someone over on the teamboc Facebook page who has now bought one for his 1.4tsi cupra and he really rates it too, if you can join the page and find the post they are making a list for a lot of people to buy and...
  20. Jamesenty

larger front mount intercooler

I have recently installed the same thing and when putting it back together my radiator was wobbling like crazy but I noticed it while everything was still stripped down, I took the radiator off again and refitted it and after that it was fine, what holds the radiator like you say is the 2xt20...