Search results

1. Karmann_65

exeo TDI rear exhaust box

Hi Matt Under the rotted outer skin was a solid looking exhaust box. I doubt it's stainless but providing it's not blowing who cares? Just pay attention to the welds where the pipe meets the box. If the weld is solid then you should be fine for a good while yet. ATB Brian (Karmann)
  2. Karmann_65

Time to say Goodbye

Hi Fnesslee As a direct result of the VAG "dirty diesel" emissions scandal, I received 2 letters from Seat asking to recall my car for a software update. The first letter I ignored, considering that my car ran fine and had never failed an MOT for emissions (or anything else for that matter). The...
  3. Karmann_65

Time to say Goodbye

That sad day has finally arrived. Bought my 2.0tdi Exeo ST with 60,000 miles on the clock and always maintained that at 100,000 miles I would trade it in. As my kids get bigger the demands on the car get greater. Rear legroom and boot space are paramount in the new list of current...
  4. Karmann_65

exeo TDI rear exhaust box

Just an update on my "rotting" rear exhaust box. Just lately it's started vibrating at low revs. Turned out to be the upper outer skin vibrating against the heat shielding. After purchsing a small tube of silicone grease and a pair of exhaust hanger puller hooks, I managed to lower the exhaust...
  5. Karmann_65

Exeo Coolant Temperature

Had my Exeo 2.0tdi ST for a couple of years now and had the inline thermostat changed 12 months go for this exact reason. My commute is 15 miles of A roads and when the outside temperature drops below 6 degrees the engine never sees a temperature much above the lowest level on the gauge...
  6. Karmann_65

What tow bar?

I got a Witter detachable swan neck towbar. Rated up to 2000kg. Had it fitted one day while I was at work. The fitter came to the works car park to do the job so it couldn't have been easier. It works great for my mid sized camping trailer or Thule bike rack and lives in the boot when not in...
  7. Karmann_65

Wheel Inspiration Needed

Cheers Matt. My thoughts exactly. It just remains for me to measure up and order new (red "S") Seat centre caps. I think they're 54mm but need to check. Cheap enough on fleabay. :seatgod:
  8. Karmann_65

Wheel Inspiration Needed

When I arrived to collect the wheels the whole saga went pear shaped. For whatever reason the sellers used a different picture (same style wheels) of the actual wheels for sale. To my annoyance, the wheels ready for collection were sprayed Anthracite, not silver. :no: Don't ask! To their...
  9. Karmann_65

Wheel Inspiration Needed

I've not actually seem them yet but from the pictures so far they look great. They also match the exact size of my current wheels. Elsewhere,I got offered a nice looking set of un-refurbished Audi S-Line alloys for £250 but they would have required slightly bigger tyres (245's) and I don't...
  10. Karmann_65

Wheel Inspiration Needed

I know it sounds obvious to put in a claim but the road in question is just so dangerous (with no paths and high hedges) that it's out of the question to start taking photos etc as per the council requirements for a claim. I've decided to bite the bullet and just buy a full set of refurbished...
  11. Karmann_65

Wheel Inspiration Needed

It's been a long time since I had to buy any wheels but that's now the position I'm in due to hitting a HUGE pothole in the dark. :censored: If anyone has one of these for sale I'd love to hear from you. At the moment I'm running the 3 remaining 18"s and the steel spare which is a 16"...
  12. Karmann_65

Oil Filter Question

Answered my own question by taking the filter off again and finding that the paper element pulls off over the plastic shaft. Having owned previous VW's I'd only ever seen the ones where the shaft was a part of the actual filter. Totally my own fault but lesson learned.
  13. Karmann_65

Oil Filter Question

I've been to EuroCarParts for new oil and filters (inc air and pollen) and it's all good except for the oil filter. The one I have been given has no locating stem sticking out of the filter base but matches up correctly with the engine code "CJCA". The car is a 2012 2.0ST TDi The one...
  14. Karmann_65

Sync key after battery replacement

Bought a GP battery today and it all worked straight away. Thanks Walone
  15. Karmann_65

With this in mind I tried another new battery (also with Chinese writing on it above the CR2025 number) and got the same result. No joy! I put the "duff" CR2025 that came out originally (with no Chinese writing) and the car unlocks/locks straight away. With no re-sync. Seems the key fob...
  16. Karmann_65

Hi all The dash warning came up on the wifes 2015 Leon FR saying the key battery was on it's last legs. After replacing the old battery with a tested new one, the remote unlock/lock no longer works. The little red LED on the key fob now only shines very dimly when a button is pressed...
  17. Karmann_65

What tyre pressures do you run?

Hi Nick For daily commuting I keep mine at the standard (unladen) settings you quoted. The steering has always felt to be on the heavy side but I put that down to having lower profile tyres than than what I was used to my previous Passat TDI estate. How much different tyre makes affect the...
  18. Karmann_65

Seat exeo estate st rear wiper arm

New wiper arm arrived quickly and initially looked to be an exact match for the original. However, it appears there's one significant fault with the replacement part. The spring that pulls it onto the glass is not as strong as the original and left the blade only touching at the ends. Side by...
  19. Karmann_65

That's very kind thanks but I ordered the one from GSF last night. :doh: If it's no good I'll be in touch and glad to pay postage. Thanks again :)
  20. Karmann_65

Found these on ebay..... Seat Exeo St 3R5 2009-2016 Metzger Wiper Arm Rear £21.00 Comes with 12 months warranty Free delivery nationwide In stock Being sold by GSF it gives me a little more confidence in its quality.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.