Search results

1. Zardoz

End of an era...

Cheers guys, yeah it’s been a massive decision as I love this car... but family needs and practicalities have forced my hand. Like I say gutted but it’s been a blast. No other car has put a grin on my face like this has, especially since the remap! This online community is superb, not many...
  2. Zardoz

End of an era...

Cheers guys, may the machine gods be kind to you all!!!
  3. Zardoz

End of an era...

Ha, hit the nail on the head :) Deposit went down on a 3 door Toyota Auris 1.6 VVT-i T3 (£2700) with only 22k! on the clock, so I get that next Saturday. Hardly earth shattering, I know but I just need something reliable for my longer daily commute and everything else that’s going on. The chain...
  4. Zardoz

End of an era...

No problem. Good luck with finding a nice Ibiza and hope your Leon runs ok in the meantime.
  5. Zardoz

End of an era...

No worries and thanks mate, it’s been a rough 12 months. So far in trouble shooting the loss: New radiator Water pump (and timing belt) Thermostat inc new flange New coolant reservoir cap Whole new coolant reservoir and cap Couple of pieces of hose. Heater matrix flush I’m in Fleetwood near...
  6. Zardoz

End of an era...

Hey no worries mate, it’s been a tough decision to say the least. The time and money I’ve spent means I’ve been heavily invested in her, but due to bad stuff going on in the family (relative many miles away terminally ill) we need two reliable cars in our house. Just don’t have the time to put...
  7. Zardoz

End of an era...

It’s with a very heavy heart that I’m throwing in the towel with my beloved Mk1 Leon. I’ve tried all I can with my coolant loss issues but things are getting worse rather than better... so I’ve made a hard decision and decided it’s time to let go. I’d like to thank all you guys on here for years...
  8. Zardoz

2 Problems I need help with: Wet footwells, coolant smell.

Be careful not to breath in the vapours or you could end up in a Korma.
  9. Zardoz

what have you done to your car today ?

My complexion is lovely after opening the bonnet for a look.
  10. Zardoz

Well, that's a first. After a spirited run to work I got just round the corner and off popped the coolant reservoir cap. And lots of steam.
  11. Zardoz

2 Problems I need help with: Wet footwells, coolant smell.

Do the pools in your footwells smell like coolant? Might be a leaking heater matrix.
  12. Zardoz

Limo mode tried everything

Could be a sticky actuator. I'd give the cast iron side of the turbo a Mr Muscle treatment (give it a google if unsure) and while it's doing it's thing get underneath and give the actuator lever a good blast of wd40 and push it back and forth a few times (repeat this every 10 mins or so while...
  13. Zardoz

1.9TDI FR 150 Emissions Test MoT Fail Advice

Don't remember it being too difficult... bottom bolt was done blind though, had to feel for it. Just used my trusty Bahco 1/4" socket set with extension piece.
  14. Zardoz

5 more litres of concentrated coolant bought! Still not chased down the cause of the loss... family stuff going on means no time to spend under the bonnet lately.
  15. Zardoz

I can't imagine any spray cleaner getting the sort of crud off. Elbow grease my friend! :D
  16. Zardoz

It's easy enough to remove the EGR valve completely and get it scrubbed up like new with some carburettor cleaner and a plastic scrubbing brush.
  17. Zardoz

Clunking after new clutch

I had noises from my car after a clutch and dmf swap... The dog bone mount hadn't been reconnected properly! Took it as an opportunity to upgrade. Hope yours is something simple like that mate (cant play the audio as Im at work)
  18. Zardoz

I'm back too... at least I'm working from home today though. Hope you've all had a good one.
  19. Zardoz

Cracking job, looks fantastic.
  20. Zardoz

While it's open get any gunk out you can see and blast it with WD40.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.