Search results

1. 2013 Leon 1.8 TSI manual - 20K miles and the clutch pedal is sticking!

Having now got the car back from the garage I can confirm that number 45 in the diagram above, is the slave cylinder that the mechanic showed me. It's definitely on the outside of the gearbox :-) He also showed me a small cube of blue plastic that appeared to have a small brass inset with a hole...
  2. 2013 Leon 1.8 TSI manual - 20K miles and the clutch pedal is sticking!

Quick update: I called in at my local SEAT stealers (York) and they behaved like a true politician and told me nothing, denied everything but said they could diagnose the problem if I paid £75 an hour (and they wonder why we hate the main dealers!). They did say they could speak to SEAT on my...
  3. 2013 Leon 1.8 TSI manual - 20K miles and the clutch pedal is sticking!

Thanks for the replies so far, appreciated. @LouG I've not experienced the clutch slipping at all now or 3 months ago. What I'm seeing, not every time, is that if you change gear the clutch pedal hardly rises up again but it's in gear and I can accelerate. If I then tap the clutch it comes...
  4. 2013 Leon 1.8 TSI manual - 20K miles and the clutch pedal is sticking!

Hi All, Anyone experienced the clutch pedal sticking and needing to be physically raised again or it appearing to lag behind your foot or being difficult to press? After some internet trawling it looks like this is a known issue across the VAG group, with possible causes being the slave or...
  5. DTUK FSR 1.8 tuning box what are the characteristics of maps 1 to 4?

Hello, I've recently purchased a second hand FSR tuning box for the 1.8 TSI (the model without the built in adjustment buttons). It came with fitting instructions etc. but can anyone tell me what the characteristics of maps 1 to 4 are please? :) Many Thanks, Ian
  6. DTUK FSR 1.8 tuning box what are the characteristics of maps 1 to 4?

Hello, I've recently purchased a second hand FSR tuning box for the 1.8 TSI (the model without the built in adjustment buttons). It came with fitting instructions etc. but can anyone tell me what the characteristics of maps 1 to 4 are please? :) Many Thanks, Ian
  7. DTUK Box Leon 1.8 DSG

You probably want some input from Kraken on the usage as I'm not familiar with it but it would seem that there is a definite improvement assuming the figures don't lie! So the tuning box presumably at its highest setting has knocked around 1 second off the 0-60 time for the manual 1.8 TSI...
  8. DTUK Box Leon 1.8 DSG

I'd also be interested in an A/B performance difference. I'd quite like to know how the 0-60 and in gear acceleration times change, as part of me is a bit sceptical about whether tuning boxes actually make the car faster or just appear to!
  9. 1.4 to 1.8

Thanks for the replies on the tuning box vs remap discussion. Does anyone have the RaceChip 1 tuning box? It's the cheapest they offer with a 31bhp increase which in theory should make a difference but does it? I emailed them to ask for the new 0-60mph and in gear acceleration times on the...
  10. 1.4 to 1.8

Being slightly naive but doesn't a map and a tuning box do the same thing effectively? Updating the map for more fuel and x rpm etc. or with a box fiddling the sensor values to make the current map give more fuel at x rpm? I guess whichever method is used the turbo is being asked to boost...
  11. 1.4 to 1.8

I have a manual 1.8 TSI FR and like pretty much everything about it. It's faster than my old Toledo 150 TDI and corners better, I assume due to the multi link rear suspension. Like italianjob I can't afford a Cupra but half heartedly I am considering a tuning box, perhaps the DTUK one because it...
  12. DTUK tuning box

@dieselface: Probably a long shot but at least 6 months ago you had a 1.8 TSI DTUK box for sale. Do you still have it? Is there anybody with a Mk3 1.8 TSI and the DTUK box that is happy to offer their honest opinions? Am I likely to get Golf GTI or Cupra like performance etc? Thanks!
  13. Seat Leon 1.8 TSI help

@tony20: Did you post your videos anywhere else by chance as I have the same car as you and was interested in the DTUK box? I'm not sure whether a tuning box or remap or nothing at all is the way to go. There's a lot of comment on whether one should remap an engine or not etc :-)
  14. Which Leon Model?

@Lentaja: I'd love the Cupra but cost and mpg put me off, so I went for the 1.8 TSI manual in the end. However, could you tell me more about your APR re-map please? How long have you had it and what mileage have you covered since? I understand what re-mapping is about but feel 50/50 on whether...
  15. VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

I'm having problems finding a VCDS clone cable. I really can't justify £250+ for the genuine cable given my DIY/light use needs. There were some on AliExpress but they've disappeared! Can someone point me to where they got theirs please? Alternatively ODBEleven was recommended by Havsgaard...
  16. Leon FR 1.8 180bhp & Polo GTI 1.8 192bhp Engines

Hi All, So what's the deal with these engines. Is the Polo engine the same as our Leon's? The next obvious question is can we get hold of the extra torque and bhp? Although I'm assuming it wouldn't be straight forward or even possible without software or mechanical changes. Thanks, Ian
  17. VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

Mikinek, Is your issue possibly related to the version of VCDS you have? See the answer from dw911 above.
  18. VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

@Havsgaard: OBDeleven looks great as a VCDS alternative but sadly they don't offer a version which runs on a Windows laptop! @who.am.i: I'm happy to use a clone and have done with VAG-COM. Sadly a quick search on ebay and "chinatown" isn't giving many results (avoiding ELM327). Could you or...
  19. VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

Hello, Not sure if I can ask about clone VCDS cables, so apologies if not but if so, does anyone mind telling me where they got theirs please, as I'd like to carry out one or two of the mods detailed in this thread and I know my old K-line cable won't work! Thanks, Ian
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise