Search results

1. Zardoz

End of an era...

It’s with a very heavy heart that I’m throwing in the towel with my beloved Mk1 Leon. I’ve tried all I can with my coolant loss issues but things are getting worse rather than better... so I’ve made a hard decision and decided it’s time to let go. I’d like to thank all you guys on here for years...
  2. Zardoz

Coolant hose inner diameter (15692T1 EPDM)

Hi folks, trying to buy myself a small length of this coolant hose (Marked 15692T1 EPDM) as i noticed the split piece I had replaced with fuel line isn’t up to the job*. Nothing coming up on eBay etc. Anyone know what inner diameter it is? Thanks. *that darker section held on with jubilee clips
  3. Zardoz

TDi coolant loss

Sorry folks I keep posting bits in the What have you done to your car today thread about this and should have started my own thread long ago. So my TDi has been loosing coolant in varying amounts over the last few months. Recent culprits have been a split hose (replaced) knackered radiator...
  4. Zardoz

Part finder help

Trying to find the name/part number for this plastic piece that popped off just after the MAP sensor housing and got gouged out. Made a fair old thunk when it went! From a 110tdi ASV engine.
  5. Zardoz

Replacement MAP sensors 110tdi ASV engine

Just looking to replace my MAP sensor and two sites are coming back with different models... Eurocarparts have this one for my engine...
  6. Zardoz

Door card 'bubbles'

Bit of a weird one... I noticed these appear on both the drivers side front and rear door cards (passenger side normal). Anyone else had these / know what's caused it and how to fix it? When pressed they just feel like air pockets and bounce back up.
  7. Zardoz

TDi fuel line diameter

Hi folks, noticed today that a section of fuel line was damp with diesel. Was just about to order some replacement line but wasn’t sure of inner diameter. Anyone know? Cheers in advance.
  8. Zardoz

Floor mat studs / clips

Is it easy to swap out the original round studs that hold the front floor mats in place with the newer oval twist ones? The mats I've ordered have the oval holes and I'm thinking if I swap my holders the mats will be more secure. Next question, anyone got any? :)
  9. Zardoz

Louder Turbo whistling

Noticed that as well as my limp mode making a reappearance in higher gears under load I can also hear the turbo whistling (could never really hear it before). Sound like a split hose or is there anything else that might be causing it? I do have a ODB reader somewhere so I'll dig it out this...
  10. Zardoz

Remapped TDi ASV shuddering when switched off

As the title says, I've noticed that since I've had my car remapped the Anti Shudder Valve seems to have stopped doing it's job. Wondered if it's part of the map or just a coincidence. If I leave my car ticking over after stopping for a while the shudder will be much less or sometimes not there...
  11. Zardoz

Brake disc size 110TDi

Just about to order new pads and discs for the front and noticed there are three sizes listed for my model! 288mm 280mm & 256mm! Could understand the slight difference of 8mm on the first two but 24mm seems a bit wrong. Anyone know what I should be going for or is it a case of getting a wheel...
  12. Zardoz

New clutch / DM Flywheel / Gearbox

Recently had a new clutch and flywheel fitted and while it was in the garage the mechanic called me to say he'd noticed a large amount of metal flakes in the gearbox oil. Said I'd have to take the chance with it as didn't have enough cash to have that looked at too (and besides the gear change...
  13. Zardoz

Is this splitter / lip a Seat product?

Just seen this trade show pic (think its from the 4x4 European model) and noticed the splitter on the standard bumper. Would love to get hold of one for mine. Anyone have any more info?
  14. Zardoz

Gerrard Actuator 1.9TDi

Im trying to diagnose / fix my limp mode by a process of elimination (cheapest stuff first :D) I replaced all my vacuum lines yesterday and got as far as having a look at how to get to the exhaust side of turbo to try and clean it with Mr Muscle. When I was snooping about I tried moving the...
  15. Zardoz

EGR delete

Just wondering if I fitted something along these lines... http://egrvalve.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=62_75&product_id=73 ...would I need to get anything remapped afterwards? Excuse my ignorance, just always assumed I would do with making such a change to the engine :)
  16. Zardoz

ASV Vacuum hoses

After seeing the state of some of the original braided hoses I've decided to swap them all out for silicon. I've read that some are 4mm and others 3mm internal diameter so wanted to ask if anyone knows how many meters of each I'd need to do the lot on my 110 TDi ASV. Ta.
  17. Zardoz

Replacing coolant in a 110TDi ASV

As my temp gauge isn't working and the current coolant is brown due to garage topping up my G12 with blue stuff I thought I'd attempt to drain it all and flush and replace it. After a few watches of YouTube vids I popped the bonnet and saw the temp sender was pretty easy to get to. Jacked the...
  18. Zardoz

Under tray side supports

Noticed a massive crack in my drivers side side support for the under tray (The plastic moulding than runs on the inside of the engine bay down to the under tray). It's still all holding together but was wondering if it's possible to buy them on their own as the under tray itself is still ok...
  19. Zardoz

Thermostat replacement 110TDi

Need to get round to replacing a few bits and pieces on my car to finally stop it going into Limp Mode. Thanks to this place I've found great guides and links for me to follow. I'll be cleaning out the EGR valve and replacing the MAF(MAP?) sensor too. However I'm struggling to find anything...
  20. Zardoz

Electric wing mirror swap

My drivers side electric mirror won't adjust after taking a few knocks. They're the older 'squarer' type and was wondering if it's possible to do a straight replacement with the newer 'teardrop' shaped ones. Would the triangular piece of plastic need swapping too on the door? Ta. Thinking I...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise