Search results

1. The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

Mine are on order so fingers crossed! Thanks :cheers:
  2. The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

Sorry, I have another question. I had changed the festoon and map lights to LEDs that I bought from Halfords previously. There was still sufficient residual current for the festoon lights to be dimly lit constantly when they weren't meant to be on. When you switched yours over did you have any...
  3. The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

Perfect, thanks!
  4. The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

Hey guys, I've been trawling this thread but am now probably more confused than when I started! I have a 2014 Leon which did not have any internal LED bulbs as standard. I do not want to do any soldering of resistors. Please can someone link some LED bulbs that won't require any adjustments to...
  5. Urgent advice please - Handbrake button popped off!

Thanks man, I'll give it a try!
  6. Urgent advice please - Handbrake button popped off!

Ah I potentially spoke too soon. It seems to be popping off regularly and SEAT servicing say a whole new handbrake is required. I'm seeking other quotes as SEAT is so expensive.
  7. Urgent advice please - Handbrake button popped off!

Thank you both for your replies. :clap: Yes, it was for a manual handbrake. As it turns out, like eltawater said, it was just a case of buying a new silver end button. It clicked straight in to place without needing any other work. The old button must have been worn as it wouldn't click in to...
  8. Urgent advice please - Handbrake button popped off!

Thsnk you but I'd found this previously and other than the guy that got it sorted under warranty (which mine is no longer under) there's no indication of whether I can just buy a new button or whether it's a whole new unit that's required. Can I just get a new button and click it in (I retained...
  9. Urgent advice please - Handbrake button popped off!

Hi all, I'm seeking some urgent advice as earlier today the silver button on the end of the handbrake just fell out. I didn't even notice exactly when it happened but now I have a big issue with the handbrake as it doesn't exactly work well without the button. Has anyone had this issue before...
  10. Reversing light and parking sensors have failed

So I've taken a look. I replaced the switch and as I was putting the clip connector back on I noticed that one of the wires has sheared off where it goes in to the connector. I can't get a soldering iron out to where I have my car jacked up. Any ideas?
  11. Fuel filler door central locking

I'm having exactly the same problem. It's locked shut and takes 20-30 tries to get it open. Do I need to just lubricate the mechanism or am I likely to need to change the solenoid?
  12. Petrol Flap Stuck Closed

Out of warranty I'm afraid since last September, so I will take a look at the other threads to see what can be done. Thanks all for your help :clap:
  13. Petrol Flap Stuck Closed

Hi, I'm having problems with the petrol flap, as when the car is unlocked and I press the flap in nothing happens. I have to stand around on the forecourt locking and unlocking the car and pressing the flap in for up to 10 minutes sometimes before it randomly pops open. Has anyone had this...
  14. Reversing light and parking sensors have failed

Thanks Deano, that's really helpful. :D I have located the switch in the engine bay now but it's pretty awkward to get to. Two questions really: 1. Is it just a case of unscrewing the switch and unclipping the wiring connector? Do I need a seal or washer or anything when replacing it? Should...
  15. Reversing light and parking sensors have failed

Thanks, that was suggested to me. I don't really just want to start taking things apart though, as I have to admit I'm not going to be 100% sure what I'm doing. No Haynes manual available either. Any idea where I can find something that will point me in the right direction of where the switch...
  16. Reversing light and parking sensors have failed

My reversing light and parking sensor have both failed. I have checked the bulb and it appears intact so I wanted to check the fuse. I cannot however seem to find a fuse list so I don't know which the fuse is for the reversing light circuit. Can anyone point me in the right direction please...
  17. Interior LED mods

What was your experience of these? I've been looking around for some nice red LEDs for the footwells too but am struggling to find anything that looks decent.
  18. Interior LED mods

Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade the interior overhead console lights to LEDs if possible. Are the reading lights just normal 501 fitments? Also does anyone have any guidance on removing the fascia to the console? I've only had a very quick look but it wasn't obvious to me where the best...
  19. SE with or without Tech Pack?

:lol: Thanks
  20. SE with or without Tech Pack?

I hadn't considered the manufacturer's warranty aspect, good point well made! :) Is there much difference between the newer 108hp and older 104hp engines?