Search results

1. klawit

Rear discs

For rear axle you should go for the 255/10 mm discs
  2. klawit

AUX Port and USB port

Hello Victor99, seems you don't posess any user/owner manual ... check out this one: Seat AlteaXL Owners Manual MY2008 Should cover your car, when built between June 2007 and May 2008, if built before June, chose the model year 2007 (yet only minor changes in manual).
  3. klawit

Engine swap?!

Hi tombo1984, after 15 minutes of research I couldn't find any hint within your threads or posts, what engine your "1.6" is at all. Diesel? Petrol? LPG? What construction year? Check with your dealer whether a replacement engine (including installation) won't exceed the residual value of the...
  4. klawit

Altea steering wheel

Hello Apj, welcome aboard ... short info in advance: whenever you ask for specific help for your car, don't let the community guess about model, year built and equipment features. I'd recommend that you'd rather arrange yourself with the given steering wheel and radio, as an upgrade will be...
  5. klawit

Please help! Wiper Linkage replacement

Hi, nope, those parts are definitely different and the Leon part won't fit in your Altea and vice versa, no matter which model year. I assume, the pictures you're referencing might be the ones offered as exploded views ... they're often enough standardized, thus not precise enough.
  6. klawit

Altea SAFE locking AAARGH!!

Hi Trev73, as time has gone by, the facelift (FL) models all came with (partly) changed control units' setup and upgrades in the convenience features. Hence your description is absolutely correct regarding the generations built between June 2008 until the last edition in 2015. Same with...
  7. klawit

Altea 1.9tdi knock from NSF suspension

Hi Russ, Worn bearings of the coupling rod were quite often identified as the cause of knocking noises from the front axle. However, a bit surprised, why not noticeable on the shaker plate.
  8. klawit

Tyre ratings 91H or 94V for my Altea XL 1.9 Tdi ?

According to the COC (certificate of conformity), the Altea requires a minimum of 91H (load index, speed rating), so imho no need to go for higher (and mostly more expensive) categories.
  9. klawit

Blower resistor

Really, just a connection issue then? Congrats ... and thanks for sharing your solution.
  10. klawit

Blower resistor

To cut a long story short: Take your car to the garage and have a diagnostic scan (2c-climatronic should be monitored, other than the climatic). Otherwise there is too much guessing involved when it comes to influences with today's electronic control units and sensors. Good luck.
  11. klawit

Blower resistor

ah, ok ... so it's a climatronic ... and your Altea dates back before 2009, when facelifting changed the interior. So unfortunately the wrong guess with the pre-resistor causing trouble. :( :think: I've read about issues with the temperature sensor on the evaporator causing very little...
  12. klawit

Blower resistor

Little promising, but you might check those fuses anyway:
  13. klawit

Blower resistor

Why's that? Sounds to me like being probably the same issue with the pre-resistor as described above. To make sure we're talking about the same aircon version, this is the one that holds a pre-resisitor: btw. "57plate" to me is a very british term, what's the corresponding model year?
  14. klawit

Freetrack Mudflaps

Happy ending :thumbup: I only wonder what the flaps should be good for? :think: This shiny looking car doesn't seem to be made for off-road driving ... [B)]
  15. klawit

Seat altea lx 2008 not starting some days

Me not being too familiar with all those english special terms, I'd suggest some DIY .... i.e. do a Google search on "12295 Camshaft position sensor" and browse through the various results (some video and repair guidance). Good luck & keep us updated :yes:
  16. klawit

Blower resistor

Any update regarding your issue?
  17. klawit

Remote Central Locking - Range

Hello BertChalmers, you obviously changed from a facelift model (MY10) to a pre-FL (MY09), where the comfort CU is separated from the onboard network ECU. I remember that I had to reconfigure my MY06 Altea's comfort CU, where you should find a programmed bit setting for "Remote control range...
  18. klawit

Any update? Issue solved?
  19. klawit

Blower resistor

Welcome aboard :wave: Any idea how many different versions of the Altea (XL) have been produced between 2003-2015? At least a hint about the modelyear (when was your car built? before/after 2009?) and the equipment (simple aircon or climatronic?) would be helpful when requesting specific...
  20. klawit

Hello, well, according to your description, this will be more or less vague guessing: - AGR valve issue? - glow plug(s)? - compression issue? - low battery? - change from summer to winter fuel? (=> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_diesel_fuel) Regarding the first four assumptions, there...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.